Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post

Did you guys know that Sue can remove/disrupt force fields created by other sources?
    Makes sense. She can see stuff that's being made invisible. I'd probably limit her ability to disrupt other's force fields to methods that are similar to hers. But I often get too deatiled with Sue's powers.

Sue has been specifically shown to un-make other's fields. Not sure if she ever did that with Doom. And I don't remember where exactly, but probably from some years ago; thinking '70s or '80s stories.

Ulp. I responded already, but you showed 'em. The first one is the one I remember from '70s era. ?

Attachment 91710
    Attachment 91711Attachment 91712

Did you guys know that Sue can remove/disrupt force fields created by other sources?
    This backs up my theory that Sue's force-fields operate at a certain frequency. One that naturally repels most attacks but she can control how it resonates to block certain attacks, disrupt other force-fields, or even damage Celestials.

The above tells me that her force-fields naturally adapt to whatever is attacking her, but can be overwhelmed by having too many different energies resonating at different frequencies attacking them. Meaning she had to create smaller force-fields that adapted to a particular attack at a time instead of one big one. I think this provides interesting limitations and new potential applications for her force-fields.

It also explains why they are able to block so many things. They naturally adapt.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-15-2020 at 07:45 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I wish the mole Sue got in Slott's run when Pichelli was on art and in Invisible Woman by De Iulis, was a defining feature. I really liked it and it also helps make her stand out a bit from all the other blonde superheroes. It's a tiny change (literally) that helps the character stand out visually. I already saw people mistake her for Emma in the preview pages from X-Men/Fantastic Four. The mole would be a simple thing that helps stop that in future crossovers, especially if artists are prone to "same face".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This backs up my theory that Sue's force-fields operate at a certain frequency. One that naturally repels most attacks but she can control how it resonates to block certain attacks, disrupt other force-fields, or even damage Celestials.

The above tells me that her force-fields naturally adapt to whatever is attacking her, but can be overwhelmed by having too many different energies resonating at different frequencies attacking them. Meaning she had to create smaller force-fields that adapted to a particular attack at a time instead of one big one. I think this provides interesting limitations and new potential applications for her force-fields.

It also explains why they are able to block so many things. They naturally adapt.
    That's so cool and interesting but I doubt writers would ever explore something like that across the board the same goes for the "beauty spot" on her face.

That's so cool and interesting but I doubt writers would ever explore something like that across the board the same goes for the "beauty spot" on her face.
    Yeah I doubt her powers will ever be explored in such a way, but it's nice to think about.
    The mole will also likely not catch on, but I'm still hopeful.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

This may have been discussed, and shown, but I don't remember. Since Sue can change the way light is reflected on her skin and hair, can (or has she) ever shown the ability to visually show her forcefield constructs. Like can she make it so people see her projections

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    This may have been discussed, and shown, but I don't remember. Since Sue can change the way light is reflected on her skin and hair, can (or has she) ever shown the ability to visually show her forcefield constructs. Like can she make it so people see her projections
    I don’t think so, and I’ve been reading the FF since ‘85.

I wish the mole Sue got in Slott's run when Pichelli was on art and in Invisible Woman by De Iulis, was a defining feature. I really liked it and it also helps make her stand out a bit from all the other blonde superheroes. It's a tiny change (literally) that helps the character stand out visually. I already saw people mistake her for Emma in the preview pages from X-Men/Fantastic Four. The mole would be a simple thing that helps stop that in future crossovers, especially if artists are prone to "same face".

so has she been keeping it invisible all this time?

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    She's never done it before. Not sure if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has she been keeping it invisible all this time?
    There have been worse retcons.

Today the Invisible Woman trade is in comic stores!

I like the "Partners in crime" subtitle. I hope it means there may be more solo books for her in the future.

Today the Invisible Woman trade is in comic stores!

I like the "Partners in crime" subtitle. I hope it means there may be more solo books for her in the future.
    I don't know, the subtitle makes it sound like Sue is a criminal .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mmmmm, the expression has connotations beyond merely breaking the law. I'm certainly OK with it, as it does fit the main story point. Plus, the partners in the title aren't specified, so even if it was actual crime (which it was), Sue isn't implicated enough to put me off from buying the book. Unless I bought the singles, which I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's phrase that can be used in a few different ways, which works for this story. That's why a like it.