Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    .....Not just yet with a TV show. We're still getting a handle of the characters in the comics. We establish that first, then we can do a show.
    That's a good point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I read issue 4 and thought it was fun. Nguyen is a fun Lex Luthor style threat. Wave is in an interesting spot as a character and I'm curious what she does next.

I'd be interested in seeing what a potential Agent of Atlas tv show would be like. They don't have a ton of content to adapt so I could see them coming up with new adventures.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-04-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Mighty Member

Nguyen is such a hateable villain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Dude's slick. And I couldn't just how much of a character he was until this issue. Really liked his being a business man in this issue, talking over with Namor. It seemed that it went the entire issue, but that wasn't bad. Really enjoyable.

Rest of the story went well. The complaint with the title is that not every character gets to shine and with new and old Agents, this was certainly the case. Some Agents didn't even show up this issue! But regardless of that, it felt cool to see everyone there anyway. Nice surprises with Wave and Amadeus.

Looking forward to how it all ends.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I really wanted Wave to do a bit more on-panel if the cover was to go by, honestly.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    In a very good way, mind. I'd say he's doing his job as the type of villain he's meant to be. Doing it superbly, at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I really wanted Wave to do a bit more on-panel if the cover was to go by, honestly.
    It was misleading a bit. But relatively speaking, I think she had more stand out moments. Taking down the dragon comes to mind.
    "I am a man of peace."

Ultimate Member

It was misleading a bit. But relatively speaking, I think she had more stand out moments. Taking down the dragon comes to mind.
    It seemed a bit fast, to me. And I thought she was primarily a water-manipulator, and now she's punching out city-destroying dragons like she's got Namor-level strength? I guess it just came out of nowhere for me and felt unearned.

"Fortunately I've got Hulk-class strength I never felt the need to use before now! Didn't I mention I could fly? Of course I'm a telepath! Okay, you got me, I'm secretly the Martian Manhunter, and I have more powers than any writer can reasonably be expected to remember..." :}

Maybe she's stronger underwater, like Namor and Aquaman are?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Issue #5 preview with a mention as a King In Black Tie-In, out Wednesday.

https://www.cbr.com/atlantis-attacks-5/

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Great preview! Wow, it felt good to see someone stand up to Mike Nyguen's bullshit! Can't outslick his way out of that! Looking forward to see where this goes!
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member

Great preview! Wow, it felt good to see someone stand up to Mike Nyguen's bullshit! Can't outslick his way out of that! Looking forward to see where this goes!
    I do appreciate how they have the Pan citizens/travelers call out Mike's BS themselves, showing that his self-indulgent actions are effecting them negatively and that they do not, in fact, appreciate that.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I do appreciate how they have the Pan citizens/travelers call out Mike's BS themselves, showing that his self-indulgent actions are effecting them negatively and that they do not, in fact, appreciate that.
    Concurring with you both on that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Just finished reading the last issue of Atlantis Attacks, no cliffhangers which it good but as for Namor the King in Black tie-in awaits. Shame that few AoA members like Luna Snow and Crescent didn't get much appearances on the last issue.
    Once this crappy 2020 be over, It maybe time for another AoA Appreciation thread for 2021. I noticed Marvel got plans for Aero and Sword Master in Black Knight's series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    Just finished reading the last issue of Atlantis Attacks, no cliffhangers which it good but as for Namor the King in Black tie-in awaits. Shame that few AoA members like Luna Snow and Crescent didn't get much appearances on the last issue.
    Once this crappy 2020 be over, It maybe time for another AoA Appreciation thread for 2021. I noticed Marvel got plans for Aero and Sword Master in Black Knight's series.
    I'll reread the issue again, but there were a lot of things happening in this issue. Hulk attacks, resolutions between underwater species, saving the city of Pan, the death of a character, the departure of another, wow, there were tons of things that happened. It goes to show how good of a writer Pak is because he pulled off the story well. Things were settled while other other things were set up.

Now, there were some missteps. With a cast this huge, you know not everyone would get a shout out. The majority of the Agents, both new and old, basically had no focus. Maybe there was a quip or a line or a moment of action. Aside from that though, there was nothing else. But it still felt as though all of these characters played a role, y'know?

2020 was definitely a shaky year for the Agents. But I've said it before, this group is like the little engine that could. They keep beating back the odds. And with everything surrounding Covid and its backlash of racism against Asians, I feel that the Agents of Atlas are needed more than ever before.

Here's hoping we get to see more of them in the future!
    "I am a man of peace."