Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Outlawed is kind of a cursed storyline at this point. Given that Kamala's book has ended, and I doubt that it'll be a major sticking point in Miles' book.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Perhaps they needed some extra time to rework the story and art so it can continue as an ongoing series instead of a mini?

The solicit for the last issue didn't really sound like a climax so I have no idea what's going on with this storyline anymore.

My guess it did get extended but who knows at this point, the whole line slowly got nuked.

There's was a lot of plans before the pandemic too.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I definitely feel like it was a mistake, because they DID put Champions in the solicits, just the wrong issue. Last month they also put the wrong Eternals issue in the solicits, so it happens. Power Pack missing is weird, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Perhaps they needed some extra time to rework the story and art so it can continue as an ongoing series instead of a mini?
    Bob Quinn already said he wrapped up his work on the book, so it doesn't seem like there is anything to be reworked on issue #5 for them to need to put it on hold. I think it would make more sense to take a break after issue 5, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly. As far as I can tell, the order is Outlawed #1, then Miles Morales: Spider-Man #17-21 (as Kamala is still in her coma - which obviously also means Bombshell and Starling haven't been captured yet), then Ms. Marvel #14 (because she wakes from her coma in that issue), then Champions #1. It seems Champions #2-4 will all lead into each other, so presumably the remainder of Kamala's solo series is set before Champions #2. Miles Morales #22 features Starling, but could be set before Champions #2 - that might be when CRADLE gets her.
    The other thing is, where does Outlaws sit in amongst the post-Empyre stories? Before the FF #24, before Thor#9, before XoS? I’m putting it just after Empyre and before those others I mentioned.

The History of the MU #5 had the continuity list as -

Avengers Age of Khonshu
    Empyre
    Outlaws
    King in Black
    Etc

When I read Champions #2, and that debate amongst the protesters in Chicago, (not to mention the Gestapo behaviour in the re-education school), it irked me that this Kamala Law was profiling. Even the pro-Law people were siding with the government to justify suppressing youth, (while the Gestapo head mistress wants all youths who protest in her school). Just the idea that popular opinion leads to suppression of youth voices has me against the idea of Kamala Law. It doesn’t really matter that chant used by the headmistress is logical, because it’s archaic, and 150 years out of date, because that sort of pupil propaganda went out in the 19th Century. I had education cringe when I read that.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-19-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    The other thing is, where does Outlaws sit in amongst the post-Empyre stories? Before the FF #24, before Thor#9, before XoS? I’m putting it just after Empyre and before those others I mentioned.

The History of the MU #5 had the continuity list as -

Avengers Age of Khonshu
    Empyre
    Outlaws
    King in Black
    Etc

When I read Champions #2, and that debate amongst the protesters in Chicago, (not to mention the Gestapo behaviour in the re-education school), it irked me that this Kamala Law was profiling. Even the pro-Law people were siding with the government to justify suppressing youth, (while the Gestapo head mistress wants all youths who protest in her school). Just the idea that popular opinion leads to suppression of youth voices has me against the idea of Kamala Law. It doesn’t really matter that chant used by the headmistress is logical, because it’s archaic, and 150 years out of date, because that sort of pupil propaganda went out in the 19th Century. I had education cringe when I read that.
    Agreed. I could somewhat understand and sympathize with the original stated intentions of Kamala's Law, but after being used to curtail freedom of expression and assembly among the youth of America, especially the reeducation camps indoctrinating their captives with horror stories positing teen heroes as threats to society, not so much now.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Toni Infante and Alanna Smith confirmed issue #4 is coming out in February, so it looks like they did skip a month, but it was January instead. Apparently there was a problem that led the book to not be published in January.

It's still odd that it was resolicited though. Usually they just announce a release date change separately.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Admittedly, they did kind of screw her over.

Extraordinary Member

Do you think the writer will remember that Starling’s aunt Valeria Toomes, is an agent of SHIELD.

The one from the Identity Disc mini series.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Do you think the writer will remember that Starling’s aunt Valeria Toomes, is an agent of SHIELD.

I'll need to re-read that Starling story from ASM #850 but the most I recall is that the Vulture was the only one supporting her anonymously so I'm not sure if this aunt is still canon or in the picture.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Ahem... used to be, you mean. SHIELD hasn't existed since Secret Empire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ahem... used to be, you mean. SHIELD hasn't existed since Secret Empire.
    Ack, you’re right.

With Dum Dum involved, I keep thinking SHIELD, not CRADLE.

Still, Starling’s Aunt Valeria is out there if they want to use her.