Default Garfield Spiderman vs Raimi Villains

The latest movie incarnation of Spiderman faces each of the villains from the Raimi movies. Battles take place in New York City. How does he fare against:

A. The Green Goblin (Norman)

B. Dr. Octopus

C. Venom

E. Sandman

F. The Green Goblin (Harry)

Norman = I guess Garfield could take it in a hard fought battle.

Ock = Leaning towards Ock.

Venom = I guess Venom takes it if Garfield doesn't figure out his sonic weakness.

Sandman = He has no way of hurting the guy, especially in his giant form. Sandy takes it.

Harry = This one should be quite easy for Garfield, Harry wasn't that impressive.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The latest movie incarnation of Spiderman faces each of the villains from the Raimi movies. Battles take place in New York City. How does he fare against:

A. The Green Goblin (Norman)

B. Dr. Octopus

C. Venom

E. Sandman

F. The Green Goblin (Harry)
    I've been more impressed with Garfield's feats what with catching cars and dodging machine gun fire. I would say the only one he is not beating is sandman. Raimi's spiderman didn't even beat him. Sandman sorta gave up at the end.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'll bet on Venom and Sandman winning.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Garfield seems faster while MacGuire was stronger. And both are pretty significantly above the other in their respective advantage.

The speed probably makes him enough to take down Green Goblin, New Goblin and maybe Doc Ock(depending on whether or not you go with the theory that Doc Ock only took body shots from Spidey cause Spidey was holding back, or if you believe he was really that tough, enhanced by the tentacles or something).

But I really don't think he has enough power to really hurt Venom or Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The speed probably makes him enough to take down Green Goblin, New Goblin and maybe Doc Ock(depending on whether or not you go with the theory that Doc Ock only took body shots from Spidey cause Spidey was holding back, or if you believe he was really that tough, enhanced by the tentacles or something).
    Ock was that tough. Remember the bank scene?

Dude got smacked in the face by a desk, launched across the bank, out a window and into the side of a car and shrugged it off.
    I say it was the nanomachines in his system.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

All-New Member

tobey spiderman stopped a train so i doubt they can compare physically.
    octavius has good durability feats, even if its a bit of a plothole.
    all the hits tobey landed on him didnt really do much, and he probably would have killed him if may didnt hit him in the face.
    sandman speaks for himself. immune to everything except water. he can suffocate andrew with a cloud of sand.
    norman and harry can take a hit but can be eventually overpowered if they are repeatedly knocked around on walls and cars.