Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Because of my travel I missed some stuff and only now have the first 2 issues of AA. Pak's Namor, the original AoA, and boosted stakes have made me enjoy this series more than the last two. Excited to see where it goes and glad a lot of the setup is paying off well.
    Indeed. I find it pretty remarkable that Pak set up all of these pieces for the past couple of months (and one could say the past couple of years really). The backstories in Aero and Sword Master, the adventures Amadeus had in World War Hulk with Namora, the older Agents of Atlas, the city of Pan, they all just fit well in this story. Pretty excited what the payoff will be!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

And there it is, Tien Long! Just as suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    And there it is, Tien Long! Just as suspected.
    Ha yes, I think I had to learn a lesson in patience . I'm glad to see that Marvel jumped on this and I look forward to what happens.

In an Agents of Atlas sense, this is pretty good news. Cindy is getting a series and now Shang. Aero is going to be in a big Marvel event. Pak seems to be teasing something with the Agents over on his Twitter feed. Now maybe he's just hyping the last issue of the mini or hey....maybe the series will continue as an ongoing .
    "I am a man of peace."

Preview for Atlantis Attacks #3
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...tis-attacks-3/
    spoilers:
    Namor angers Amadeus so much that Brawn loses control and turns back into the Hulk!
    end of spoilers

...and Aero #9
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...review-aero-9/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Namor angers Amadeus so much that Brawn loses control and turns back into the Hulk!
    end of spoilers

...and Aero #9
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...review-aero-9/
    As for the Atlantis Attacks preview, it looks nice. That one panel with Namor looks especially nice since Namor has a grizzled, angry vibe to him. spoilers:
    And Amadeus really hulking out is cool too. We need a good Hulk out once in a while
    end of spoilers.

I like the Aero preview. She's powerful to be sure, but she finds it cute how Zouye wants to protect her. .
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I didn't know Amadeus could still do that.
    So this is how they met...my dad's phone got stolen the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't know Amadeus could still do that.
    I think this is the first time he's done it since Totally Awesome Hulk ended

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I think this is the first time he's done it since Totally Awesome Hulk ended
    Uh-huh. He said it himself, he didn't like being that angry all the time, so in that context, him doing that sounds like one of those "deadly upgrades" in anime or tokusatsu where a character gets a power boost at the cost of potentially severe, if not permanent, physical and/or mental damage, or even just losing control of the power and going on a violent, destructive rampage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I picked up issue 3 today and thought it was a good issue.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-18-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I picked up issue 3 today and thought it was a good issue.
    Yeah it was great, a lot of split loyalties within such a large group of characters

Hey all. A couple thoughts:

-For me, Pak dropped one of the balls with Atlantis Attacks #3. I appreciated the shifting loyalties and I especially liked how the Atlanteans and Sirenas viewed a particular instance. That hit hard, because conflicts and wars usually don't have good guys or bad guys, just people with different POV's.

I got really confused though trying to follow who was attacking Atlantis, who would defend Atlantis, and who was staying behind to defend Pan. Namora says one thing, then Wave jumps in, and then Ngyuen wants to do something, but oh wait, Isaac is going to do something now. Again, not too confusing, but I think I have to read a third time to get it.

- Latest issue of Aero was great. Although it's a mainland Chinese series, it just brought up a lot of classic Marvel tropes. Lei is trying to play it cool and conceal her identity while using an air clone to fight some crystal monsters. That's Marvel stuff right there! Really can't wait to see Iron Man show up!

So overall, an okay mix this week.
    "I am a man of peace."

Reading the previews for the upcoming Infinite Destinies storyline and guess who might show up:

Alright wait a minute, hold the phone, is White Fox going to be in this? Is she going to get an Infinity Stone now? Looking forward to that!
    "I am a man of peace."

Eight guest stars, only six stones, so two of them don't have stones. Overtime and Star are the ones who definitely do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all. A couple thoughts:

-For me, Pak dropped one of the balls with Atlantis Attacks #3. I appreciated the shifting loyalties and I especially liked how the Atlanteans and Sirenas viewed a particular instance. That hit hard, because conflicts and wars usually don't have good guys or bad guys, just people with different POV's.

I got really confused though trying to follow who was attacking Atlantis, who would defend Atlantis, and who was staying behind to defend Pan. Namora says one thing, then Wave jumps in, and then Ngyuen wants to do something, but oh wait, Isaac is going to do something now. Again, not too confusing, but I think I have to read a third time to get it.

- Latest issue of Aero was great. Although it's a mainland Chinese series, it just brought up a lot of classic Marvel tropes. Lei is trying to play it cool and conceal her identity while using an air clone to fight some crystal monsters. That's Marvel stuff right there! Really can't wait to see Iron Man show up!

So overall, an okay mix this week.
    I think it was Namora, Gorilla Man, Jimmy and Venus going to defend Atlantis

Wave and the Sirenas going to attack it. Isaac and the Pan Protectors were going to attack as well, but first they slowed down Namora's group and got held up by Namor

The rest of the New Agents of Atlas are defending Pan. Bob Grayson, 3D-Man and M-11 are helping Pan with the portal problem but could easily leave to help Jimmy at any minute.