Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 146
  1. #76
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,732

    Default

    Loved Sue in 4X. Her being angry was understandable, my only gripe is that she and Franklin didn't talk. I think many things could have been averted if they did as she understood where he was coming from.

    I'm really intrigued by the Godpower thing. That has interesting possibilities and I think that could tie into Sue's hyperspace connection. That's theorized to be the source of her powers and could be her "Godpower" source.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  2. #77

    Default

    Sue more or less kicking Magneto's ass was a total power move I appreciated them showing what a badass she was. I do agree that I wish she had a scene with Franklin. Hopefully we'll see more of that in future issues.

  3. #78
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,039

    Default

    What do you think of the retcon to Sue's life before the Fantastic Four? Turns out she was a soccer player until she got an injury. That would've been impossible in the 1950s (when she would've been a teen originally) but is certainly plausible for the 90s or 2000s, so it's a clear case of modernisation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #79

    Default

    At first, I was slightly disappointed in how quick Sue was to "throw the first punch" and allow herself to be goaded by Magneto. However, after giving things some further thought and really letting the events of this issue settle in, I am super excited that Sue was taking no crap from anyone and sticking up for her family.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 02-05-2020 at 11:07 AM.

  5. #80
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    I dont know a lot about sue, but she always seemed super cool from a distance, meaning witout even reading too much about her I always liked her
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-05-2020 at 11:28 AM.

  6. #81
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,832

    Default

    I was watching f4 with jessica alba and was curious did you guys like this depiction of her?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  7. #82
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was watching f4 with jessica alba and was curious did you guys like this depiction of her?
    Nope. She was poorly acted the entire time, and the attempt at fan service was really, really obvious. I believe Jessica Alba said that scenes were reshot so she could be depicted sexier.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was watching f4 with jessica alba and was curious did you guys like this depiction of her?
    I have mixed feelings. I liked the writing for Sue in the first F4 more than the second one. Jessica played the caring 'partner/sister/team mom' role well, but I don't think she had the same undercurrent of strength we see more and more in modern writing. That being said, the hair and eyes they did with the second movie also didn't do her any favors. It was bad.

  9. #84
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    16,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Nope. She was poorly acted the entire time, and the attempt at fan service was really, really obvious. I believe Jessica Alba said that scenes were reshot so she could be depicted sexier.
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I have mixed feelings. I liked the writing for Sue in the first F4 more than the second one. Jessica played the caring 'partner/sister/team mom' role well, but I don't think she had the same undercurrent of strength we see more and more in modern writing. That being said, the hair and eyes they did with the second movie also didn't do her any favors. It was bad.
    thanks guys. the hair in the second one was jarringly off. I couldnt tell first sure but the first few scenes of her looked like a really bad wig.

    so same question but about the reboot. I didnt see this one but was sue better to guys in this one?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #85
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    At first, I was slightly disappointed in how quick Sue was to "throw the first punch" and allow herself to be goaded by Magneto. However, after giving things some further thought and really letting the events of this issue settle in, I am super excited that Sue was taking no crap from anyone and sticking up for her family.
    There's a history there.



    and that's not even getting into the whole Onslaught story.

  11. #86
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There's a history there.



    and that's not even getting into the whole Onslaught story.
    Interesting how things change over time. Not sure we would ever see Sue trapped in a glass cylinder these days! (Especially not looking terrifed while 4 men rush to free her!)

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,732

    Default

    I forgot to mention I loved the story of Sue playing "soccer" when she was growing up. Writers have neglected giving her interests and her childhood for so long that's it's really nice to have something even if it's a small story she tells.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  13. #88
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I forgot to mention I loved the story of Sue playing "soccer" when she was growing up. Writers have neglected giving her interests and her childhood for so long that's it's really nice to have something even if it's a small story she tells.
    The story was great in that it fed directly into Franklin's situation. It wasn't just added in, but it was part of the overall story. The development is also a nice balance between a meaningful (for Sue) experience and an extraordinary feat. Sue was the star of a HS soccer team. Big for her, but in the realm of the world, not so much. Nicely done.

    As to relationships, Sue and Ben probably now have more in common than just Reed. That's a good thing. It adds to the team dynamic and Sue and Ben may understand each other better.

  14. #89

    Default

    Check out my 2020 High-Tier Festival CaV on Comic Vine with Sue, Wonder Woman and Moonstone (My Team) vs Annihilus, Nova and Mysterio for anyone that's interested.

    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...vs-sc-2067216/

  15. #90
    Fantastic Member Grim Fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    322

    Default



    By Jeff Dekal

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •