Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Squadron Supreme of America

This new incarnation of the Squadron Supreme doesn't stop worrying me. First of all, why nobody tells us what happened to the Squadron Supreme of members of different Earths after they dissolved the team? It's Nighthawk was killed during the Secret Empire, but what about Hyperion, Zarda, Doctor Spectrum and Blurr? We haven't seen them since then. Why didn't they do something about this new "Squadron Supreme".

And what is going to happen with them? I mean, by a preview of future events shown in an issue of "Avengers", it's obvious they will fight against the Avengers. Clearly, they will lose, but what will it happen then? They were created by Mephisto and programmed by the new Elite of America. Does Mephisto has any control over them? I wouldn't be surprised. Also, he never gives a real gift, but something to turn into a curse. I believe this Squadron will eventually break out of the control of the Elite and turn into "Squadron Sinister". I mean, if they realize they have been used and their lives are a lie, I don't think they will take it good.

Fantastic Member

Yeah I wonder what happens to the previous Squadron, like Hickman’s Hyperion just dropped off the map

Astonishing Member

Do you think the Elite will use the Squadron Supreme against Krakoa? I doubt even the strongest mutants can even block these behemoths. Even worst, if the telepaths try a psychic trick on them, affecting their programming, they could make them more dangerous. I can imagine Hyperion and the others killing instantly several mutants through their path, or even Hyperion rising Krakoa from the sea and throwing it to the space, similar to what the previous Hyperion did with Atlantis.

Aaron and Hickman cannot talk all this **** about each other and not give me Hickperion vs. Hypaarion.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This new incarnation of the Squadron Supreme doesn't stop worrying me. First of all, why nobody tells us what happened to the Squadron Supreme of members of different Earths after they dissolved the team? It's Nighthawk was killed during the Secret Empire, but what about Hyperion, Zarda, Doctor Spectrum and Blurr? We haven't seen them since then. Why didn't they do something about this new "Squadron Supreme".
    Doctor Spectrum is on New Attilan. Blur joined SHIELD, but thanks to Secret Empire we've lost track of him, as SHIELD is no more.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aaron and Hickman cannot talk all this **** about each other and not give me Hickperion vs. Hypaarion.
    Facts we need this fight, but needs to happen in like an Avengers book

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Facts we need this fight, but needs to happen in like an Avengers book
    There are probably too many Hyperions running around as it is. I think King Hyperion is still hanging around the MU too. I wouldn't mind of the Hypes took one or two of each other off the table.

Extraordinary Member

SSoA is a continuation of my annoyance with government super teams.

Freedom Force: Mutant terrorist working for pardons/reduced sentences
    Thunderbolts (under Luke Cage): Criminals working for pardons/reduced sentences
    SSoA: Mephisto made/controlled clones.

You would think that the U.S. Government would be out there either actively recruiting or creating their own super hero team that are patriots who want to serve their country like military/LE/intelligence agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

You would think that the U.S. Government would be out there either actively recruiting or creating their own super hero team that are patriots who want to serve their country like military/LE/intelligence agents.
    Of course the first two there are basically Marvel answers to Suicide Squad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

That was the original purpose of the Weapon Plus program.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    There are probably too many Hyperions running around as it is. I think King Hyperion is still hanging around the MU too. I wouldn't mind of the Hypes took one or two of each other off the table.
    Didn’t he die in Thunderbolts after trying to kill them?

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Yeah I wonder what happens to the previous Squadron, like Hickman’s Hyperion just dropped off the map
    Didn't he die fighting the Beyonders at the end of time?

Mighty Member

It's Nighthawk was killed during the Secret Empire, but what about Hyperion, Zarda, Doctor Spectrum and Blurr? We haven't seen them since then. Why didn't they do something about this new "Squadron Supreme".
    The Robinson (post-"Secret Wars" Squadron) has been written out.

Blurr (New Universe): joined SHIELD (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Hyperion (from Hickman's "Avengers" run): last seen during "Secret Empire", possibly dead.
    Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond, renamed Raymond Kane, from "Supreme Power"): dead (Secret Empire tie-in).
    Spectrum (from Hickman's "New Avengers" run): joined the Inhumans (end of Robinson's "Squadron Supreme").
    Zarda (from Gruenwald Squadron): ....uh...... (Nobody gives a damn.)

Thundra has been forgotten. The evil Zarda was dealt with off panel, at the end of Robinson's run.

In real terms, Marvel does not care about this iteration of the team, assuming they even remember it.

Aaron and Hickman do not get along?

I think King Hyperion is still hanging around the MU too.
    Austen's Hyperion (King Hyperion) was killed off at the end of "Exiles", when the series was about cleaning up the messes that Austen created in that series.

Earth 712 (from the Gruenwald-written series in the 80s) was confirmed destroyed in Robinson's "Squadron Supreme". (Zarda was the only survivor. Hyperion died on panel.) But, as shown in post-Austen "Exiles", there is another Squadron world that is apparently very similar to the world from Gruenwald's Squadron series.

The "Supreme Power" team (essentially the "Ultimates" Squadron) actually died...on panel....twice. Namor's Cabal killed them during "Time Runs Out", and they (or a very similar team) died on Battleworld fighting the Squadron Sinister (an evil Squadron in the aptly named "Squadron Sinister" tie-in for "Secret Wars). Nighthawk (Raymond Kane) survived this to join the Robinson team, before getting killed off in a "Secret Empire" tie-in.

What is happening with the current Squadron (in Aaron's "Avengers")? I have not been following the series. Last I recall, it was revealed/implied that they were pawns of Mephisto, who was shown having lunch with Agent Colson
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

What is happening with the current Squadron (in Aaron's "Avengers")? I have not been following the series. Last I recall, it was revealed/implied that they were pawns of Mephisto, who was shown having lunch with Agent Colson
    Not a whole lot. They are controlled by Mephisto and they had a WoR tie in...but not much really. And it annoys me as I am assuming they are being set up for something.

This page pretty much details their exploits....

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Squad...ca_(Earth-616)

Mighty Member

Thanks. I saw the linked entry, but had assumed it was outdated. (Wondering if Marvel has forgotten about them.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/