Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Based on Eve Ewing's tweet it sounds like all the new additional members that Zub added in the relaunch are also returning.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Do you think the acronym C.R.A.D.L.E. actually stands for something like, S.H.I.E.L.D. or S.W.O.R.D.? Acronyms are traditional for Marvel almost as much as their love for alliterative names.

I like Simone Di Meo's art for this. To me his style is like a hybrid of Kim Jacinto and Jorge Jimenez.

And Toni Infante is an absolute beast! His art is what I expect to see in those art books for AAA videos games, or the high quality indie games like Bastion or anything else that comes out of Supergiant games.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 01-10-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Based on Eve Ewing's tweet it sounds like all the new additional members that Zub added in the relaunch are also returning.
    I thought it'd be everyone except for Dust, but there she is on one of the covers. The Outlawed preview already told us that we'd be starting with the team mostly intact, but I wasn't sure if some would quit. Incoming's teaser promised a titanic division, which didn't happen in that comic.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

According to the new New Warriors solicit this new law is called Kamala's Law, so maybe the Coles incident the previews were talking about involved Kamala getting hurt while in her civilian identity.

Cole's Disaster. I think her school gets blown up. I wonder if she sneaked off as Ms. Marvel and the world thinks she was killed?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

All this teen hero talk got me kinda missing Mosaic
    Now he definitely wasn't a teen but his series ended with him bonded with one, and i don't think he's been since Secret Empire, guess he just died....

I guess my theory that the team would be scaling back because of the law was off, although I can't help but feel like some of them are going to end up sacrificial lambs to show how serious things are.

Katie Power and Squirrel Girl are Champions now?

So Kamala is turned into the poster girl for the new law. That's got to sting.

CRADLE sounds both goofy and sinister enough for a government force designed for capturing and arresting teen Superheroes.

The art's gorgeous. I hope Jacinto can be part of the rotation.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess my theory that the team would be scaling back because of the law was off, although I can't help but feel like some of them are going to end up sacrificial lambs to show how serious things are.

Katie Power and Squirrel Girl are Champions now?

So Kamala is turned into the poster girl for the new law. That's got to sting.

CRADLE sounds both goofy and sinister enough for a government force designed for capturing and arresting teen Superheroes.
    The Power Pack series they announced is just a mini, the solicit even says they're only back together for a special occasion, and Alex and Julie are already with the Future Foundation, so I wouldn't be surprised if Energiser joins up. Maybe the older Powers siblings think she'd be better served here. As for Squirrel Girl, no surprise if she joins either considering she's Kamala's BFF in Marvel Rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    All this teen hero talk got me kinda missing Mosaic
    Now he definitely wasn't a teen but his series ended with him bonded with one, and i don't think he's been since Secret Empire, guess he just died....
    Mosaic was is Secret Empire? I have no memory of this. Time for a revisit.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Mosaic was is Secret Empire? I have no memory of this. Time for a revisit.
    His role basically amounts to being a distraction, and unless I missed it, we don't see him past making said distraction...ever.

IIRC he was possessing an elderly guy who was almost on the brink of death.

Apparently Eve Ewing was offered Champions last summer, so that must've been as soon as they decided to kick Zub off the book. Since they're only launching the new status quo in March, I don't see why they couldn't have given Zub a couple more issues (it would've still finished before Incoming) - he resolved all of his storylines except for Sparky the Synthezoid Dog being possessed by Ultron - it could've been connected to Iron Man's Ultron arc which was published at the same time that would've been.

And incidentally, you know how the new logo was introduced for Champions and then issue 5 brought back the old one (which the new run is keeping)? I think that's the point they'd decided to change writer. That'd mean Eve Ewing has been planning everything for a while. Makes me wonder if Ironheart's final arc was written in full knowledge that the New Warriors would be coming back too.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    IIRC he was possessing an elderly guy who was almost on the brink of death.

Apparently Eve Ewing was offered Champions last summer, so that must've been as soon as they decided to kick Zub off the book. Since they're only launching the new status quo in March, I don't see why they couldn't have given Zub a couple more issues (it would've still finished before Incoming) - he resolved all of his storylines except for Sparky the Synthezoid Dog being possessed by Ultron - it could've been connected to Iron Man's Ultron arc which was published at the same time that would've been.

And incidentally, you know how the new logo was introduced for Champions and then issue 5 brought back the old one (which the new run is keeping)? I think that's the point they'd decided to change writer. That'd mean Eve Ewing has been planning everything for a while. Makes me wonder if Ironheart's final arc was written in full knowledge that the New Warriors would be coming back too.
    For good or bad, Marvel seems pretty hell bent on giving a cancelled series just enough issues for a full TPB so they probably didn't want to greenlight Zub's rub for another 5 or 6 issues.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Except that it DIDN'T have enough issues to fill another trade. Issues 1-6 were a trade, which left 7-10 for the next one (it was originally advertised as 7-11). Trades usually have more than four issues. They ended up padding it with an issue of one of the solo books I think. Note that I only said it should've been another two issues. It would fill the trade and still finish before Ewing's run started in Incoming.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-11-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Who do you think they have for the colorist? I only ask because Simone De Meo's linework has great use of lighting in it and I really want a colorist that can utilize that to its fullest. Maybe Marcio Menyz can come back on the series?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 01-11-2020 at 01:26 PM.