Page 10 of 123 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A fan on Twitter made this Namor MCU poster. link

This. Is. Gorgeous.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

I really hate to be negative about another character's good fortune ... but it does rankle. It's like Marvel has just given up and handed over the space of it's first superhero, and the original sea prince!

Especially when I read this blurb, which sounds a lot like Roxxon, Suma Ket / Serpent Crown, and Byrrah.
    I really want to know what's going on in the heads of the people that keep refusing to build Namor's brand or give him anything. Like seriously I've had my suspicions that someone at Marvel has been holding Namor back and had hoped that with them now (possibly) regaining rights then it would be better. I do see the similarities now that you mentioned it and honestly Aquaman has taken so much from Namor over the years that its just frustrating to see him do it again. ):
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This. Is. Gorgeous.
    So awesome!!! UncannyKnack (the artist) is always great!!!!

Mighty Member

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

I really hate to be negative about another character's good fortune ... but it does rankle. It's like Marvel has just given up and handed over the space of it's first superhero, and the original sea prince!

Especially when I read this blurb, which sounds a lot like Roxxon, Suma Ket / Serpent Crown, and Byrrah.
    So sad that Aquaman keeps his copy of Dorma & Vashti and promotes them on an animated show as original while Namor's original cast remains dead, and Namor himself is relegated to guest star in other titles. If they have really acquired the full rights to the character I hope they make something so good it surpass the copy.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

It is annoying how Marvel seems to have given up on Namor since DC got a jump on them by introducing Aquaman to the DC movie universe. I have to admit they did a good job too, probably because he's not the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon look alike as he was for many years in the comics. DC really lifted the Namor look you guys mentioned from the Namor done by Byrne and Jae Lee when he had amnesia

Agreed. Clearly you already know this, but Namor does have several slight advantages in his favor. That should definitely count for something.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I sure hope they start developing things soon. I don't want to be senile when it finally happens!

Atlantis Attacks #1 comic preview is here! link

Thought I would share a link to this fan art where Spock takes on a certain look from our favorite sea king

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thought I would share a link to this fan art where Spock takes on a certain look from our favorite sea king : D
    That's cool! Though the only time I could see Spock wearing it would be in Pon Farr. LOL!

I'm pretty sure this was inspired by the commissioned Phoenix Namor statue that has been posted here in various stages. Here's the finished commission, in several slides, and it is AWESOME.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7XDXRjj..._web_copy_link

Some of my favorite pics, though there's plenty more, including close ups of the rather harsh face.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Atlantis Attacks #1 comic preview is here! link

Next week! Can't wait.

Though, I have to wonder about the article writer.

Namor’s recent heel turn continues in next week’s “Atlantis Attacks,” unlike Marvel’s 1989 crossover event of the same name, where he allied with humanity to prevent an Atlantean-Lemurian alliance from taking over the world.
    Seriously? Namor's a heel for taking action because surface people keep invading Atlantis and stealing from them ... again? At least Greg Pak is showing WHY Namor is attacking.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Not sure if this is an actual statue or a 3d model, but I like it! It's a custom statue based off David Finch's Invaders cover by Alpha3Custom.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5d8T8cj..._web_copy_link

Ah, here's the inspiration. A variant cover for Steve Rogers Super Soldier #1.

That's cool! Though the only time I could see Spock wearing it would be in Pon Farr. LOL!

I'm pretty sure this was inspired by the commissioned Phoenix Namor statue that has been posted here in various stages. Here's the finished commission, in several slides, and it is AWESOME.

Some of my favorite pics, though there's plenty more, including close ups of the rather harsh face.
    Yes! I checked their blog and they did use it as a reference for the art. lol, I agree that seems like the best time Spock would wear something like that.

Not sure if this is an actual statue or a 3d model, but I like it! It's a custom statue based off David Finch's Invaders cover by Alpha3Custom.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5d8T8cj..._web_copy_link

Ah, here's the inspiration. A variant cover for Steve Rogers Super Soldier #1.
    Ahhh I'm in love, I really love it when statues have him in his iconic look. This looks wonderful.

Someone on twitter brought up the idea of Namor/Ororo in the main comics and while I thought they were very cute in that AU comic and think that they have a good respect for each other, I just feel that Namor needs to stay away from any mention of T'challa or Wakanda, and I feel like if Namor and Ororo were paired together it would seem like Namor is "stealing" Ororo from T'challa even though the two characters have been divorced for years now. I get very tired of Namor being saddled with the "woman/wife stealer" and "homewrecker" labels. What do you all think?

Mighty Member

Someone on twitter brought up the idea of Namor/Ororo in the main comics and while I thought they were very cute in that AU comic and think that they have a good respect for each other, I just feel that Namor needs to stay away from any mention of T'challa or Wakanda, and I feel like if Namor and Ororo were paired together it would seem like Namor is "stealing" Ororo from T'challa even though the two characters have been divorced for years now. I get very tired of Namor being saddled with the "woman/wife stealer" and "homewrecker" labels. What do you all think?
    As much as I like the idea of an Ororo / Namor pairing you have a point there with the "homewrecker" label and bringing possible conflict with Black Panther that in the end simply makes Namor look bad and possibly even loose Ororo as a writer may decide to simply fix the couple.