Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Russia
    Winter Guard
    Soviet Super-Soldiers (defunct)
    Those two are one and the same - they were rebranded due to the collapse of the USSR.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Those two are one and the same - they were rebranded due to the collapse of the USSR.
    Correct but they started out 2 different teams. Winter Guard started out as a merger of the Soviet Super-Soldiers and the People's Potectorate/Supreme Soviets with a little dash of Exiles/Siberforce thrown in. Later a new People's Protectorate split from the Winter Guard with a few new members added.

Interesting discussion everyone. Moving forward, the Marvel Universe should have more international teams (heck, even more regional teams in the U.S. NYC will always be near and dear to me, but it's be cool to have a teams in Los Angeles, Chicago, or Houston). I'd like there to be more collaboration between these teams and the Avengers. As much as it would be cool to see the Union, MI-13, or Euroforce take down Morgan La Fey's evil forces from taking over all of Europe, it would be cool if the Avengers popped in once and a while.

And bringing it all back, I'd like to see where the Agents of Atlas fit in with all of these groups. Yeah, they're all Asian or Asian-American, but clearly not tied to any nation. How would the Ascendant feel having Chinese nationals working outside of its borders (or outside of its political interests)? How does Korea feel having one of its top spies working alongside Filipinos or Chinese? How do all of these countries (or teams like the Avengers or X-Men) feel having a team led by Jimmy Woo?

I like team-up's and mutual respect amongst every team. But there's got to be some mistrust. That's an angle I'd like to see, the Agents's backs against the wall as all of these factions and teams are out to get them.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Interesting discussion everyone. Moving forward, the Marvel Universe should have more international teams (heck, even more regional teams in the U.S. NYC will always be near and dear to me, but it's be cool to have a teams in Los Angeles, Chicago, or Houston). I'd like there to be more collaboration between these teams and the Avengers. As much as it would be cool to see the Union, MI-13, or Euroforce take down Morgan La Fey's evil forces from taking over all of Europe, it would be cool if the Avengers popped in once and a while.

And bringing it all back, I'd like to see where the Agents of Atlas fit in with all of these groups. Yeah, they're all Asian or Asian-American, but clearly not tied to any nation. How would the Ascendant feel having Chinese nationals working outside of its borders (or outside of its political interests)? How does Korea feel having one of its top spies working alongside Filipinos or Chinese? How do all of these countries (or teams like the Avengers or X-Men) feel having a team led by Jimmy Woo?

I like team-up's and mutual respect amongst every team. But there's got to be some mistrust. That's an angle I'd like to see, the Agents's backs against the wall as all of these factions and teams are out to get them.
    Those would be intriguing storylines to follow Atlantis Attacks with when the Agents of Atlas get another miniseries (or an ongoing, hopefully; dare to dream, after all).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

can we see AoA characters like "Wave" join teams like Champions. even temporarily like just 1&2 issues?

Astonishing Member

It would be interesting to see the non-main/NYC teams do a team while the Avengers/F4/X-Men are having their annual measuring contest

Quote Originally Posted by Yin&Yang View Post
    can we see AoA characters like "Wave" join teams like Champions. even temporarily like just 1&2 issues?
    Such guest appearances would make sense, considering Amadeus is on both teams.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I was a big fan of Parker's AoA run, but I haven't really tried any of the minis released after him. Can anyone give me a short introduction to what has happened since then? Looking at the solicits of various minis and current stuff it looks like Pak is pushing his pet character as the new leader? Is old team completely sidelined or are they still showing up somewhere?

The old Agents of Atlas did show up in the new team's second mini. Both work together in Atlantis Attacks.