Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Thank you Crimz, Billy Maximoff and CaptCleghorn for your kind comments. It really is hard to grasp at first, but once it clicks, it makes sense. Feel free to ask anything. Just like CaptCleghorn, going into detail on this stuff is a masochistic pleasure of mine.

It's fascinating and possibly better than some other theories.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    4th dimensional use of her power seems a very good explanation for Sue's abilities. It also helps to explain how she makes layers of a person or object invisible. I just may shut up about the pseudo-science I think makes up Sue's power and let erk speak far more wisely and eloquently than I.

Great start, erk!
    In addition, and to erk, this could tie in to hyperspace (you already did it sorta) as her power source or an access she has.

BANNED

RCO009_1583548006.jpg
    Here's an example of Sue stating that she can create her force field anywhere she wants after Nathaniel told her that her powers originates from Hyperspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Great theory erk but I'm also not that smart but can see what you're saying in some degree.

Also, I recently saw Crimz's Respect Thread for Sue on ComicVine, someone bumped it, Great job, I could just have started with Johnny's one, considering you already had one, anyway I'm stealing some of the stuff I didn't have and adding it to mine, hehe.
    I just added a few thing to an already existing respect thread, but your's is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by erk View Post
    Thank you Crimz, Billy Maximoff and CaptCleghorn for your kind comments. It really is hard to grasp at first, but once it clicks, it makes sense. Feel free to ask anything. Just like CaptCleghorn, going into detail on this stuff is a masochistic pleasure of mine.
    One of the good things about overthinking some things is that some cool ideas come out of t, like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    RCO009_1583548006.jpg
    Here's an example of Sue stating that she can create her force field anywhere she wants after Nathaniel told her that her powers originates from Hyperspace.
    I'm still waiting for a writer to come along and really explore her connection to Hyperspace.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sometimes I get the feeling that they regret that connection. Do you remember it last came up in canon stories? Since I miss a lot of guest appearances or other stuff, it's always possible.

I still haven't totally given context to this 'new' revelation about the FF's origins. There are way too many holes in it, of course. But in one sense, it could be used to further that idea about Sue's powers/source.

When you think about it, all of the four have really OP stuff going on, even if it ends up being scaled back or not kept in continuity as it should:

Reed: every single molecule of his body must be able to do that stretch stuff, unaffected by any other physical properties that would affect normal organs, senses, etc.
    <query: is Reed himself, so empowered by the Cosmic rays, that 'each molecule' somehow is a microcosm of his mind, totally super intellgient and conscious cells within him>

Torch - able to go Nova and probably more. Nuff said.

Ben - He's the only one that has a very varying continuity. Is it because of hyper-intelligent Reed's various attempts over years to find the cure? But technically he always was immortal, is my biggest take away here.
    < maybe some of the things Reed did, did more than chip away at that immortality, also weakened him and/or invulnerability >
    When I finished the new 'origin' storyline, my immediate thought was, how can they be so sure the 'cure' would work on all the ben-types affected there? Ben had years of other cures and other times when he was changed, even for longer periods. It didn't seem realistic that the cure would be so easy for them, en masse, but who knows?

PS: by the end of the story I realized that maybe Sky is not so bad, but will bear watching. That is a different thread though.

This is in reference to CaptCleghorn who sent me a message a few months ago which I only just saw. Your inbox is full so I wasn't able to send a message back to you so I hope you see this. Yes, I give you 100% permission to use the Sue idea you said I came up with (which frankly, I don't even recall what I thought or said). I'm flattered you liked it enough to write about it especially coming from an uber FF fan. I personally hope you went ahead and used the Sue idea without waiting for me because it would be a shame if you didn't use it all these long months since you clearly have been so inspired.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Oh my, how interesting.... I wonder what plan for Sue is being contemplated?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Oh my, how interesting.... I wonder what plan for Sue is being contemplated?
    People really should check out the Age of Marvels - New Universe thread. There are some really interesting and fun ideas going on there. And I have stuff there as well. The books are for anyone to "purchease and comment on. That's what the thread is for.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations

Just for fun

There is a gif of Emily Blunt as Sue.

I wonder how they'll handle Sue in the eventual MCU Fantastic Four?

I'm 90% sure that they will give her a specialized scientific field and I wonder if they will change 616 to synergize with that (If they don't give her a specialization beforehand).
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Just for fun

There is a gif of Emily Blunt as Sue.
    Emily Blunt has such bad luck with Marvel. She was originally in the running for both Peggy carter and Natasha Romaova - didn't she lose Natasha became Fox din't want to share her? She'd be a good Sue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Emily Blunt has such bad luck with Marvel. She was originally in the running for both Peggy carter and Natasha Romaova - didn't she lose Natasha became Fox din't want to share her? She'd be a good Sue, though.
    I read there were scheduling conflicts or something, but who really knows? Haha. She has actively been pursued by Marvel in the past and has a good relationship with Disney as she starred in Into the Woods, Mary Poppins Returns and the new Jungle Cruise movies. Along with the rumors that she had already met with Marvel again about a role in an upcoming movie and her history with the company it wouldn't be too hard to imagine her as Sue or another character in the future of the MCU.

But that gif was just for fun since there is a lack of Sue content lately (at least of quality) so I just wanted to make something to post in the thread and share some Sue content of my own. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    IIRC Blunt was contractually obligated to appear in the Jack Black Gulliver's Travels movie, which was why she couldn't do Iron man 2
    Sure bet she thanked her agent for that one!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sue on the cover of December's Chris Claremont Anniversary Special. It's a Dani Moonstar story but will feature supporting characters created/defined by Claremont.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ersary-special
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES