Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Yeah, Locust is Mexican. Isn't Falcon also Mexican? And Dust isn't American either, she'd be Afghanistani/Krakoan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Locust is Mexican. Isn't Falcon also Mexican? And Dust isn't American either, she'd be Afghanistani/Krakoan.
    I'm actually interested in seeing if Dust stays on with the champions given whats going on with Krakoa. Could make for an interesting story since Dust's own moral convictions don't exactly line up with the rest of the Mutants there.

She's on one of issue 1's variant covers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Eve Ewing's got her game face on .

I'm glad she's going to go for more moral ambiguity instead of a clear right or wrong position on the conflict, and that characters will all have different reactions to it and how they approach things. Kamala's ideas aren't instantly the "right" ones and she'll have to grapple with that.

Maybe we'll see less teen heroes going against one another or joining CRADLE and more deciding that they need to either retire or work with the system? It doesn't sound like it's going to get demonized like I would've thought.

The adult Superheroes sound like they're going to come off pretty badly if they're reaction is anything like Ms. Ewing says. I really don't want to look at the adult heroes as "dis-empowering" the younger generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    The lack of characters I actually care about in this preview is concerning, where's the flavor?

What? When that many characters are present? The characters we see there are over half the core team (Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova, Bombshell, Power Man, Ironheart, Wasp, Pinpoint, with Viv mentioned but not seen), one previously established Reinforcement Roster member (Moon Girl), and an apparently civilian ally (Ailana). The only regular Champions missing in those pages are Brawn, Snowguard, Patriot, Falcon, Locust and Dust.

What? When that many characters are present? The characters we see there are over half the core team (Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova, Bombshell, Power Man, Ironheart, Wasp, Pinpoint, with Viv mentioned but not seen), one previously established Reinforcement Roster member (Moon Girl), and an apparently civilian ally (Ailana). The only regular Champions missing in those pages are Brawn, Snowguard, Patriot, Falcon, Locust and Dust.
    See that's the thing I don't really care about the Champions! We were promised so many different young characters in Outlawed! Don't get me wrong I realize that the only real purpose of this issue is to set up the next run of Champions but when you have cover art with likes of Power Pack, The Runaways, New Warriors, and the Young Avengers all on one image! I expect you to deliver!! Hell I'm only buying this issue for Speed/Tommy ! Kamala Miles and Sam have been at the forefront of Marvel as the go to young heroes for years now I'm over them.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    See that's the thing I don't really care about the Champions! We were promised so many different young characters in Outlawed! Don't get me wrong I realize that the only real purpose of this issue is to set up the next run of Champions but when you have cover art with likes of Power Pack, The Runaways, New Warriors, and the Young Avengers all on one image! I expect you to deliver!! Hell I'm only buying this issue for Speed/Tommy ! Kamala Miles and Sam have been at the forefront of Marvel as the go to young heroes for years now I'm over them.
    I mean, it’s been clear for a while that Outlawed was going to be a Champions story. Eve Ewing herself said so when she announced the one-shot. Covers and promotional images can and often are deceiving, so I don’t think anyone should be getting their hopes up for someone appearing in a cover, specially if it’s a minor character like Speed. I’m not even sure he’ll appear in this at all, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, it’s been clear for a while that Outlawed was going to be a Champions story. Eve Ewing herself said so when she announced the one-shot. Covers and promotional images can and often are deceiving, so I don’t think anyone should be getting their hopes up for someone appearing in a cover, specially if it’s a minor character like Speed. I’m not even sure he’ll appear in this at all, tbh.
    See and I understand that completely trust me I do, but the cover art is what got a lot of people hype for this issue, the Champions are fun and all but I got to be truthful I probably wouldn't have added this to my pull list if I hadn't saw YA, Runaways, Power Pack and What not. Now I'm completely prepared to be disappointed as I said before because I know the focus and purpose of this issue is to set up the Champions, but I still have my fingers crossed for some Speed, Molly, Doreen ect goodness along the way even if it is just scraps.

Well, it seems to start out with Zub's team intact, but surely it won't stay that way? There could end up being a few people swapped out, if some of the kids decide to lie low and others ask to join or go full time having been on the Reinforcement Roster.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean, not for nothing, but the cover art you're referring to is a variant with the main cover having Miles Kamala and Sam sooooooo. Probably gonna need more than a couple pages for it to deliver on want you want. Or just read runaways, or wait for power pack or new warriors etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    So some of the Champions are at a youth group meeting when the trouble starts? Is that Lunella or that girl from the relaunch preview?

I guess Kamala's mistake was going for the "unexpected route."

Former Champions writer Jim Zub is giving away the first TPB of both Skullkickers and Wayward for free as PDF downloads. Wayward was drawn by Steven Cummings, who Zub later brought in as the Champions artist. It's meant to be to help pass the time if you're forced to self-isolate due to the Coronavirus pandemic, though of course, Zub will be hoping people will like them and buy the later volumes.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/34846589