Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Liked today's Aero #8. It was a lot of talk, but had nice dialogue. Aero seems to be a better manipulator of air than Madame Huang thought. The whole missing out with the boyfriend reminded me of Peter Parker missing out with MJ. Again, there's that splash of the Marvel Universe in Aero. Digging it a lot!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Liked today's Aero #8. It was a lot of talk, but had nice dialogue. Aero seems to be a better manipulator of air than Madame Huang thought. The whole missing out with the boyfriend reminded me of Peter Parker missing out with MJ. Again, there's that splash of the Marvel Universe in Aero. Digging it a lot!
    Huang isn't exactly an air manipulator, but that bit was lost in Greg pak's translations.

To be fair, I’d be more surprised if this wasn’t an option for Disney+. I just hope they find actual actors that understand the cultures behind these roles.

https://mcuexchange.com/marvel-studi...s-development/

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    To be fair, I’d be more surprised if this wasn’t an option for Disney+. I just hope they find actual actors that understand the cultures behind these roles.

https://mcuexchange.com/marvel-studi...s-development/
    Heard about a potential Agents of Atlas something, whether that is a movie or show. I'm still cautiously optimistic. Let's see how a Shang-Chi movie works. And perhaps we can also see how Jimmy's character can change as well. Movie Jimmy Woo is nowhere near the level of a badass as he is in the comics.
    "I am a man of peace."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Heard about a potential Agents of Atlas something, whether that is a movie or show. I'm still cautiously optimistic. Let's see how a Shang-Chi movie works. And perhaps we can also see how Jimmy's character can change as well. Movie Jimmy Woo is nowhere near the level of a badass as he is in the comics.
    I guess if they really want to re-invent him quickly, they could claim he was a sleeper agent put in place by Fury back in the day, and most of his training was hidden under a layer of conditioning, so that he just appears kind of inept, until Fury calls him up and says 'Mindcrime' or something and he turns into a badass. (And thus, they could keep using the same actor, just 'suddenly, badass!')

Or there can be another Agent Jimmy Woo, who is undercover, and this dude, his barely trained cousin who is a halfway decent actor, has been holding down a desk job at an office where he normally doesn't work (so the switcheroo won't be immediately noticed by co-workers) so that nobody suspects the real Woo's off being secret agent man. (New actor required!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I guess if they really want to re-invent him quickly, they could claim he was a sleeper agent put in place by Fury back in the day, and most of his training was hidden under a layer of conditioning, so that he just appears kind of inept, until Fury calls him up and says 'Mindcrime' or something and he turns into a badass. (And thus, they could keep using the same actor, just 'suddenly, badass!')

Or there can be another Agent Jimmy Woo, who is undercover, and this dude, his barely trained cousin who is a halfway decent actor, has been holding down a desk job at an office where he normally doesn't work (so the switcheroo won't be immediately noticed by co-workers) so that nobody suspects the real Woo's off being secret agent man. (New actor required!)
    I think I could go with the sleeper agent, but a new actor could probably facilitate a more action-heavy Jimmy.

Hey all. Just wanted to offer my thoughts on Atlantis Attacks #2. In short, this was a damn good issue . The storytelling was really on point here which is quite remarkable. There were a lot of characters, plots, and subplots and bits of continuity and backstory. The whole story could have easily been a huge, complicated mess. But no, Pak manages to juggle everything so well. Characters get their time to shine while the story progresses with a big twist towards the end. Anyway, here are more specific thoughts on the issue:

spoilers:

- The whole scene where the old and new agents meet was just a pleasure to read. Jimmy Woo orders all of the agents around while irking Amadeus and challenging his role as the team's leader. Furthermore, we get shout out's to past stories. Cho and Namora have a moment (man, has it been that long since World War Hulk and Amadeus' puppy?) Also, loved the connections between both teams. You wouldn't think Gorilla Man and White Fox were similar but hey...man who is a gorilla talking with lady who's a fox...IT JUST WORKS !

- Wonderful characterization here. Amadeus is shaping up to be a good leader with Silk as his second in command. Jimmy keeps his secrets? Well, Cho can do the same when he secretly orders the new agents to spy on the old ones. Heard a lot of people talk about how they enjoyed Namor's characterization here and I agree. Beginning of the issue starts off with him weighing his options. He wants a peaceful solution though he's ready for war.

- A lot of great themes here, with trust at the top of the list. It's revisited quite often too. I liked how Marvel Boy acknowledges that Jimmy is probably up to something, but still trusts him anyway because his heart is in the right place. I like how Namor attacks Pan because of someone betraying him.

- There was a lot of continuity in this issue. It could have been confusing to keep track, but luckily the guy who established that history in the first place is writing the issue! Again, great to see Cho and Namora interact. Loved how there were shout-outs to the previous back-up's in the Sword Master and Aero titles. Especially find it cool how Wave is getting some focus. Atlantis accepts her, unknowing that the Sirenas are her allies. Excellent!
    end of spoilers

All in all, this was an excellent issue. A lot of things come together here and just work so well! Really excited where the story goes next!
    "I am a man of peace."

Uranian. He USED to be Marvel Boy, but that name belongs to Noh-Varr now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

ATLANTIS ATTACKS #5 (OF 5)
    GREG PAK (W) • ARIO ANINDITO (A)
    COVER BY ARIO ANINDITO
    Variant by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    TRAGEDY AND TRIUMPH!
    As the clash between the ATLANTEANS, the SIRENAS and the interdimensional PAN reaches its terrible climax, an empire will triumph and an empire will fall!
    But you might be shocked to find out which of our heroes and villains ends up where! Will AMADEUS step up to JIMMY WOO’S challenge and lead both AGENTS OF ATLAS teams toward power and glory in this new world? Or will the dream of communities united in the PORTAL CITY OF PAN all come crashing down?
    Who will wear the crown? Whose word and heart will break? The fate of Atlas and the world hangs in the balance!
    32 PGS./Rated T+…$3.99

AERO #11
    ZHOU LIEFEN & AMY CHU (W)
    KENG (A/C)
    THE TEAM-UP YOU’VE BEEN WAITING FOR: AERO AND IRON MAN!
    AERO’S powers are put to the test! Can the legendary IRON MAN teach Aero the meaning of teamwork?
    Will they save SHANGHAI, or are they just falling into MADAME HUANG’S trap?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SWORD MASTER #11
    SHUIZHU & AMY CHU (W)
    GUNJI (A/C)
    WILL DESTINY LEAD
    TO DESTRUCTION?!
    SWORD MASTER LIN LIE meets the powerful chief of the Nü-Wa Clan...JI SHUANGSHUANG’S grandmother!
    And Granny reveals the TRUTH about CHIYOU’S TOMB and Lin Lie’s bloodline.
    Will Lin Lie be strong enough to defeat a vengeful GOD OF WAR?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Silk has a new solo book launching in July. https://www.newsarama.com/49237-silk...c2e2-2020.html

Uranian. He USED to be Marvel Boy, but that name belongs to Noh-Varr now.
    Thanks for correction bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Silk has a new solo book launching in July. https://www.newsarama.com/49237-silk...c2e2-2020.html
    Thanks for the info! Glad to see the agents getting more of the spotlight. After reading her appearances in the Agents book, think I might check this out.
    "I am a man of peace."

Amazing Member Cindy's Addiction's Avatar

Yussss!!! Thanks for the info, it's about time Silk gets another shot of her new series!

I'm glad Silk is getting another solo. Hopefully there's some carryover from Agents of Atlas ie Silk and the girls hang out more often.

Picked up Sword Master #9 a couple of days ago. Again, the story goes slowly. Not a lot of sword slashing action, but the pieces are coming together. Lin continues to learn how to master the sword and we meet some new characters. I'm digging the character of Cheng. He's kind of rogue-ish and slick and fills in that particular niche in Lie's group. The interaction he had with Shuangshuang was funny. The reveal of spoilers:
    Lin's brother
    end of spoilers was surprising, though a little cliche.

Alright, there's still enough in this series to pique my interest. We'll see how it goes.
    "I am a man of peace."

Because of my travel I missed some stuff and only now have the first 2 issues of AA. Pak's Namor, the original AoA, and boosted stakes have made me enjoy this series more than the last two. Excited to see where it goes and glad a lot of the setup is paying off well.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate