Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Atlanteans and other underwater types, in my mind, must have some residual DNA imprints from either Eternals or Inhumans, which are long-lived variations of course. Would explain why Namor seems eternally young when he either is or is near 100.
    I personally think its just the Atlanteans who are long lived, I don't like when Marvel tries to tie them up with the Kree, Skrulls, Inhumans, Eternals because I feel like the Atlanteans predate all the cosmic stuff. Atlantis was the most advanced place in the world eons ago and they had their own sciences and magic. I really just want Atlanteans to have a strong connection to earth and the seas without cosmic stuff.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I also just have to post this page here, I love it when Namor uses his battle cry XD

Ok so Namor will be in a flashback in Captain Marvel #24, as well as more Ove, art by Belen Ortega

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I personally think its just the Atlanteans who are long lived, I don't like when Marvel tries to tie them up with the Kree, Skrulls, Inhumans, Eternals because I feel like the Atlanteans predate all the cosmic stuff. Atlantis was the most advanced place in the world eons ago and they had their own sciences and magic. I really just want Atlanteans to have a strong connection to earth and the seas without cosmic stuff.
    Yes, I agree.

Atlanteans are supposed to be long-lived. Just how long....? I thought I once read long ago something like 100+ years, 122-150 for longer-lived Atlanteans. Namor is approaching 100 now. Being a unique mutant, Namor might be able to survive to 200 years. I also think the Inhumans are about 122-150 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I agree.

Atlanteans are supposed to be long-lived. Just how long....? I thought I once read long ago something like 100+ years, 122-150 for longer-lived Atlanteans. Namor is approaching 100 now. Being a unique mutant, Namor might be able to survive to 200 years. I also think the Inhumans are about 122-150 as well.
    In Sub-Mariner Snapshot we see Namor say his grandfather was 600 at the time, so the possibility of Namor living to thousand isn't totally out there when combined with his mutantism.

In Sub-Mariner Snapshot we see Namor say his grandfather was 600 at the time, so the possibility of Namor living to thousand isn't totally out there when combined with his mutantism.

Thanks for sharing those pics, ImperiusWrecked! I never saw that before or even heard about Namor's grandfather living at 600. As Namor says, half or maybe double that age is possible. Wow, another power for Namor! He does have some level of longevity. And I love that it was established before and not just some new addition.
    s

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for sharing those pics, ImperiusWrecked! I never saw that before or even heard about Namor's grandfather living at 600. As Namor says, half or maybe double that age is possible. Wow, another power for Namor! He does have some level of longevity. And I love that it was established before and not just some new addition.
    s
    In Sub-Mariner Comics #36 (1954) it was definitely established that Namor has immortality, not saying he can't die but just that he lives longer for sure. I also love when current canon expands on things from the past!

Benjamin Dewey just dropped another sneak peak it has a battle scene from the comic!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I need to find my gif of someone running around SCREAMING!!!

The battle scene extra Dewey posted is full of things I'm wondering about. Is it the Old Kings they are fighting with the squid heads? Is that an Aqueos with the sharp pointy teeth "overlooking" the battle? Is that magic or some sort of creature that is being used to 'zap' the giant squid? I love the squid riders!

These are too awesome! Good heavens, is that purple haired mohawk guy supposed to be teen Attuma???

I hope that is Lady Dorma in the first panel. Though, I could do without the head band / tiara. And I hope they aren't going to turn her into just a warrior.

Is that the Hypno Fish in that second panel? Awesome!

It's great to see Scarf's art for Namor too. Very moody. Sort of reminds me of Coker's work in the Pak short story or the Martinez story that was in ... Marvel Comics Presents? The one about Namor dealing with Nita's death in Civil War. I see he's going with the all black eyes though. Is that going to be Namor's official look now? We never did get an explanation for that in Zdarsky's book, either.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Each day my excitement grows!!! You know Rev I think that is Attuma and Dorma fighting alongside Namor, I did ask Busiek but he only said to we will find out next month, lol. I'm in torment, another month to go! I didn't even notice the hypnofish! Good eye.

Ok so more info about KiB:Namor! Busiek said in replies to some comments I made that we will have:
    - Namor
    - Dorma
    - Attuma
    - Swift Riders (5 women team)
    - Ambrose, a new male character
    I will update if we get any new info on plots/characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yep. Makes zero sense. Also, when are they going to cover up Conan??? Can we get that much attention for Namor in a speedo. I'd be perfectly happy with a couple of ongoing books, several oneshots, omnibus reprints galore, several movies.
    Marvel should have never stopped publishing Namor, at least out of respect that it was their first hero. All that push for Conan since the 70s when they had a perfect barbarian type hero in Namor with an even more interesting under water setting. I get that people like their pure barbarian set in the past and a non super hero etc. but you can tell almost any Conan type story with Namor. Nothing against Conan, I love the character but Namor is a much better character.

Ok so more info about KiB:Namor! Busiek said in replies to some comments I made that we will have:
    - Namor
    - Dorma
    - Attuma
    - Swift Riders (5 women team)
    - Ambrose, a new male character
    I will update if we get any new info on plots/characters.
    Just those first three character sold it for me and the art is pretty decent. Anatomy is kinda sketchy and loose but I like particularly his faces and expressions with the teenage Namor battle sequence.

any submariner mini series scheduled for 2021 yet?

Mighty Member

I was browsing Pluto TV and they were playing MTVs Floribama Shore last night and there is an actor in the cast that would be perfect as Namor. The guy is 6'2 1/2", built like a brick house and 25 years old. Jeremiah Buoni IMO this is how I see a Namor casting in the MCU that would align with the way I've always imagine Namor from the comics. This guy is a young actor, relatively unknown, with the perfect height, build and aesthetics that doesn't mind taking his shirt off.

I commissioned yet another art of Namor XD I loved this artists style!
    Prince Namor art by Ralph Drawson on twitter