Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Cool article! quote below:

I was told the Fantastic Four will be shown as existing in the past alongside Michael Douglas' Hank Pym and Michelle Pfeiffer's Wasp, meaning that they have been a part of the MCU since the beginning.

Over a year ago, longer, I had this idea myself. A story that retro introduces and explains why we haven't seen them.

My idea runs like this:

As part of Shield or whatever, they launch in November 1961 (of course!)

Since its retro, perhaps we can go back to a version of the original story - they're trying to reach the moon possibly.

But they find the moon already inhabited (duh!) - - by the Inhumans.

My story does a reverse of the classic story. Instead of FF revealing the Inhumans

Inhumans reveal the captured, frozen / suspended FF.

How they awaken and get away is another idea all together. But using Inhumans to 'pilot' the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Cool article! quote below:

I was told the Fantastic Four will be shown as existing in the past alongside Michael Douglas' Hank Pym and Michelle Pfeiffer's Wasp, meaning that they have been a part of the MCU since the beginning.

A Karl Malden voice for Ben would be great here. And yes, I'm aware of reality, but am ignoring it for the sake of a good joke.

I'm sure a credible actor/voice actor could do Malden's voice. Good call!

When some of this casting talk began, a few years ago, I rather thought Charlize Theron would be a most beautiful and capable Sue. Still do, though she is getting older, and Hollywood is bad with older women.

After I saw Quiet Place (?) a couple of summers ago, I began thinking Blount and her husband would fill the bill. Both capable actors and their chemistry would be very good for this role.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Yeah probably, but it would be a bummer since IMO Blunt would make a great Sue
    You're not alone in thinking that - people have been fancasting her as Sue for years.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're not alone in thinking that - people have been fancasting her as Sue for years.

Yup. There is a lot of fanart to support this. Haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If I'm being honest... And I know this is an unpopular opinion among many, but I'd really like Jessica Alba back, she would be a believable mother, she really seemed to like the character and I'm sure she'd be great with a better script than her two FF movies plus she just gives me loving and caring Sue vibes. If it makes sense.

I had no problem with the way she acted as Sue. Her acting was no worse or better than the other three, imo. But making her appear to be a blonde and with those damm cobalt blue eyes in Rise/Surfer, it was not natural to see her changed. I'm nearly positive that MCU will want Sue to remain as credible Blonde type.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I had no problem with the way she acted as Sue. Her acting was no worse or better than the other three, imo. But making her appear to be a blonde and with those damm cobalt blue eyes in Rise/Surfer, it was not natural to see her changed. I'm nearly positive that MCU will want Sue to remain as credible Blonde type.
    Yeah the eyes and hair was terrible in the second film but I think the MCU might diverse at least one of Reed, Sue or Johhny or even Sue and Johnny

Yeah, can't assume they'll be faithful to the comics. Scott Lang is usually a redhead and Cassie a blonde - both are brunette in the MCU. Heimdall was race changed from white to black. Same technically goes for Nick Fury, but the Ultimate comics did that one first. They did have the actors for Black Widow and Pepper Potts dye their hair to match the comics though. All of this proves that they cast on ability over appearance. So the actors who end up playing Sue and Johnny won't necessarily have blonde hair and blue eyes. I do think they'll avoid making Johnny black though, so as to avoid direct comparisons to Fant4stic.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-04-2020 at 07:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I won't mind any possible race changes for the MCU film. As the films are an alt reality and I treat it the same as alt realities in the comics. Things can and will be different. As long as they get the spirit of the characters right and it's a great film, then I'm happy.
    I've seen Blunt fancasted as Sue so many times it's kind of bored me to the idea. I'm definitely sure she'd be great, but it feels very uninspired too.

X-Men/Fantastic Four tomorrow! I hope Sue is great in that book. The current main Fantastic Four book just has her there barely doing anything which has been my worry since the announcement of the team coming back. It's coming up to two years and nothing important or interesting has been done with her. Thankfully we had her mini, but the main book should do better. You can really tell which characters the writer really cares about, just give him a Ben solo and give the main book to someone else.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-04-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I won't mind any possible race changes for the MCU film. As the films are an alt reality and I treat it the same as alt realities in the comics. Things can and will be different. As long as they get the spirit of the characters right and it's a great film, then I'm happy.
    I've seen Blunt fancasted as Sue so many times it's kind of bored me to the idea. I'm definitely sure she'd be great, but it feels very uninspired too.

X-Men/Fantastic Four tomorrow! I hope Sue is great in that book. The current main Fantastic Four book just has her there barely doing anything which has been my worry since the announcement of the team would coming back. It's coming up to two years and nothing important or interesting has been done with her. Thankfully we had her mini, but the main book should do better. You can really tell which characters the writer really cares about, just give him a Ben solo and give the main book to someone else.
    Damn I thought I was the only one that thought Ben had to much plots

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Damn I thought I was the only one that thought Ben had to much plots
    I like that it's not Reed getting all the focus for once, but there needs to be more of a balance. Johnny is now getting some focus too which is good, but should have happened issues ago imo. Plus I can see plot threads being set-up for everyone except Sue.

Ben with his new status quo as a married man
    Reed/Franklin and their business with the Griever is sure to come back. Plus whatever ramifications are to come from the current arc.
    Johnny and his romantic life

Sue feels more like a supporting character.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

I like that it's not Reed getting all the focus for once, but there needs to be more of a balance. Johnny is now getting some focus too which is good, but should have happened issues ago imo. Plus I can see plot threads being set-up for everyone except Sue.

Ben with his new status quo as a married man
    Reed/Franklin and their business with the Griever is sure to come back. Plus whatever ramifications are to come from the current arc.
    Johnny and his romantic life

First Ben had his wedding which was handled in multiple issues, it even got a oneshot book, than Ben had the honeymoon for 2 issues now it's sorta time for Reed and Johnny but Ben also has a secondary plot, plus Ben was the only FF member not infected and therefore not completely removed from the story in the first issue of that Contagion event and funny enough Sue and Reed where the ones gone for years after Secret Wars
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 02-05-2020 at 08:11 AM.

BANNED

Sue was so fierce and powerful in X+F #1. They nailed the character IMO.
    IMG_20200205_143807.jpg
    From the the Director's cut

As I was reading the people I was with wanted to know what was so funny, because I was all smiles at how badass Sue was, but I couldn't even explain to them why I was smiling. Lol.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 02-05-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Mighty Member

Sue is outright pathetic in the main book. Her greatest feats are blocking and making stuff invisible.

Meanwhile, Sue everywhere else is altering light and throwing things several times her weight at other characters. In comparison, it feels like a Super-Skrull with zero idea of how to use's her powers took Sue's place in the main book.