Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Where is Nia Noble throughout all of this??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. Atlantis Attacks #4 and #5 will be released this November:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/atla...updated-again/
    That's great, I was worried the mini wouldn't get finished.

We might not see the AoA again for a while though, I don't know if they'll publish another miniseries any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Where is Nia Noble throughout all of this??
    Couldn't you ask the same thing about her husband, golden age immortal hero The Fin?

Looking forward to it. A lot of things seem to be set up here. Additionally, we talked about it before, but I'm still hoping to see the Agents tackle the topics of Covid 19 and BLM. The Asian and Asian-American communities have (and continue to have) key roles in these events. I was hesitant before about exploring them, but now I'd like to see what they would have to say.
    Covid won't play a part in active storylines, it'll only be referenced historically in the comics... however, they did do a prose story on marvel.com showing Ms. Marvel in lockdown (written by G Willow Wilson, her book's first writer).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-19-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There's always a potential sequel....

Tackling Covid/BLM feels better handled in its own specific story than trying to sneak it in Atlantis Attacks to me.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-19-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's great, I was worried the mini wouldn't get finished.

We might not see the AoA again for a while though, I don't know if they'll publish another miniseries any time soon
    Me too, bro. As for any other miniseries, yeah, that's definitely on the back burner. Still, I feel the Agents are different from the other recently cancelled titles and teams, that they had a bit more of an impact and resonance. Of course, I wholly admit that I have an Agents bias. Yes, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Covid won't play a part in active storylines, it'll only be referenced historically in the comics... however, they did do a prose story on marvel.com showing Ms. Marvel in lockdown (written by G Willow Wilson, her book's first writer).
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's always a potential sequel....

Tackling Covid/BLM feels better handled in its own specific story than trying to sneak it in Atlantis Attacks to me.
    No doubt about bro. These topics can't be shoehorned into Atlantis Attacks. Indeed, I wonder what the Agents will look like after Atlantis Attacks. But again, there are elements within the Agents that would work well with Covid/BLM. How does the city of Pan react? How do we deal with those prejudices against those with darker skin? How about the racist attitudes that some Asians have against Blacks? I guarantee you Pak has thought about it.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Damn that looks awesome.
    Wave.jpg

Wave definitely has potential to be the powerhouse of AoA.
    Gains Neptune's Trident bring her to Olympian levels of power.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

Me too, bro. As for any other miniseries, yeah, that's definitely on the back burner. Still, I feel the Agents are different from the other recently cancelled titles and teams, that they had a bit more of an impact and resonance. Of course, I wholly admit that I have an Agents bias. Yes, we'll see.

No doubt about bro. These topics can't be shoehorned into Atlantis Attacks. Indeed, I wonder what the Agents will look like after Atlantis Attacks. But again, there are elements within the Agents that would work well with Covid/BLM. How does the city of Pan react? How do we deal with those prejudices against those with darker skin? How about the racist attitudes that some Asians have against Blacks? I guarantee you Pak has thought about it.
    I thought Isaac looked mixed race. Maybe he would be the vehicle to explore that? His expierence as a mixed race person could be why he joined Nyugen in protecting Pan in the first place.

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to it. A lot of things seem to be set up here. Additionally, we talked about it before, but I'm still hoping to see the Agents tackle the topics of Covid 19 and BLM. The Asian and Asian-American communities have (and continue to have) key roles in these events. I was hesitant before about exploring them, but now I'd like to see what they would have to say.
    It feels like it's been forever since this series was " put on hold", so to speak. I missed having it around at Marvel, as it had become one of my fave things that was still ongoing there for awhile.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Isaac looked mixed race. Maybe he would be the vehicle to explore that? His expierence as a mixed race person could be why he joined Nyugen in protecting Pan in the first place.
    I'd always be up for Issac focus.

Hey all. Just some random thoughts. Just watched this sick preview for Wukong, a new video game being developed by a Chinese story based on Journey to the West. If you've not done so already, check it out!

Totally geeked out while watching this. Cried a little towards the end when the theme song to the old Chinese series played. I bring this up because I think it's time for Marvel to do a proper Monkey King story. Yeah, he was introduced previously, but it just didn't feel right. Moreover, in the Agents of Atlas: War of Realms miniseries, we saw how the human wielder of Sun Wukong's staff died. What happened to that staff and what happened to Sun Wukong would be an excellent storyline. I say this would be the chance for Marvel to really bring in the Monkey King and all of the characters and mythology in the Marvel Universe. Honestly, Journey to the West lays out a really good, solid backbone of Chinese mythology that's easy to understand. I think it would be cool to see the Jade Emperor, the Queen Mother of the West, or any of the the other figures meet with B'ast, Hercules, Khonshu, or Thor. (Could you imagine Thor going head to head against the Jade Emperor or Lord Guan?)

And all of this should be spearheaded within an Agents of Atlas book. I could see some tension between Wukong and White Fox before in the miniseries and it just works. Wukong has killed how many demons, spirits, and monsters? White Fox is just another one of those, y'know? And I guarantee you Shang's father probably offended the Jade Emperor and Heaven once or twice.

If Agents of Atlas ever comes back, Sun Wukong has to be part of it!
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Hey all. Just some random thoughts. Just watched this sick preview for Wukong, a new video game being developed by a Chinese story based on Journey to the West. If you've not done so already, check it out!

Totally geeked out while watching this. Cried a little towards the end when the theme song to the old Chinese series played. I bring this up because I think it's time for Marvel to do a proper Monkey King story. Yeah, he was introduced previously, but it just didn't feel right. Moreover, in the Agents of Atlas: War of Realms miniseries, we saw how the human wielder of Sun Wukong's staff died. What happened to that staff and what happened to Sun Wukong would be an excellent storyline. I say this would be the chance for Marvel to really bring in the Monkey King and all of the characters and mythology in the Marvel Universe. Honestly, Journey to the West lays out a really good, solid backbone of Chinese mythology that's easy to understand. I think it would be cool to see the Jade Emperor, the Queen Mother of the West, or any of the the other figures meet with B'ast, Hercules, Khonshu, or Thor. (Could you imagine Thor going head to head against the Jade Emperor or Lord Guan?)

And all of this should be spearheaded within an Agents of Atlas book. I could see some tension between Wukong and White Fox before in the miniseries and it just works. Wukong has killed how many demons, spirits, and monsters? White Fox is just another one of those, y'know? And I guarantee you Shang's father probably offended the Jade Emperor and Heaven once or twice.

If Agents of Atlas ever comes back, Sun Wukong has to be part of it!
    We do need more Chinese Mythology in the West. The Japanese seem to have a monopoly on East Asian mythology ever since they exported their culture through their media.

It's worth noting that the Eight Immortals also exist as they appeared in the X-Men comics, they haven't made an appearance in about 15 years or so.

Hey all. Wondering if anybody else read Aero #11? It came out about a week ago, but I was only able to read it this week. It seemed like a light read. Ling is a little frizzled as she meets Tony Stark and juggle her responsibilities as a hero. There were some other things happening with Madame Huang, but those matters delved into plot points from previous issues, which, it’s been a while since I’ve read. Still, the book looks cool. Art style is always great.

Definitely will give a second look.
    "I am a man of peace."

Ending of Atlantis Attacks has been changed - it's now a King in Black tie-in. Accordingly, the originally solicited cover has been replaced.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/surp...tis-attacks-5/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nothing says team-up like an event title .

I wonder if this means a new Agents of Atlas #1 in January?