Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Some thoughts:

Quote Originally Posted by batsheva View Post
    the cover for the 2nd print:

Attachment 92734

Yeay!
    Nice. This was a cool splash page. I think the Agents have been very lucky to have some really great artists to work on the titles. Regardless of who it is, the artist always brings something clean and dynamic to the title. At the same time, the page reminds me a lot of what Namor said, that a lot of these characters are new and untested. They've the power and skills, but there's still that underdog quality about them. I like that

- Bleeding cool has a preview of Sword Master #8. Finally, after all of these issues, he's finally doing...uh....something..... In any case, check it out!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ter-8-preview/

- Finally, just wanted to share an intriguing idea. As some of you know, the coronavirus has occurred in China. Deaths have occurred in China and cases are starting to appear around the world. Talked with friend in both Mainland China and Hong Kong recently, as well as seen news reports, and definitely people are scared and worried. Hong Kong has been trying to close it's borders with Mainland to prevent any more cases. (This plus all of the protests that occurred over the past several months in Hong Kong have definitely made me sad for my second home).

Reason I bring it up is because it relates very well to the interdimensional city of Pan. A city composed of slices from different Asian cities and communities the world over which can be accessed instantly, this is exactly what people are afraid of now. While travel is something that people love in Asia, a virus spreading from country to country is probably one of the biggest fears.

If Agents of Atlas is still around and the coronavirus is resolved, it may be something to explore in a future storyline. In any case, just a thought.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Hey all. Just some thoughts:

- Read Sword Master #8. Lin Lie finally used his sword to do stuff! YAY!!!!! But oh god, it took eight F%^(ING issues! It was just a moment of sword slashing to begin with anyway, nothing really substantial. Other than that, it was more of the same as previous issues. A lot of wondering if Lin Lie could be the chosen one and such. I'm torn between keeping or dropping the title unless the action picks up soon :/ . Honestly, this whole arc could have been done in two issues rather than eight.

- Awesome pic of Wave from Leinil Yu's Twitter feed!:

"I am a man of peace."

Aero's in another book:
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Aero on a team with Storm is an interesting choice, as it should challenge the writer to find ways to showcase how different their powers are (Aero being more specialized in tricks like 'finding people with my winds', for instance, and Storm having abilities over temperature, humidity, etc., as well as being able to chuck lightning).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Aero and Storm might not necessarily meet though. I read the description of the book and it says that the heroes all have moments that tie in to a bigger plot but that they might not interact with everyone else.

That said, the one I'd like Aero to meet is the Inhuman Xiaoyi Chen aka Iso, who can control the pressure of objects around her, including air.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Aero uses Air like a tool unlike other elementals who generally use them like their properties.

Hopefully they kept her Air clones. since they gutted issue 7 of a lot of its pages

Preview for Aero #8 is up

The way they've cut up the previous issues has made the flow and chronology really confusing, but I do like that we're finally getting answers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Preview for Aero #8 is up

The way they've cut up the previous issues has made the flow and chronology really confusing, but I do like that we're finally getting answers
    Wow, this is the closest it's been to the original... ever.

Probably because the book has a new translator now. It's Amy Chu instead of Greg Pak.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In terms of Aero appearing in the newest Marvel event, that's fantastic! After her initial appearance in the War of the Realms just a little less than a year ago, she's a part of a huge Marvel event. That's cool . Don't know if she'll be part of team, but having her make an appearance would be great enough. As for crossovers, hell yeah, it would be cool if she met Storm or Iso. I'm rooting for the former, though. Aero seems to have a great control of her powers. How much better could she become if she was under the guidance of Storm? Yeah yeah, Storm's powers are based in her x-gene and Aero's is...well, we're still figuring that out...BUT STILL, great nonetheless for the two to crossover.

In terms of Aero becoming more a part of the greater Marvel Universe, I'm thinking she could cross paths with Mr. Negative:

Last I heard, he was still in Shanghai. Personally, would like to see how a crime boss like Mr. Negative handles an elemental like Aero.

As for the preview for Aero #8, again looks great. I'm digging the whole fantastic beasts angle. A beast as big as a city, that reminds me a lot of what happened a couple of years ago with Madripoor:
    "I am a man of peace."

I think it'd be funny if Storm met the current Aero, and made a reference to the fact that not only was there someone else with that name previously, it was someone Storm was close to (Melody Guthrie had been one of Storm's group in the Academy X era, but lost her powers in the Decimation, thus leaving the codename Aero unused until the current one debuted).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think it'd be funny if Storm met the current Aero, and made a reference to the fact that not only was there someone else with that name previously, it was someone Storm was close to (Melody Guthrie had been one of Storm's group in the Academy X era, but lost her powers in the Decimation, thus leaving the codename Aero unused until the current one debuted).
    Might just get your chance. Looks like Aero WILL be joining a group with Storm and Captain America:

Aero's moving up in the world!
    "I am a man of peace."

This means her future is secure when Atlantis Attacks ends. She'll still have both her solo and a team book. I do hope that doesn't mean Atlas is over though.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-10-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Mighty Member

The latest Aero is the most accurate it's ever been. Holy hell is it a step up in terms of tone and accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This means her future is secure when Atlantis Attacks ends. She'll still have both her solo and a team book. I do hope that doesn't mean Atlas is over though.
    It's more of an anthology then a team book, but she does look like she'll be prominently featured in it.