Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Check out my respect thread for Sue. I'm currently working on one for Johnny.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/invis...woman-2085726/
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 06-07-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Love it! It's really nice to see all the things Sue can do and some I'd not seen before. Like how you sepreated her feats into categories for easy reading, it must have taken quite a bit of time and effort.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Lol, I figured. At least they didn't go with the theory that Johnny is really her son from a previous affair with Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    I love that! Thank you for putting in the effort to catalogue Sue's power feats. Can't wait for Johnny's.

BANNED

Love it! It's really nice to see all the things Sue can do and some I'd not seen before. Like how you sepreated her feats into categories for easy reading, it must have taken quite a bit of time and effort.
    Thanks, It did take quite a while but I was pretty bored with the whole Covid 19 lock down and all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I love that! Thank you for putting in the effort to catalogue Sue's power feats. Can't wait for Johnny's.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It's going to take a while to finish Johnny's but I'll share the link on Johnny and the FF's appreciation threads when I'm done.

Empyre #2 variant by Michael Cho

I know what variant I'll be getting...

BANNED

Empyre #2 variant by Michael Cho

I know what variant I'll be getting...
    It looks gorgeous!

Mighty Member

I thought the "girl" thing was because, like "man", it's one syllable, and maybe wriers and editors thought it sounded better than the two-syllable "woman" (at least back in those days).

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I thought the "girl" thing was because, like "man", it's one syllable, and maybe wriers and editors thought it sounded better than the two-syllable "woman" (at least back in those days).
    But the same thing could be said for boy and why couldn't Peter Parker or Bobby Drake be called Spider-Boy and Iceboy, particularly Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    But the same thing could be said for boy and why couldn't Peter Parker or Bobby Drake be called Spider-Boy and Iceboy, particularly Bobby.
    Bobby, especially fits because the X-Men were pushed as teens for a while. The heading above their title read "The Strangest TEENS of All".

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Bobby, especially fits because the X-Men were pushed as teens for a while. The heading above their title read "The Strangest TEENS of All".
    Exactly, especially since Jean as Marvel Girl was older than him (Beast was the oldest, Angel, Jean, and Cyclops were in the middle at the same age, and Iceman the youngest). Another example I realized is Spider-Girl. I think she was the same age as her father Peter Parker when she became Spider-Girl but she took the codename "girl" instead of Spider-Woman whereas Peter was automatically Spider-Man and never Spider-Boy. It wasn't until the last few years that she finally upgraded to Spider-Woman.

I hope that a writer comes along and gives Sue personality traits and quirks other than being a mother. I think that is the biggest remaining issue with the character. She has grown a lot in terms of power and confidence, but her personality remains very underdeveloped. Arguably, the most important aspect to making a character interesting has barely developed for Sue. That needs to change.
    I can't name her sense of humour, her interests, likes, or anything outside of the family. I can do that for the other three but not for Sue.

I don't see the current FF writer doing this as he doesn't seem interested in using her tbh. She hasn't really done anything in over 20 issues so there's no hope there. Hopefully another writer comes along to give her the development she needs.

I don’t think it’s just Sue that is left a blankish slate.

I actually think most comic characters are left fairly undeveloped...because once you start giving definite personality traits some part of fan base is upset.

Make Reed or Tony a republican for example...I can imagine reaction on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I don’t think it’s just Sue that is left a blankish slate.

I actually think most comic characters are left fairly undeveloped...because once you start giving definite personality traits some part of fan base is upset.

Make Reed or Tony a republican for example...I can imagine reaction on these boards.
    Some things will always be left vague, but he still has many more traits than Sue. I can name his interests, close friends outside of the team, humour, and other qualities. The same with Ben and Johnny. But Sue is the only one where she has nothing outside of being a mother.