Page 61 of 123 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Namor Week Day 7 is free day! I chose to commission Optyck for a fan art, and decided to have some fun by choosing to recreate the panel from Strange Tales (2009) #1. Of course Namor's favorite pizza definitely has anchovies!

So adorable! You find some great artists.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I REALLY don't want Namor in a BP2 movie, but if it does go that way I hope Marvel at least gives us a comic. I honestly hate how much the MCU and Marvel movie people keep changing their minds about what they mean about the movies. Give us a clear answer! Namor in a Doctor Strange movie thats kinda like Defenders would be so much better imo.
    I agree 200%. Put Namor in Doctor Strange! Or FF! Or even Eternals! If they can't give him his own movie right off.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So adorable! You find some great artists.
    Thanks Rev! I tried to get as many artists as I could to have varying styles during Namor week!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Namor Week Day 7 is free day! I chose to commission Optyck for a fan art, and decided to have some fun by choosing to recreate the panel from Strange Tales (2009) #1. Of course Namor's favorite pizza definitely has anchovies!

Hehehe, this is great! Lil' Namor loves pizza (probably the Anchioves, but don't tell him)!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Hmm... it seems that according to X-Men Grand Design (2018) by Ed Piskor, a big fuel source towards the irrational fear of mutants in the Marvel Universe came about because of Namor.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 04-30-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Mighty Member

Namor week was a great idea! Lots of great content has been posted here. Thanks for all the contributions!Those who have been in the board for long know I've often talked about wanting to cosplay Namor. I finally did it last year. I had big plans for Namor this summer for convention season but everything got put on the can because of the pandemic. Now I'm not too sure I will ever cosplay him again, I might be getting too old for this and like Hugh Jackman Wolverine maybe its time to leave it to the younger generation. Anyways I'm glad I got to do it even if I was so close to the "too old to cosplay Namor line".

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Namor week was a great idea! Lots of great content has been posted here. Thanks for all the contributions!Those who have been in the board for long know I've often talked about wanting to cosplay Namor. I finally did it last year. I had big plans for Namor this summer for convention season but everything got put on the can because of the pandemic. Now I'm not too sure I will ever cosplay him again, I might be getting too old for this and like Hugh Jackman Wolverine maybe its time to leave it to the younger generation. Anyways I'm glad I got to do it even if I was so close to the "too old to cosplay Namor line".

Wow, what a great video, Thor-El!! You know I am a big fan of your Namor and Thor Cosplay.

I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed it, especially the hovering and swimming with a sea creature. Those things are not easy to do. Please give yourself more kudos and appreciation. You looked very Namor-esce on stage and even did bodybuilder poses.

I think you are in very good shape and as I always say, you are our Namor here at CBR! (True, we are all getting older, but that just makes us friends longer!)

I Hope you do get a chance to play Namor again real soon. Way back on March 11th I predicted things would slowly be returning to normal by May 01. Now it seems we are headed in that direction. You may get an opportunity later this year, but definitely next year. Also, you have that magnificent talent for the "Namor Vs" figures, which we need to see more.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My Top 3:

1. Namor & Hercules & Iron Man & Wonder Man
    Hmmm. Is Doc Samson that strong? I wouldn't have thought it would take all those guys to restrain him.

I love Herc and Namor also. They are classic fun together.
    I know, right?! It would be next to impossible. At least, according to Spidey's "physical strength assessment" chart:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ment-from-1981

2. Namor & Iron Fist & Doom
    SVTU plus Iron Fist! I need to re-read those Namor issues where Iron Fist is resurrected. There's actually more of a connection between the two than most people think.
    Agreed. That connection has always been interesting. Too bad no one's followed up on it in recent years.

3. Namor & Thor
    This was a cool story, with the introduction of Sedona -- an underwater sea-goddess, I believe.

We don't really see many team ups with Thor and Namor for some reason. Though, he did testify at Namor's trial as a character witness. : )
    Correct about this being the first appearances of Sedna
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sedna_(Earth-616)

And it's always fun when royalty gets together, especially Thor & Namor.

I know, right?! It would be next to impossible. At least, according to Spidey's "physical strength assessment" chart:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ment-from-1981

Agreed. That connection has always been interesting. Too bad no one's followed up on it in recent years.

Correct about this being the first appearances of Sedna
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sedna_(Earth-616)

And it's always fun when royalty gets together, especially Thor & Namor.
    This is true. I would definitely be up for more Thor and Namor interactions.

I'd also be interested in some retroactive stories with Orson Randall and Namor. IIRC, Fraction had intended to make Randall and Namor's parents and Nemo part of some adventurers group back in the 1930s in his Defenders run. I'm wondering if some of that doesn't end up in that book he's doing with Dodson about the same thing. I think it's called Adventureman.

Okay, glad to know I wasn't completely off on Doc Samson's strength levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, what a great video, Thor-El!! You know I am a big fan of your Namor and Thor Cosplay.

I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed it, especially the hovering and swimming with a sea creature. Those things are not easy to do. Please give yourself more kudos and appreciation. You looked very Namor-esce on stage and even did bodybuilder poses.

I think you are in very good shape and as I always say, you are our Namor here at CBR! (True, we are all getting older, but that just makes us friends longer!)

I Hope you do get a chance to play Namor again real soon. Way back on March 11th I predicted things would slowly be returning to normal by May 01. Now it seems we are headed in that direction. You may get an opportunity later this year, but definitely next year. Also, you have that magnificent talent for the "Namor Vs" figures, which we need to see more.
    What Phoenixx9 said, Thor-El. LOVE your video! Thank you for sharing. And a perfect choice for Namor Week. It's full of so many cool things, besides you, of course. The swimming and hovering parts were amazing. I love that Roxxon in chains part part. And the workout sessions were very inspirational. I'm going to get out of this chair as soon as I post this.

And don't be ridiculous. You are in better shape than many younger folks. If you are doing cons next year, you definitely need to do the Namor cosplay.

Mighty Member

What Phoenixx9 said, Thor-El. LOVE your video! Thank you for sharing. And a perfect choice for Namor Week. It's full of so many cool things, besides you, of course. The swimming and hovering parts were amazing. I love that Roxxon in chains part part. And the workout sessions were very inspirational. I'm going to get out of this chair as soon as I post this.

And don't be ridiculous. You are in better shape than many younger folks. If you are doing cons next year, you definitely need to do the Namor cosplay.
    Ha, ha! Thank you guys! Most of the videos I've been putting on Instagram in anticipation for Con season. Such good memories and so much planning scrapped this year. I went with my nephew last year cause my daughter is not into cons or comics. She likes to watch anime though. It was good my nephew happened to be in the Con because I wasn't by myself walking around as Namor as it was the first day, a Friday and a character not everyone recognizes. Some would say Aquaman, I guess because of the trident and being shirtless and that's the only aquatic hero with a movie, of course. Once in awhile I was surprised to get some people to say Namor and congratulate me on the cosplay, which was nice. The two other days as Thor and Bane went easier as everybody knew the characters.

I don't know how long the social distancing is going to impact these events but we will see. Thanks to both of you Phoenixx9 and Reviresco, to me you are the heart and soul of this board and your words of approval and encouragement mean a lot.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hehehe, this is great! Lil' Namor loves pizza (probably the Anchioves, but don't tell him)!
    Thanks Phoenixx!

Thanks Thor-El, and yeah the Subby fandom is smaller than other fandoms but we had a good turn out and I'm happy about that. Also Nice Video!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

This belongs here. Namor Talk by blogger J-Man.

Plus the guy created this:

Last edited by Thor-El; 05-03-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Thanks Phoenixx!

Thanks Thor-El, and yeah the Subby fandom is smaller than other fandoms but we had a good turn out and I'm happy about that. Also Nice Video!
    Thank you IM, and thanks for all the cool contributions to the board and all the great things you are always working on, its awesome to have Namor fans like you!

And another Namor video from J Man!

Last edited by Thor-El; 05-03-2020 at 03:01 PM.

It's really refreshing to see someone out there making vids about Namor.