Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

I want Sue to have a single ability/change in body that the others have. Sue can bend light around herself making herself invisible to anyone's eyes. In a way, that's kind of like a force field stopping light from actually touching her body. That makes sense to me in that she doesn't have two unrelated powers, but instead two resulting abilities connected with her rocket ride souvenir. If we think of the invisibilty as stopping light or radiation along the electro-magnetic spoectrum and her force field as stopping matter, the two, to me anyway, seem connected enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I want Sue to have a single ability/change in body that the others have. Sue can bend light around herself making herself invisible to anyone's eyes. In a way, that's kind of like a force field stopping light from actually touching her body. That makes sense to me in that she doesn't have two unrelated powers, but instead two resulting abilities connected with her rocket ride souvenir. If we think of the invisibilty as stopping light or radiation along the electro-magnetic spoectrum and her force field as stopping matter, the two, to me anyway, seem connected enough.
    Reminds me of this:

(Start from the 5:30 mark)

That means her powers are the force-fields and her invisibility is a different application of them. That would explain why ahs struggled to be both invisible and use her force-fields in the early days. When she learned to create multiple force-fields, she also managed to be invisible at the same time as using them.
    Her enhanced sight and sensitivity to invisible things and other force-fields can be explained that it's so that she can see her force-fields. Her senses changed so can she see/sense her power and being able to see other invisible things is simply a benefit of that.

To make it work I'd also add that her force-fields effect things on the EM spectrum naturally, but her control over it allows her to defect things outside of that. That's where my frequency/vibration thing comes in. She unconsciously changes characteristics of her force-field to protect/effect different things, but that can be overwhelmed. As time has gone on and she's trained more and more, she can consciously change her force-fields to deflect things they weren't capable of in the early days.

Her now being able to be invisible to radar can also be explained if her powers are just the force-fields.

TL;DR - The force-fields being the only power can work.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Also her cells may also have aspects of whatever her force-fields are made of. That might explain why her organs and things disappear whenever her powers are tampered with like in Road Trip. It never made sense to me why her powers would kill her in stories like Road Trip. At most she'd just be invisible forever, which is terrible but not life-threatening. If her cells are comprised of the same energy as her force-fields it explains why it's just as dangerous for her powers to go haywire. Body parts would disappear from reality just like her force-fields whenever she stops thinking about them.

The reason why she could only turn herself invisible in the early days could be as simple as she could only effect the energy in her own cells back then, but later on she could also manipulate that energy outside of her body.
    I also like the idea of the Storm siblings being comprised of energy, but two different types of energy in two different ways.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-06-2020 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Also her cells may also have aspects of whatever her force-fields are made of. That might explain why her organs and things disappear whenever her powers are tampered with like in Road Trip. It never made sense to me why her powers would kill her in stories like Road Trip. At most she'd just be invisible forever, which is terrible but not life-threatening. If her cells are comprised of the same energy as her force-fields it explains why it's just as dangerous for her powers to go haywire. Body parts would disappear from reality just like her force-fields whenever she stops thinking about them.

The reason why she could only turn herself invisible in the early days could be as simple as she could only effect the energy in her own cells back then, but later on she could also manipulate that energy outside of her body.
    I also like the idea of the Storm siblings being comprised of energy, but two different types of energy in two different ways.
    Sue's powers going out of control and killing her could be a result of something as simple as Unus' first appearance where Beast increased his powers and he couldn't touch anything. If Sue was unable to access air, or if her body's systems were cut off form each other (no brain signals to the body, no blood flow, etc), that could easily be fatal. All those times Sue gets bad-@$$ and threatens to put little force field pellets in someone's body might just be the way this kills her when powers are out of control.

My theory is that Sue's powers are a "weaker" variant of Franklin's reality warping.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Really? I always thought her force fields were channelled from a dimension in Hyperspace and never really thought her invisibility was also connected to Hyperspace.

Attachment 102850
    Another ability of Sue I discovered today was that she can apparently sense fields created by other sources, which is interesting and once again connected to your frequency theory. Sue's powers (especially her force field generation) has no much potential and are so unique.
    Where did you learn this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    My theory is that Sue's powers are a "weaker" variant of Franklin's reality warping.

Where did you learn this?
    I read about it in FF Vol 1. #333 where Ultron attacks the FF.

BANNED

Reminds me of this:

(Start from the 5:30 mark)

That means her powers are the force-fields and her invisibility is a different application of them. That would explain why ahs struggled to be both invisible and use her force-fields in the early days. When she learned to create multiple force-fields, she also managed to be invisible at the same time as using them.
    Her enhanced sight and sensitivity to invisible things and other force-fields can be explained that it's so that she can see her force-fields. Her senses changed so can she see/sense her power and being able to see other invisible things is simply a benefit of that.

To make it work I'd also add that her force-fields effect things on the EM spectrum naturally, but her control over it allows her to defect things outside of that. That's where my frequency/vibration thing comes in. She unconsciously changes characteristics of her force-field to protect/effect different things, but that can be overwhelmed. As time has gone on and she's trained more and more, she can consciously change her force-fields to deflect things they weren't capable of in the early days.

Her now being able to be invisible to radar can also be explained if her powers are just the force-fields.

TL;DR - The force-fields being the only power can work.
    Originally Sue's force fields were actually her invisibility projected as a field that's why she couldn't use her force field while invisible and in the Marvel Knights 4 comics Sue would always refer to her force fields as "a mass of invisibility" or a "sphere of invisibility" plus Sue could also create "invisible force screens" that would make anything behind them or inside them invisible, so I think some writers definitely made her invisibility and force fields one thing.

IMG_20201207_013227.jpg
    This part from Sue's latest Handbook Writeup goes well with your theory. sometimes it's so difficult to explain to people that Sue's force fields can allow stuff like air, sound, light, ect through but she can also block them if she wants to.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 12-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've thought the same thing, especially with the stuff Hyperstorm alluded to in regards to her potential.

Originally Sue's force fields were actually her invisibility projected as a field that's why she couldn't use her force field while invisible and in the Marvel Knights 4 comics Sue would always refer to her force fields as "a mass of invisibility" or a "sphere of invisibility" plus Sue could also create "invisible force screens" that would make anything behind them or inside them invisible, so I think some writers definitely made her invisibility and force fields one thing.

IMG_20201207_013227.jpg
    This part from Sue's latest Handbook Writeup goes well with your theory. sometimes it's so difficult to explain to people that Sue's force fields can allow stuff like air, sound, light, ect through but she can also block them if she wants to.
    Yeah I remember when her force-field was projected invisibility which makes no sense unless her invisibility is some form of energy. I like to combine it with the hyperspace theory and say that the energy for both powers derive from hyperspace.
    Seriously, the FF need to go on an adventure to that plane as I think it would be really interesting for both Sue and Franklin as I think his powers are like hers but magnified greatly.

Another thing, Sue might be more proficient in martial arts than first realized. With the secret SHIELD agent thing, she has likely had tons of SHIELD training over the years which means she should be even more of a competent fighter in hand-to-hand combat. It would be nice to see whenever the FF have one of those power loss stories they tend to have.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-06-2020 at 10:17 PM.

BANNED

If a writer would ever let Sue go to the Dimension her powers come from and really explore them a bit more, it'll be a dream come true.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 12-07-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Just makes sense to me. Back around vol. 1 # 190s Molecule Man (possessing Reed's body) said that her field has no true molecular structure (which I don't think has ever been taken back) and I rather think this energy, from hyperspace or wherever, does all those things, in tandem or as you say "resulting abilities".
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I read about it in FF Vol 1. #333 where Ultron attacks the FF.
    Sue has turned the invisible (other's abilities or cloaking devices) to visible and has unmade other's force fields.

But Sue knows that her fields can penetrate Doom's personal field generator and has threatened to use it.

I also like the idea/theory that more or less a variant or smaller version of Franklin's reality warping powers, hmmmm, child born of her and Reed and also subjected to that Cosmic Power rod thing. Anyway, that too makes sense.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I've thought the same thing, especially with the stuff Hyperstorm alluded to in regards to her potential.

Yeah I remember when her force-field was projected invisibility which makes no sense unless her invisibility is some form of energy. I like to combine it with the hyperspace theory and say that the energy for both powers derive from hyperspace.
    Seriously, the FF need to go on an adventure to that plane as I think it would be really interesting for both Sue and Franklin as I think his powers are like hers but magnified greatly.

Another thing, Sue might be more proficient in martial arts than first realized. With the secret SHIELD agent thing, she has likely had tons of SHIELD training over the years which means she should be even more of a competent fighter in hand-to-hand combat. It would be nice to see whenever the FF have one of those power loss stories they tend to have.
    Sue has taken training, on panel, from Ironfist and most likely others. She is involved with SHIELD and also the women's group in Captain America recently, which has mostly very skilled hand to hand types. It is very likely that Sue has always had access to the training and work involved.

Just another another ignore or not emphasized enough skill set.
    ~ Oberon ~

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sue has taken training, on panel, from Ironfist and most likely others. She is involved with SHIELD and also the women's group in Captain America recently, which has mostly very skilled hand to hand types. It is very likely that Sue has always had access to the training and work involved.

Just another another ignore or not emphasized enough skill set.
    Writers have given Sue a reasonable amount of martial arts training and talents. She obviously no Electra or Iron Fist, but she can certainly operate on a higher level. What were her last stats for her fighting ability?

Anyway, with Sue, the hand to hand ability takes a back seat to her powers. It's like having a Lamborghini and saying it has a nice stereo system.

BANNED

Writers have given Sue a reasonable amount of martial arts training and talents. She obviously no Electra or Iron Fist, but she can certainly operate on a higher level. What were her last stats for her fighting ability?

Anyway, with Sue, the hand to hand ability takes a back seat to her powers. It's like having a Lamborghini and saying it has a nice stereo system.
    IMG_20201207_140011.jpg
    Her fighting skills stat is still a 3 (some training) but it could be a 4 (experienced fighter) if she used it more.

To my knowledge Sue has had training from Reed, Iron Fist, Johnny, Ben and She Hulk.

Personally for me it's better that Sue don't use her H2H skills too often since writers tend to go too far with it and next thing you see is Sue is trying to fight Terrax or Annihilus with martial arts, look at Elizabeth Braddock who is a powerful telekinetic and telepath but she only fights with her sword and H2H skills.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 12-07-2020 at 07:13 AM.

IMG_20201207_140011.jpg
    Her fighting skills stat is still a 3 (some training) but it could be a 4 (experienced fighter) if she used it more.

To my knowledge Sue has had training from Reed, Iron Fist, Johnny, Ben and She Hulk.

Personally for me it's better that Sue don't use her H2H skills too often since writers tend to go too far with it and next thing you see is Sue is trying to fight Terrax or Annihilus with martial arts, look at Elizabeth Braddock who is a powerful telekinetic and telepath but she only fights with her sword and H2H skills.
    I guess I always thought the point is, yeah Sue is no Captain America (and as a brief Avenger, she could have even reviewed his training tapes, or such)

but her invisibility and dexterity with force fields would up the ante with her H2H skills. Now this would be something interesting that might even require an artist/writer to think about.

I really liked Sue's ShIELD adventure solo and the way her powers were used differently but very realistically.
    ~ Oberon ~