Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh! That cover is SO BEAUTIFUL. I cannot wait to see the interior art as well! Looking forward to seeing Ove in Captain Marvel too.
    This third issue makes me wonder about the Black Tide ... are they underwater symbiotes?

I do like the Molina covers for Captain Marvel. If I squint, I can imagine it's Namor. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    You are right. How come it is not "the mad surface world"? (There are soooo many mad and angry people top-side here!)

That cover is great artwork!

So true! To Namor and the Atlanteans, the pollution and the destruction of the planet through climate change must seem totally insane.

I don't know about the angry surface dwellers. There ARE alot of angry Atlanteans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So true! To Namor and the Atlanteans, the pollution and the destruction of the planet through climate change must seem totally insane.

I don't know about the angry surface dwellers. There ARE alot of angry Atlanteans.
    Well, those angry Atlanteans certainly have good reason!

But I meant if E-616 is anything like the real world--there are a lot of mad, angry people here in real world----there may be some on E-616 too. Not angry at Atlanteaans per say, just angry in general. With that anger, comes selfishness and self-centeredness. That could lead surface humans on E-616 to pollute the waters and not care. Hence, the angry Atlanteans.

I believe the difference is that Atlanteans feel like they and surface dwellers actually share the planet, where E-616 surface dwellers feel like they own the planet.

I found black and white original art for the new solicits covers!

https://twitter.com/PaulRENAUDart/st...980019717?s=20

https://twitter.com/jorge_molinam

Well, those angry Atlanteans certainly have good reason!

But I meant if E-616 is anything like the real world--there are a lot of mad, angry people here in real world----there may be some on E-616 too. Not angry at Atlanteaans per say, just angry in general. With that anger, comes selfishness and self-centeredness. That could lead surface humans on E-616 to pollute the waters and not care. Hence, the angry Atlanteans.

I believe the difference is that Atlanteans feel like they and surface dwellers actually share the planet, where E-616 surface dwellers feel like they own the planet.
    A very interesting point. We often see the Atlanteans, and Namor, expressing a desire to just be left alone. And yet, Namor realizes that they can't just separate themselves from the air breathers, precisely because of you said.

Hmmmmm.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm curious to hear your opinion on the Byrne Namor.

Is that the Annuals with the Rick Jones and Namor body switch? That was hilarious!
    I remember loving it when I was buying it off the racks, but it’s been awhile since I’ve read it. This was the era where Byrne could do no wrong in my eyes, from his Avengers work, to She-Hulk, Namor, I just devoured it all.

No, it’s Incredible Hulk 370-371. Absolutely gorgeous book, but all of the ex Defenders were killing it. Thomas’s Dr. Strange, PAD’s Hulk, Byrne’s Namor, and Starlin’s Silver Surfer were just creative masterpieces in the sea of Spider-Man, the Punisher, and Wolverine books.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 10-23-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Mike McKone is selling 99 bust arts of Namor by next Wednesday, here is the twitter post and link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

So much cool artwork. Glad to see Paul Renaud still drawing Namor, that's a cool cover. And McKone has certainly changed his Namor, I was a fan of his Exiles rendition of Namor but this one is very different.

And my favorite Defenders lineup has to be the big 4 plus Valkyrie and Hellcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    So much cool artwork. Glad to see Paul Renaud still drawing Namor, that's a cool cover. And McKone has certainly changed his Namor, I was a fan of his Exiles rendition of Namor but this one is very different.

What a great looking trio!

Hulk is massive! Doc is levitating, shouting, and ready to cast spells! Namor is very unusual looking but I love it! His passive face is different yet nice.

Would love to see Silver Surfer and Valkyrie in that group!

Mighty Member

Hulk is massive! Doc is levitating, shouting, and ready to cast spells! Namor is very unusual looking but I love it! His passive face is different yet nice.

That's because Namor is a Tarzan model kit turned into Namor. I still need to dedicate some time to finish him. One of these days I'll go back and fix the seams the wings and will change the face a bit.

Definitely my favorite roster, also. And that's a great set of the Defenders! I don't think I've ever seen that Namor statue.

Agreed on the Val statue. Now that I think about it, I don't think there are many Val statues. I know Bowen did a full size statue, but I don't recall there being a bust.

That's because Namor is a Tarzan model kit turned into Namor. I still need to dedicate some time to finish him. One of these days I'll go back and fix the seams the wings and will change the face a bit.

Oh wow! So, did you customize that Tarzan model, Thor-El? That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Mike McKone is selling 99 bust arts of Namor by next Wednesday, here is the twitter post and link

Gorgeous McKone bust! He does do a very sleek Namor, and this one is even snooty. LOL! A very swan like neck. It's a bit pricey for me, especially right now, when I'm trying to hang onto my pennies.

And McKone has certainly changed his Namor, I was a fan of his Exiles rendition of Namor but this one is very different.
    He's too skinny for your version of Namor, Thor-El! ;p But I think McKone's figure work has gotten much more slimmer for most characters. The Exiles and Big Time versions of Namor were much heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I remember loving it when I was buying it off the racks, but it’s been awhile since I’ve read it. This was the era where Byrne could do no wrong in my eyes, from his Avengers work, to She-Hulk, Namor, I just devoured it all.

No, it’s Incredible Hulk 370-371. Absolutely gorgeous book, but all of the ex Defenders were killing it. Thomas’s Dr. Strange, PAD’s Hulk, Byrne’s Namor, and Starlin’s Silver Surfer were just creative masterpieces in the sea of Spider-Man, the Punisher, and Wolverine books.
    Oh yes! The Armani Wearing Namor. And yes! That's a murderers' row of creatives! I was getting confused. The body swapping occurred in the annuals, IIRC.

I was the same, when I was buying it, except for the blood oxygen thing. I never liked that. But then the Jae Lee run came out. O_O

Oh my gosh! I had no idea Namor was really Tarzan, lol!

I do not know how you did it---but you did it! Wow, another great talent you possess! Not only does Namor not look like that mold or Tarzan, but it has a little look like you when you cosplay Namor! The skin tone is perfect!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Been working on my photoshop skills more and of course why not use it to make Daniel Henney have elf ears like Namor since he is one of my fancasts. lol

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis