Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think it was Namora, Gorilla Man, Jimmy and Venus going to defend Atlantis

Wave and the Sirenas going to attack it. Isaac and the Pan Protectors were going to attack as well, but first they slowed down Namora's group and got held up by Namor

The rest of the New Agents of Atlas are defending Pan. Bob Grayson, 3D-Man and M-11 are helping Pan with the portal problem but could easily leave to help Jimmy at any minute.
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

As an aside, I checked the solicits for Agents of Atlas and well................................didn't see a solicit. Now, there were solicitations for Aero, Sword Master, and Shang-Chi (more on him later). Saw White Fox and Aero will be showing up in some other titles. But no Agents of Atlas title proper. .

If that's the case, well, it was fun ride while it lasted. A lot of characters' profiles were elevated and Asians and Asian-Americans got the spotlight for once. Still wanted to see that Sunfire crossover though.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

SHANG-CHI #1 (OF 5)
    GENE LUEN YANG (W) • DIKE RUAN WITH PHILIP TAN (A)
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    Design variant by Jim Cheung
    VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    HIDDEN GEM VARIANT COVER BY RUDY NEBRES
    SNEAKER VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE MASTER RETURNS!
    An ancient and evil secret society has stayed in hiding since the death of their leader, Zheng Zhu. But now his successor has been chosen to shift the balance of power in the world…Zheng Zhu's son, Shang-Chi! Witness the Marvel Universe's greatest fighter return to a world of death and destruction he thought he left behind long ago…and discover the secrets to Shang-Chi's past that will change his world forever.
    Don't miss out on this epic tale of family, betrayal and justice as the incredible team of Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese), Dike Ruan (SPIDER-VERSE, BLACK CAT) and Philip Tan (UNCANNY X-MEN) launch a new chapter in the legend of Shang-Chi!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Posted this in the Shang-Chi thread but I'll repost here:

A couple of thoughts:

- Alright, getting to see more of the costume. Okay, it could work. Still, I'm iffy on the dragon scales. And though I'm glad Shang isn't bare footed, the pants could have been a bit longer. The boots are a nice look though.

- Reading the solicit, I'm smiling. Because I've been touting a storyline where Shang-Chi reluctantly has to take over his father's empire for years! Posted it several times on these boards AND mentioned it in passing to a Marvel editor a couple of years ago when taking a bus at the Port Authority. Lo and behold, here we are! Marvel, thank you for listening.

Looking forward to that advancing and rising of the spirit this June everyone!
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

As an aside, I checked the solicits for Agents of Atlas and well................................didn't see a solicit. Now, there were solicitations for Aero, Sword Master, and Shang-Chi (more on him later). Saw White Fox and Aero will be showing up in some other titles. But no Agents of Atlas title proper. .

If that's the case, well, it was fun ride while it lasted. A lot of characters' profiles were elevated and Asians and Asian-Americans got the spotlight for once. Still wanted to see that Sunfire crossover though.
    There was the Atlantis Attacks trade too. Maybe it's just a skip month before their next storyline?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Just bought the first mini, and if I like it, I’ll look into getting the others, as well as some of the ongoings. Shang Chi’s mini is most definitely on my NEED TO BUY list this summer. I really hope his mini does well, and we either get a new ongoing, or a continuous series of minis once or twice a year.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was the Atlantis Attacks trade too. Maybe it's just a skip month before their next storyline?
    Here's hoping we still see an Agents of Atlas something down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Just bought the first mini, and if I like it, I’ll look into getting the others, as well as some of the ongoings. Shang Chi’s mini is most definitely on my NEED TO BUY list this summer. I really hope his mini does well, and we either get a new ongoing, or a continuous series of minis once or twice a year.
    Here's hoping for an ongoing. Shang-Chi as the new leader of his father's vast empire...y'know there's a ton of potential there. The emperor's son takes his place on the throne.....damn, that's something I'd like to read!
    "I am a man of peace."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    - Alright, getting to see more of the costume. Okay, it could work. Still, I'm iffy on the dragon scales. And though I'm glad Shang isn't bare footed, the pants could have been a bit longer. The boots are a nice look though.
    I'm just happy he's out of the tracksuit. That thing was so ugly...

Truth be told, I got to brush up on my Silk history. Enjoy everyone!

"I am a man of peace."

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Good to know, but at this moment I'm not for sure if there's ever gonna be a new Silk series in July while this coronavirus keeps going on. Heck, Sword Master issue 10 is next week but it ain't gonna happen by print unless it's a digital release I hope. Yes, this virus does suck but all we can do now is hang on, hope, pray, social distancing, survive and fight through 2020. At the meantime while in quarantine, why re-read Silk and Agents of Atlas books or maybe make fan arts? I hope there's good news around soon.

Yeah, unless they go digital first I wouldn't expect Silk to launch until September now.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, unless they go digital first I wouldn't expect Silk to launch until September now.
    I suspect a later launch date for the Shang-Chi series as well .

Just have to wait and see.
    "I am a man of peace."

Interview about the Taskmaster mini - which involves White Fox!
    https://www.newsarama.com/49638-task...-its-core.html

Sounds like she’s actually gonna play quite a large role too.

Been rereading some of the Future Fight issues, especially the one featuring Crescent and Io.

Rereading this again, man, I suddenly realized how much Crescent has gone through. Especially in this page:

That one question, "Did I do something wrong?" That's what a lot of kids who's parents go through divorce or marital issues ask. All of this is my fault. It's me. Spoiler alert, in the rest of the issue, Crescent's father disappears as well. Now, there's a ten-year old kid who doesn't have her parents. I feel there could have been more description of the impact of that. I think that's what's we all wanted to see with the Agents, them displaying real emotion and real heartbreak. It was there, but it could have been more. In the future (whenever that might be) I'd like to see more.

At the same time, the issue really emphasizes how the Agents can be family. Crescent doesn't have parents right now, but she has Luna, Shang, Amadeus, and the rest, all of whom genuinely care for her.

Still rooting for you Agents, whenever you come back.
    "I am a man of peace."

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

While DC comics and few indies starts to be released slowly, Atlantis Attacks, Aero and Sword Master should be returning in release around July is what I heard. The rest of the Marvel comics starts around late May.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy's Addiction View Post
    While DC comics and few indies starts to be released slowly, Atlantis Attacks, Aero and Sword Master should be returning in release around July is what I heard. The rest of the Marvel comics starts around late May.
    Understood bro, thanks. It'll be a wait before we see those series come back and quite honestly after they're done, there will probably won't be an Agents of Atlas anything for a while. The Agents were on the bubble for a while to begin with and now with comics recovering, people would want to read the bread and butter stuff, not a side title like Agents of Atlas. Me, still hoping there's life with these guys.

Surprisingly, I think it's been about a year since the Agents first premeired in their War of the Realms miniseries. Still great stuff!
    "I am a man of peace."