Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

And that's to say anyone does. Which I dont read into that article. Sue has potential to be premiere marvel heroine if pushed in right direction.

Johnny just died a few years back.

Reed is marvel's (soon to be mcu) deus ex machina.

That leaves Ben. But they just got back. Its dumb to kill any of them.

Now Crystal, wyatt, and other background characters would be fine.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Would Marvel kill off a child though?
    Marvel has killed lots of children before. The ones that come to mind are:

Billy Connors - later revived sorta

Gert - later revived

Cassie Lang - later revived

Ely-Vell - smothered in the crib

Also, how many teenage former mutants were killed on the bus by the Purifiers?

Yeah, and they stayed dead until last year - that's 14 years!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    And that's to say anyone does. Which I dont read into that article. Sue has potential to be premiere marvel heroine if pushed in right direction.

Johnny just died a few years back.

Reed is marvel's (soon to be mcu) deus ex machina.

That leaves Ben. But they just got back. Its dumb to kill any of them.

Now Crystal, wyatt, and other background characters would be fine.
    I doubt they will push Sue to be their top female hero, but I hope that they've planned to give Sue a push. She deserves one and I believe she has the potential to be amazing.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-27-2020 at 12:23 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think it will be one of the core members, if it is true that someone dies. I think they might be Valeria. No one really knows what to do with the character these days.
    I agree, if anyone goes, it will probably be Valeria. But her death would definitely gut Sue and Reed. If it happens expect to see one casket, but 3 ghosts. The Reed and Sue that emerge from that kind of trauma will be vastly changed.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Would Marvel kill off a child though?
    Definitely. No one is safe, especially kids.

Val dying would effect the entire family, Doom, and the members of the Future Foundation (especially Bentley). I wouldn't want it to happen, but it would definitely impact everyone.

Mighty Member

If Val dies, can she come back colder and less feeling? I don't appreciate the current direction of the character.

Well, if she does die, surely Doom will resurrect her quickly. As much as Victor dislikes Reed, he loves that girl, who sees him as another uncle like Johnny and Ben.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, if she does die, surely Doom will resurrect her quickly. As much as Victor dislikes Reed, he loves that girl, who sees him as another uncle like Johnny and Ben.
    Hopefully he'd de-age her too in that scenario...

I've noticed that one of the problems with Sue's character that prevent her from being better/more interesting is that she doesn't really have any relatable flaws. She hasn't got any things that she needs to work on as a person, that readers can relate to and would want to see her learn and grow from. It all goes back to the writers not developing her personality and focusing on her powers as that's much easier than making the character interesting and complex.
    I'm still hoping and waiting for a writer to come along and give the character what she really needs instead of more power feats. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing her kick ass but that shouldn't be all there is to her. Badass Mom should be only one facet of the character, not her entirety.

Mighty Member

The reason why she doesn't have any relatable flaws, besides the obvious lack of focus, is that the writers seem to be stuck in the shadow of Sue's early days where she was more or less the damsel in distress. They seem to be focused more on making her badass or exploring her powers. Don't get me wrong. That's important, but being this desperate to make her powers interesting and her badass ends up stagnating her character. This is especially prominent in the current run.

Spectacular Member

The whole idea that an FF member is going to killed off is pure speculation. There's no evidence that that's the plan -- and with Slott, the ultimate FF fanboy writer -- he's done his level best to stress the whole family nature of the team. I can't imagine him killing off one of the core members at this time --- although he has said that Empyre would have major ramifications for the FF going forward.

And during the whole Empyre event -- Franklin and Val will be hanging with Spider-Man and Wolverine on Earth while the rest of the family is off in space. Do you really think those 2 will let one of the FF's kids die?

My bet is that the Kree and Skrull kids that seem important to the storyline will be left to be raised by Reed and Sue to prepare them for their future of leading their respective races.

Commence the murder #TinreachWasRight
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The reason why she doesn't have any relatable flaws, besides the obvious lack of focus, is that the writers seem to be stuck in the shadow of Sue's early days where she was more or less the damsel in distress. They seem to be focused more on making her badass or exploring her powers. Don't get me wrong. That's important, but being this desperate to make her powers interesting and her badass ends up stagnating her character. This is especially prominent in the current run.
    I agree. Flaws are what makes characters interesting and when I thought about it Sue didn't really have any. Hopefully a writer see's what she lacks and tries to develop her.
    What flaws does everyone think she should have?