Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really liked this ArtGem variant cover of Fantastic Four #1 for the relaunch

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's pretty much a comics problem. There was this created by someone who I am unable to properly credit.

I remember that from a LONG Time ago....

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's pretty much a comics problem. There was this created by someone who I am unable to properly credit.

The problem is the lack of distinctive features. Only the best comic artists are able to diversify their drawings, the most of them develop routines and it's hard to escape from them, once installed.

Hence the importance of costumes…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The problem is the lack of distinctive features. Only the best comic artists are able to diversify their drawings, the most of them develop routines and it's hard to escape from them, once installed.

Hence the importance of costumes…
    Exactly. There are identifying features for each characters and with so many similar looking characters, they easily blend in with each other.

Or at least give them a different haircut.

I like those ladies with long hair, so I'd rather just differentiate them with costumes and different fashion senses, but I understand the issue.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Don't forget about Spider-Man .

Sue has it all. She consistently shows her powers are just quite strong. I haven't seen this yet; does she get to go against Jean or other telepaths?

I think the point is, her motherly concern outweighs most practical considerations - she just goes Omega in her own way.

Sue has more to do with Franklin being Omega level than we may have realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Maximoff View Post
    Attachment 93402
    The FF joins MUA 3 on the 26th of March.
    Wonder what Sue will be like, back in UA1 she was rather gimmicky, most of her moveset was underwhelming, best thing she had was becoming invisible, which in some ways was overpowered, but kinda boring to use, in UA2 she was more interesting, with powerful striking moves, a move to paralyse normal enemies, and her invisibility, which you could use alongside her charbeable move or her normals (Which were pretty fast), she was pretty fun there, even if there wasn't much reason to pick her over Jean (Jean did basically the same thing, only better, lack of invisibility only mattered on the final level when some pretty overpowered enemies showed up, which is where Sue really shined since she had a rather easy time there, but for the rest of the game Jean was the better choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't forget about Spider-Man .
    Man, original Secret Wars was almost 40 years ago, let it go, don't think Spidey slapped X-Men around like he did back then .

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Sue has it all. She consistently shows her powers are just quite strong. I haven't seen this yet; does she get to go against Jean or other telepaths?
    Back in Byrne's run, when Jean was being resurrected, she had a brief scuffle with Jean, though I don't think Jean used Telepathy, or she did and Sue blocked it, somehow lol.

No, Sue just blocked Jean by putting an Invisible Force Field around Jean.

This was a very confused Jean who had just awoken from a 5-yr long nap and was realizing for the first time, that something was not quite right with herself and the people around her. Jean's TP was not active at that time.

So when Jean tried to move things, she did not, because of Sue's Invisible field that Jean was unaware of being there. Perhaps if Jean was aware of it and that Sue was Sue, it would have worked out differently...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

I think the point is, her motherly concern outweighs most practical considerations - she just goes Omega in her own way.

Sue has more to do with Franklin being Omega level than we may have realized.
    If Sue wanted to be really ruthless she has other ways to use her force field that can be pretty deadly. She can also simulate flight with it.

BANNED

IMG_20200301_220723.jpg
    IMG_20200301_221431.jpg
    Sometimes Sue can really surprise me with her resourcefulness and creativity.
    Last edited by Billy Maximoff; 03-03-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I wish Jan would return to New York so that she and Sue can resume their gal pal time.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I wish Jan would return to New York so that she and Sue can resume their gal pal time.
    I'd love to see this as well, but primarily to pair a more confident and liberated Sue and Jan together as opposed to the more sexist tones of a half-century ago. Sue and Jan have both grown immensely over the decades and have passed far beyond being the "girl" of a team.