Page 111 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1840

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm telling you!
    Your quote is soooo good, I think I will be using that whenever I can!! And I thank you again for the kind, kind words!

King in Black is about symbiote venom things, so I'm not sure why this happened so far in the past and what it means to that current storyline or Namor Now.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Seeing as this is Aaron writing, most likely Logan will somehow be able to beat a Phoenix Namor *rolls eyes*, I'm not fond of that Invaders art and it's been a while since I read it but iirc wasn't Namor away from water for some time? That could account for why Logan was able to hurt him so much.
    That's ok, a lot of Namor art gets posted here that I hate. We all have our favorites.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Your quote is soooo good, I think I will be using that whenever I can!! And I thank you again for the kind, kind words!
    Ha, ha! Yes, you should!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    King in Black is about symbiote venom things, so I'm not sure why this happened so far in the past and what it means to that current storyline or Namor Now.
    I stopped trying to make sense of Marvel's timeline. Just like power levels. I will always miss the silver age.

In the trailer for the Enter the Phoenix arc on Marvel's twitter is this scene of Wolverine vs Namor. I'm not looking forward to this event at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I stopped trying to make sense of Marvel's timeline. Just like power levels. I will always miss the silver age.
    Yes, I noticed that Marvel seems to be upping sone of the characters powers like the Hullks, Ghost Rider, Dracula and now the Venom symbiotes. But while they say the Phoenix Force is all-powerful, they give it to just anyone these days (!) and allow others to simply cast it away.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Jorge Molinam cover art for Captain Marvel #26, posting because of Ove!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Jorge Molinam cover art for Captain Marvel #26, posting because of Ove!

I wish that the woman with Thor's hammer was Brunhilde the Valkyrie, especially since this new character looks an awful lot like her.

Plus, yeah, I miss Brunhilde!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If it is not a spoiler, who is Ove??

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    If it is not a spoiler, who is Ove??
    Marvel has been teasing that Ove is the son of Namor and [redacted], but we fans all figured out it Ove's mother is most likely Amora the Enchantress, due to his Atlantean/Viking look with the beard and how his outfit has very close similarities to Amora's also in an interview it was said the artists couldn't put fur or anything on the outfit, because Ove needed to be able to swim. He is part of an Alternate Future Timeline that Captain Marvel is currently caught in, he appeared in the latest issue at the very last page. So we will know more about him in the future issues. Also other fans told me that Ove is a Scandinavian name, so Amora is very likely his mother.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Thanks.....that's a pairing I would be surprised to see.

One thing I always liked was that although Namor is not a (sea)god, he is right up there with Thor and Hercules who are considered gods. And Namor has more than just strength and durability like they do among his powers. Namor has also had to fight both without any magical weapons like both Thor and Hercules possess.

Now, if Ove is a son of Namor and Enchantress, he could be even stronger than Thor and Hercules. Ove also seems to carry a trident and so would have a weapon with which to counter Mjolnir and Mace.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    One thing I always liked was that although Namor is not a (sea)god, he is right up there with Thor and Hercules who are considered gods. And Namor has more than just strength and durability like they do among his powers. Namor has also had to fight both without any magical weapons like both Thor and Hercules possess.

Now, if Ove is a son of Namor and Enchantress, he could be even stronger than Thor and Hercules. Ove also seems to carry a trident and so would have a weapon with which to counter Mjolnir and Mace.
    I would say I see Namor as more of a demi-god, he is descendant from Neptune, so he does have that blood in him. I do think Ove would totally be more powerful, and from the comic it seems he has his mother's power to enchant people? we will see more with the upcoming comics I guess.

I never heard Namor referred to as a demi-god, not by Marvel, Namor or any Atlantean.

When fighting both Thor and Hercules, they would mention their godhood. Namor never mentioned anything about his and they seemed to deem him as a mortal, albeit an aquatic one.

That is why I always Marveled at how well Namor always held his own when fighting them!

I've mentioned before in the thread how I feel Namor is like a demi-god, as he is more akin to the actual mythic Achilles, Hercules or Perseus (where I also believe the winged feet were inspired from) and while neither of his parents were divine, his mother's bloodline is and the nature of his hybrid birth gave him his powers. It's very mythic is it's feel, and will always be far more interesting than Namor just being another mutant. (which I completely disregard in my own headcannon)