Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 97
  1. #31
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post

    Did you guys know that Sue can remove/disrupt force fields created by other sources?
    Makes sense. She can see stuff that's being made invisible. I'd probably limit her ability to disrupt other's force fields to methods that are similar to hers. But I often get too deatiled with Sue's powers.

  2. #32
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Sue has been specifically shown to un-make other's fields. Not sure if she ever did that with Doom. And I don't remember where exactly, but probably from some years ago; thinking '70s or '80s stories.

  3. #33
    Mighty Member Oberon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    Ulp. I responded already, but you showed 'em. The first one is the one I remember from '70s era. ?

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Attachment 91710
    Attachment 91711Attachment 91712

    Did you guys know that Sue can remove/disrupt force fields created by other sources?
    This backs up my theory that Sue's force-fields operate at a certain frequency. One that naturally repels most attacks but she can control how it resonates to block certain attacks, disrupt other force-fields, or even damage Celestials.



    The above tells me that her force-fields naturally adapt to whatever is attacking her, but can be overwhelmed by having too many different energies resonating at different frequencies attacking them. Meaning she had to create smaller force-fields that adapted to a particular attack at a time instead of one big one. I think this provides interesting limitations and new potential applications for her force-fields.

    It also explains why they are able to block so many things. They naturally adapt.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-15-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    I wish the mole Sue got in Slott's run when Pichelli was on art and in Invisible Woman by De Iulis, was a defining feature. I really liked it and it also helps make her stand out a bit from all the other blonde superheroes. It's a tiny change (literally) that helps the character stand out visually. I already saw people mistake her for Emma in the preview pages from X-Men/Fantastic Four. The mole would be a simple thing that helps stop that in future crossovers, especially if artists are prone to "same face".


    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This backs up my theory that Sue's force-fields operate at a certain frequency. One that naturally repels most attacks but she can control how it resonates to block certain attacks, disrupt other force-fields, or even damage Celestials.



    The above tells me that her force-fields naturally adapt to whatever is attacking her, but can be overwhelmed by having too many different energies resonating at different frequencies attacking them. Meaning she had to create smaller force-fields that adapted to a particular attack at a time instead of one big one. I think this provides interesting limitations and new potential applications for her force-fields.

    It also explains why they are able to block so many things. They naturally adapt.
    That's so cool and interesting but I doubt writers would ever explore something like that across the board the same goes for the "beauty spot" on her face.

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    That's so cool and interesting but I doubt writers would ever explore something like that across the board the same goes for the "beauty spot" on her face.
    Yeah I doubt her powers will ever be explored in such a way, but it's nice to think about.
    The mole will also likely not catch on, but I'm still hopeful.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  8. #38
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    114

    Default

    This may have been discussed, and shown, but I don't remember. Since Sue can change the way light is reflected on her skin and hair, can (or has she) ever shown the ability to visually show her forcefield constructs. Like can she make it so people see her projections

  9. #39
    Claremazon Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    This may have been discussed, and shown, but I don't remember. Since Sue can change the way light is reflected on her skin and hair, can (or has she) ever shown the ability to visually show her forcefield constructs. Like can she make it so people see her projections
    I don’t think so, and I’ve been reading the FF since ‘85.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I wish the mole Sue got in Slott's run when Pichelli was on art and in Invisible Woman by De Iulis, was a defining feature. I really liked it and it also helps make her stand out a bit from all the other blonde superheroes. It's a tiny change (literally) that helps the character stand out visually. I already saw people mistake her for Emma in the preview pages from X-Men/Fantastic Four. The mole would be a simple thing that helps stop that in future crossovers, especially if artists are prone to "same face".


    so has she been keeping it invisible all this time?

  11. #41
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    This may have been discussed, and shown, but I don't remember. Since Sue can change the way light is reflected on her skin and hair, can (or has she) ever shown the ability to visually show her forcefield constructs. Like can she make it so people see her projections
    She's never done it before. Not sure if it's possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has she been keeping it invisible all this time?
    There have been worse retcons.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    Today the Invisible Woman trade is in comic stores!

    I like the "Partners in crime" subtitle. I hope it means there may be more solo books for her in the future.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  13. #43
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Today the Invisible Woman trade is in comic stores!

    I like the "Partners in crime" subtitle. I hope it means there may be more solo books for her in the future.
    I don't know, the subtitle makes it sound like Sue is a criminal .

  14. #44
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know, the subtitle makes it sound like Sue is a criminal .
    Mmmmm, the expression has connotations beyond merely breaking the law. I'm certainly OK with it, as it does fit the main story point. Plus, the partners in the title aren't specified, so even if it was actual crime (which it was), Sue isn't implicated enough to put me off from buying the book. Unless I bought the singles, which I did.

  15. #45
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know, the subtitle makes it sound like Sue is a criminal .
    It's phrase that can be used in a few different ways, which works for this story. That's why a like it.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •