Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1840
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thor the Mighty Avenger issue #5! I love that issue because the interaction with Jane and Namor is so sweet as they wait for Thor to return, Namor is a good wing man. lol

This is gold! Love this too!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Pagulayan is a great artist, wish he would do more work. But Namor with flowing hair takes so much from the character. There was something militaristic, stoic, strong and stern from the Sub-mariner that never had a hair out of place in his bullet, triangular or any weird shaped head style he may had that gets lost these days with nu-Namor and his flowing locks, even awful ponytail Namor kept this to some degree.
    He’s currently working on the main Batman book, alongside Guilliem March.

Namor always had hair that looked like hair, throughout the Golden Age, even at his most bizarre triangle headed look. It was still meant to look like hair, and even Everett had Namor's hair flowing underwater in the very first depictions. The bullet head look only worked for John Buscema because, well, he was John Buscema. Even then it really only made sense if Namor was out of water, it makes no sense underwater, unless he's moving at top speed.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He’s currently working on the main Batman book, alongside Guilliem March.
    I saw that the other day. And I really haven't seen Carlo doing anything at Marvel. These Atlantis Attacks covers were done at the beginning of the year, so I'm wondering if Carlo has moved on to DC? A sad loss for Marvel, if that's the case.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just spent all my budget on Namor! Why Comixology? WHY?
    Sorry, Thor-El.

At least there's a good chance we'll get another sale on Thor. I honestly can't remember ever having a sale on dedicated to Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Good Lord, what kind of drugs are the people at Marvel on these days?
    LOL!

So is that a commentary on the outfit or the idea?

Personally, I've thought Namor should be thinking / doing something about having a kid. I mean, he's the ruler of a hereditary monarchy. It's long overdue.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namor always had hair that looked like hair, throughout the Golden Age, even at his most bizarre triangle headed look. It was still meant to look like hair, and even Everett had Namor's hair flowing underwater in the very first depictions. The bullet head look only worked for John Buscema because, well, he was John Buscema. Even then it really only made sense if Namor was out of water, it makes no sense underwater, unless he's moving at top speed.
    Totally agree. Also I think Namor has slicked back hair most of the time when out of water, but in water even if his hair is cut short it should waver with the water. I think it adds a more dynamic action and also shows them underwater better.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

If it were up to me doing the writing Rev, I would be sure Namor had lots of little princes and princesses as his heirs

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I had a thought: I am super focusing on the side of Ove's pants and SWEET NEPTUNE I do think it might be Enchantress I mean its a green/gold combo and it has those circles she usually has in her outfits...

Another thing to add to my Namor/Amora theory is that it was pointed out that Ove is a Scandinavian name, I looked it up and it means "terror" or "edge of a sword"
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really hope the KiB mini does well enough that we’ll get a shot at an ongoing, or even a string of minis. I kinda hate it’s a story set in the past. I’d love a take on Namor’s current role in the MU, from his perspective.

Mighty Member

IMO, the bullet hair doesn't works only for Buscema or Gene Colan, it works for Alex Ross, Alan Davis, Joe Jusko, Ed McGuinness, Ariel Olivetti, sculptors like Randy Bowen and all the other top artists who always prefer this look. And I don't mind if there is tiny hair sticking on the back or tiny ones in the front like Sal Buscema and John Romita sometimes did but the flowing locks they do now is to me more Aquaman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Sorry, Thor-El.

At least there's a good chance we'll get another sale on Thor. I honestly can't remember ever having a sale on dedicated to Namor.
    That's right. For sure Thor will go again on sale when Love and Thunder comes out, but hopefully earlier.

You guys have to get over your obsession with Aquaman. Namor can or can't have X because it looks like Aquaman or Aquaman does it. I don't read Aquaman, I don't care about Aquaman, I don't compare Namor to Aquaman, I don't even think about the character until I come into this thread or see someone on twitter upset about something to do with Aquaman vs Namor. I'm pretty certain wherever Aquaman fans hangout, they don't obsess over Namor.
    Namor can't have his hair ..behave like hair..underwater.. because that's what Aquaman's hair does... whaaaat.

Namor's hair should not look like he's bloody Colossus ffs

Alex Ross, Randy Bowen and others don't illustrate or sculpt the bullet headed Namor because "all top artists" prefer that look. I'm not sure where you're even getting that from, unless we have different definitions of what the bullet head style is, as the overwhelming majority of drawings I've ever seen of Namor have him with hair that actually looks like hair. Ross and Bowen only do the bullet style when they are creating homages to someone else's art. (Buscema/Colan)
    Last edited by Doombot; 10-13-2020 at 12:35 PM.

who is aquaman
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

just checked to see who aquaman is, meh, namor is cooler and hotter
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

LOL Aquaman is a blonde Namor or something, that's what I heard anyway. He talks to dolphins.