Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'd adapt that Bendis arc where Riri and Pepper team-up against Tomoe/Techno-Golem to give Pepper an excuse to become Rescue again (which I found kind of silly in Endgame, but it is what it is).

I feel like Ironheart should take the onus off of MCU Peter to be so tethered to Tony but so much of that ship has sailed.
    I'd like that a lot, actually. And Riri and Peter teaming up at some point in the future would be cool, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd like that a lot, actually. And Riri and Peter teaming up at some point in the future would be cool, too.
    I'm not sure how much the MCU will be allowed to use Holland from here on out.

I'm not sure how much the MCU will be allowed to use Holland from here on out.
    That's a good point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Riri's getting a live action Disney+ series! Dominique Thorne will be playing her.
    https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/st...99696343863296
    This is unexpected but great news.

Interesting that it seems like the MUC is laying a foundation for both the Champions and the Young Avengers

I think they'll be combined. Kamala and Riri would be on the YA alongside Kate (who has a Hawkeye show with Clint), America (who''ll be in Doctor Strange 2), Cassie (who's been recast again for Ant-Man 3), Wiccan, Speed (introduced in WandaVision), and maybe Hulkling (introduced in Secret Invasion?). Unfortunately several of the Champions are unadaptable - the Nova Corps don't have powers, so no Sam, they can't make a Hulk movie (he's finally having his and Abomination's plots resolved in the She-Hulk series) so Amadeus probably won't be coming any time soon, and Nadia's MCU counterpart is the adult Hope Van Dyne. And Miles has rights issues, they may even be losing Peter after Spider-Man 3.

Ant-Man 3's villain is Kang, but that doesn't mean they'll use Iron Lad. Riri would serve as a replacement.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-11-2020 at 12:59 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think they'll be combined. Kamala and Riri would be on the YA alongside Kate (who has a Hawkeye show with Clint), America (who''ll be in Doctor Strange 2), Cassie (who's been recast again for Ant-Man 3), Wiccan, Speed (introduced in WandaVision), and maybe Hulkling (introduced in Secret Invasion?). Unfortunately several of the Champions are unadaptable - the Nova Corps don't have powers, so no Sam, they can't make a Hulk movie (he's finally having his and Abomination's plots resolved in the She-Hulk series) so Amadeus probably won't be coming any time soon, and Nadia's MCU counterpart is the adult Hope Van Dyne. And Miles has rights issues, they may even be losing Peter after Spider-Man 3.

Ant-Man 3's villain is Kang, but that doesn't mean they'll use Iron Lad. Riri would serve as a replacement.
    Yeah, exactly. We’re not getting Iron Lad and Jonas Vision, because of other stuff going on with Kang and adult Vision

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I feel like Ironheart should take the onus off of MCU Peter to be so tethered to Tony but so much of that ship has sailed.
    Didn't you get the memo, Doctor Strange is supposed to be Pete's new mentor-figure. :P

On that note, that is my biggest struggle with seeing Miles in the MCU. For all the talk about "it's too soon" what sticks to me is I really can't buy Tom Holland's Pete as an experienced mentor. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Didn't you get the memo, Doctor Strange is supposed to be Pete's new mentor-figure. :P

On that note, that is my biggest struggle with seeing Miles in the MCU. For all the talk about "it's too soon" what sticks to me is I really can't buy Tom Holland's Pete as an experienced mentor. lol
    I mean, they could try to do what some adaptions have done and make Miles the same age as Peter, but that never really works out all that well for Miles and I don't see it benefiting Holland's Peter much either.

peter barely a mentor in the comics now to be honest. I havent seen 616 peter teach miles anything important really since Miles is on our earth
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter barely a mentor in the comics now to be honest. I havent seen 616 peter teach miles anything important really since Miles is on our earth
    How good pizza is in queens ?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I would like to see them do a storyline with Bable at some point. I know at the end of Bendis' tenure with the company he was trying to set up some storyline with Cable and looping Miles and Riri in to it. And then he left and Cable got killed by his younger self lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I would like to see them do a storyline with Bable at some point. I know at the end of Bendis' tenure with the company he was trying to set up some storyline with Cable and looping Miles and Riri in to it. And then he left and Cable got killed by his younger self lol
    Oh yeah, Bendis was trying to make like the new SHIELD with Leonardo Da Vinci and a bunch of young heroes...like a lot of stuff he just kind of threw in at the end, it didn't really go anywhere.

Yeah, that's an aborted arc, I think that's probably been scrubbed from canon. I think Bendis's decision to go to DC and Superman caught Marvel's top brass by surprise too, which is why Miles's solo book was inactive for half a year before Ahmed took over.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Would still be interesting for Miles and Riri to run into Kid/Teen Cable on Krakoa, though.