Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Dropping this book was the best decision I've ever made.
    The guy just can't write Sue, her powers are based on her imagination which means they are based on the writers imagination. He's done nothing interesting with the character or her powers in the almost 3 years he's been writing the team.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Dropping this book was the best decision I've ever made.
    The guy just can't write Sue, her powers are based on her imagination which means they are based on the writers imagination. He's done nothing interesting with the character or her powers in the almost 3 years he's been writing the team.
    It's almost like Sue is rediscovering her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    It's almost like Sue is rediscovering her powers.
    Like force globe? Does that mean it's solid all the way through or something? Either way it's dull and unimaginative. She practically has the powers of a Green Lantern plus invisibility and this is what he comes up with?
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-16-2020 at 10:04 AM.

I'm hoping that MCU Sue will be a MD or something and not a scientist like Reed. With comics liking synergy I can see them finally giving her something based on whatever the film does. With Slott retconning it so that Johnny trained to be an astronaut as a teen he inadvertently (I hope) made Sue, the only woman, the sole one who was completely unqualified to be on the rocket. That's not a good look giving the teen more reason to be there than the grown woman.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-18-2020 at 04:13 AM.

BANNED

I'm hoping that MCU Sue will be a MD or something and not a scientist like Reed. With comics liking synergy I can see them finally giving her something based on whatever the film does. With Slott retconning it so that Johnny trained to be an astronaut as a teen he inadvertently (I hope) made Sue, the only woman, the sole one who was completely unqualified to be on the rocket. That's not a good look giving the teen more reason to be there than the grown woman.
    Agreed, Sue definitely needs an occupation before she gets her powers that's useful to the team after they get their powers, I'd appreciate it if she wasn't just another scientist next to Reed like in the other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Agreed, Sue definitely needs an occupation before she gets her powers that's useful to the team after they get their powers, I'd appreciate it if she wasn't just another scientist next to Reed like in the other movies.
    The movies try and make her a scientist like Reed but that just messes up their dynamic. Plus Reed would always have to be smarter because his thing is being the smartest in the world and always being the smartest in a room. That would make Sue look redundant and "lesser" as she would always be compared to him and always come up short.
    I really hope the MCU Fantastic Four doesn't fall into that trap and gives her a cool ocupation that suits the character and her dynamic with the team.

I just think that:

Reed - scientist
    Ben - pilot
    Johnny - mechanic/engineer
    Sue - doctor

Is just the perfect combination, especially for an adventuring team.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-19-2020 at 12:40 AM.

The movies try and make her a scientist like Reed but that just messes up their dynamic. Plus Reed would always have to be smarter because his thing is being the smartest in the world and always being the smartest in a room. That would make Sue look redundant and "lesser" as she would always be compared to him and always come up short.
    I really hope the MCU Fantastic Four doesn't fall into that trap and gives her a cool ocupation that suits the character and her dynamic with the team.

I just think that:

Reed - scientist
    Ben - pilot
    Johnny - mechanic/engineer
    Sue - doctor

Is just the perfect combination, especially for an adventuring team.
    Reed - Spock
    Ben - Sulu
    Johnny - Scotty
    Sue - McCoy

They may be going with a '60s version of the team, who are/were lost in time and came out today.

So, Sue would not necessarily have another big career, but it would be nice.

But this could keep a younger 'Spidey' age teen Johnny in the mix.

but MCU does things that make their take have some bigger differences. So maybe it is not important that Torch be Spidey's age, because maybe they won't have that long relationship like the comis.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    They may be going with a '60s version of the team, who are/were lost in time and came out today.

but MCU does things that make their take have some bigger differences. So maybe it is not important that Torch be Spidey's age, because maybe they won't have that long relationship like the comis.
    I'm not sure they'll go this route since they already did the "hero of another era in present day" thing with Captain America and Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-23-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not sure they'll going this route since they already did the "hero of another era in present day" thing with Captain America and Captain Marvel.
    Not that it's all that relevant for Carol, anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Reed - Spock
    Ben - Sulu
    Johnny - Scotty
    Sue - McCoy
    There's a reason why it works and all of them have aspects of Kirk.

I don't like the 60s idea and hope they won't go in that direction. I'm hoping that with Watts directing instead of Peyton Reed they will not be from the past.
    Even if they were from the 60s I still doubt that they'd have Sue just be the girlfriend who tags along. They'll likely still change things.

There's a reason why it works and all of them have aspects of Kirk.

I don't like the 60s idea and hope they won't go in that direction. I'm hoping that with Watts directing instead of Peyton Reed they will not be from the past.
    Even if they were from the 60s I still doubt that they'd have Sue just be the girlfriend who tags along. They'll likely still change things.
    Heroes out of time is used a bit; Janet Van Dyne, besides the other mentions.

We're about to have a new villain who is notable for using things out of time as weapons or other resources.

So I think it is just one of those things that is possible. Otherwise I don't see how they explain the FF just popping up 'now'.

So maybe they're not time warping, thinks of the FF 2099 series which I liked and briefly held out the idea they were the same Ff, lost in time . . . - - guys, it is what the FF do.

So time traveling is sort of a feature and especially with the idea that Kang, a descendent of Reed's from over a thousand years in the future, well I think time travel and FF will be very related.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Heroes out of time is used a bit; Janet Van Dyne, besides the other mentions.

We're about to have a new villain who is notable for using things out of time as weapons or other resources.

So I think it is just one of those things that is possible. Otherwise I don't see how they explain the FF just popping up 'now'.

So maybe they're not time warping, thinks of the FF 2099 series which I liked and briefly held out the idea they were the same Ff, lost in time . . . - - guys, it is what the FF do.

So time traveling is sort of a feature and especially with the idea that Kang, a descendent of Reed's from over a thousand years in the future, well I think time travel and FF will be very related.
    There doesn't have to be this complex reason as to why they haven't been around. The simple answer is that they hadn't had the accident yet. No need to for time travel and such to bring them into the spotlight. It's the same reason we didn't hear about Spider-Man or Dr Strange. They are just ordinary people at the moment.

There doesn't have to be this complex reason as to why they haven't been around. The simple answer is that they hadn't had the accident yet. No need to for time travel and such to bring them into the spotlight. It's the same reason we didn't hear about Spider-Man or Dr Strange. They are just ordinary people at the moment.
    Yeah. Over on the DC boards where I like to hang on JSA threads, there's the theme of Superman being the first hero. Although modern marvel debuted with the FF, there's absolutely nothing dictating the FF has to be first. A well-done (not rare or medium) FF has aspects that make them not just another four member pseudo-Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Yeah. Over on the DC boards where I like to hang on JSA threads, there's the theme of Superman being the first hero. Although modern marvel debuted with the FF, there's absolutely nothing dictating the FF has to be first. A well-done (not rare or medium) FF has aspects that make them not just another four member pseudo-Avengers.
    That ship has sailed. Even setting them in the past won't make them the first in the MCU as that will always go to Iron Man in the universe. The FF being the first heroes of modern Marvel is important and shouldn't be forgotten, but the films don't need to try and force it into their universe too. It's not important to the characters or how they operate all and is not necessary to have a great Fantastic Four film.
    It's just as worthwhile to have them be a major driving force for the MCU post-Endgame.