Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

I want another Invisible Woman book so badly, especially to explore all this stuff!

Hopefully, they announce one next year as apart of a big FF celebration for their 60th anniversary.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sue's fate in the MCU rests in Jon Watts' hands

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Sue's fate in the MCU rests in Jon Watts' hands
    Big oof.

10 char

I hope she is portrayed well.

She should be powerful, competent, and really likable to the audience.

Based on Watts' previous work she might have an interesting personality which would be great.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-11-2020 at 04:17 AM.

BANNED

I'm pretty excited about the FF finally being confirmed for the MCU and I hope we finally get a Sue that feels comic-accurate, powerful and important.

I really hope Sue isn't just a different version of MCU Gamora or Wasp that's just a forgettable mother type character and a love interest, I really would've liked a different director that can really write powerful/important characters like The Russo brothers or a good ex comic writer, I don't particularly like any of the female characters from the Spider-Man movies and I wouldn't want Sue to be as insignificant as they currently are. Another thing I see done with the "powerful female character" is she's weak and useless for the entirety of the movie and near the end she does something "powerful" and we're supposed to believe she's powerful.

Maybe I'm too picky but I've waited for forever for a decent/good Sue in media outside of the comics.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 12-11-2020 at 06:24 AM.

I can't judge how he'd handle Sue as she's meant to be one of the main characters while the Spider-Man film only has one true main character and the others are a supporting cast. So I can't judge it based on the women in the Spider-Man movies. Also, a ton of this is based on the script and how the characters are written. I'm really wondering who's writing this.

Fantastic Member

The writing and treatment of women in the MCU is honestly pretty abysmal, so I'm definitely wary. Black Panther probably has the best-written female characters, which is why it's one of my favorites.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I can't judge how he'd handle Sue as she's meant to be one of the main characters while the Spider-Man film only has one true main character and the others are a supporting cast. So I can't judge it based on the women in the Spider-Man movies. Also, a ton of this is based on the script and how the characters are written. I'm really wondering who's writing this.
    Yeah, I hope the script does Sue justice and it'll probably also depend on how big Sue's actress is, Sue has never really been very important in the past movies. In the 2005 movie Ben was the main character, In the 2007 movie Johnny was the main character and the 2015 one was Reed's movie.

BANNED

CLAREMONTSP2020001007_col.jpg
    A page from Chris Claremont's Anniversary Special.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    CLAREMONTSP2020001007_col.jpg
    A page from Chris Claremont's Anniversary Special.
    60s Sue, Sue Von Doom, and Queen of Atlantis Sue... I wonder what this story is about and whether current Sue will be involved.

BANNED

The Chris Claremont Anniversary Special is delayed from next week to the 13th January.

Re-read Sue's mini and thought that Aidan could be made into a interesting nemesis for Sue. Reed is the only member of the team who has one (Doom) and I think each member should have a more personal villain. Aidan's basically Sue's opposite and his motivation to bring Sue down to his level could be a really interesting one. It's a motivation that could really push Sue and develop her in interesting ways.
    He tries to get to Sue by any means and her family would be a prime target.

The only things would be to bring him back to life (which is easy in the MU) and give him powers. He's a SHIELD agent so the Aidan that died could be an LMD, and giving him
    powers is easy, it's Marvel.

EDIT: I've changed my mind and Sue's nemesis should be a woman because writers won't help themselves and try to make things sexual between her and a male nemesis.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-14-2020 at 08:55 AM.

If they fix him up a bit and get him a new costume I think Blackout could be the perfect villain for Sue.

BANNED

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-s...most-powerful/

I found this CBR article on Sue for anyone who's interested.

My villian picks for Sue would be Victorious or Black Swan who are both powerful enough to make Sue work for a win.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 12-14-2020 at 07:30 PM.

BANNED

IMG_20201216_163836.jpg
    Slott even eknowledged he's writing Sue to be useless, also what on earth is the difference between a force bubble and a solid force globe?
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 12-16-2020 at 09:40 AM.