Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    If anyone here would like to post one or two of their favorite Namor featured cover art please do. I will be picking out comic covers to create a wallpaper to use for the Namor blog and I will be also posting the wallpaper for others to use as well. This week I am currently fixing things and adding updated links and info to the blog for any new fans who stumble across it. Thanks!

You're welcome Thor-El
    Awesome! Keeping the flame burning! Or ... the water flowing?? LOL!

Of course, I picked out 24 of my favorite covers in the Advent Calendar thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...dvent-Calendar
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Awesome! Keeping the flame burning! Or ... the water flowing?? LOL!

Of course, I picked out 24 of my favorite covers in the Advent Calendar thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...dvent-Calendar
    Thanks Rev! You have amazing choices that I'm definitely going to include!

Also I am thinking of ways to generate more buzz for Namor, I figure if I held an annual fan event on twitter/tumblr, it might encourage others to join in and spread more love for this character, which may or may not encourage more people to demand a Namor ongoing and get Marvel's attention. Currently planning a 30 day, month long prompt list for fan works for the month of April aka Namor's creation month. Any suggestions from everyone would be helpful, such as a hashtag to use, themes to focus on etc. Thanks!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

If anyone here would like to post one or two of their favorite Namor featured cover art please do. I will be picking out comic covers to create a wallpaper to use for the Namor blog and I will be also posting the wallpaper for others to use as well. This week I am currently fixing things and adding updated links and info to the blog for any new fans who stumble across it. Thanks!

You're welcome Thor-El
    Ah so many but these two come always at the top:

Mighty Member

Sad, but true.

I really don't know what it will take to make Marvel treat Namor like the A-list character he should be. You'd think they would learn something from DC's success with the Namor analogs.

Honestly, I felt like going off on another rant on that, because I'm so tired of Marvel claiming something is about the whole MU, but then it completely ignores the biggest area of the planet, the oceans, and the oldest and one of the most connected characters in the MU. We could have something really amazing, visually and story wise, underwater, but instead we HAVE to have yet another grim- noir cityscape with the Punisher. Or, OMG, moar Spider-man???

However, it's supposed to be an ongoing series, so perhaps it will get around to doing something awesome for Namor and the Atlanteans ... unless we get Robinsoned, yet again. Hopefully Marvel has learned from the Marvel Presents series and won't price it at $5 a piece.
    Well I honestly don't know if Namor is one of Busiek's favorite characterts or one he likes to write. I read his Avengers and Namor was never an active member during his run and I bought some issues of his Defenders but never read them cause I wasn't too much a fan of the artwork and what I glanced seem to lean too strong on the humor for my taste for these characters. Marvelocity gives every indication that Namor for sure is one of Alex Ross' favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ah so many but these two come always at the top:

awesome covers! thanks

Gabriel Dell'Otto variant cover for Marvels Snapshot: Sub-Mariner came out and it's GORGEOUS! Maybe Namor should wear a cape more often

Gabriel Dell'Otto variant cover for Marvels Snapshot: Sub-Mariner came out and it's GORGEOUS! Maybe Namor should wear a cape more often
    FINALLY!

It does look nice, but I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping we'd see some fabulous new art by 'Dell Otto. This is an older piece that's been floating around for a couple of years. It's great to see it in color, though. And it's framed so there's more focus on Namor here. The original sketch I saw had the Kaiju so HUGE you barely notice Namor is in front.

Also, bite your tongue. They'd only use the cape to cover up MORE of Namor! ;p

They also finally put up the Ordway variant! This is some old school, Golden Age inspired awesomeness. Schomburg would be proud.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

FINALLY!

It does look nice, but I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping we'd see some fabulous new art by 'Dell Otto. This is an older piece that's been floating around for a couple of years. It's great to see it in color, though. And it's framed so there's more focus on Namor here. The original sketch I saw had the Kaiju so HUGE you barely notice Namor is in front.

They also finally put up the Ordway variant! This is some old school, Golden Age inspired awesomeness. Schomburg would be proud.

Wow! Very Golden Age! Love this cover, even more than the one from Ross. Hopefully my LCS will have this one available.

Wow! Very Golden Age! Love this cover, even more than the one from Ross. Hopefully my LCS will have this one available.
    O_O

Don't make me choose! I love both the Ross and this Ordway.

The Ross and the Dell'Otto will be cover price. The Ordway will be more expensive. I can't find the ratio right now, but I'm thinking 1:25 or 1:50. The most expensive will be the Jack Kirby Hidden Gem ... which I don't think I've seen yet. I think it's 1:100 ... or maybe 1:50.

Mighty Member

O_O

Don't make me choose! I love both the Ross and this Ordway.

The Ross and the Dell'Otto will be cover price. The Ordway will be more expensive. I can't find the ratio right now, but I'm thinking 1:25 or 1:50. The most expensive will be the Jack Kirby Hidden Gem ... which I don't think I've seen yet. I think it's 1:100 ... or maybe 1:50.
    Jack Kirby! Wonder what will they use that hasn't been published yet.

FINALLY!

Nice cover!

While I prefer Subby with black hair, he does not look too bad with brown. I do like the Blue Speedo too!

Jack Kirby! Wonder what will they use that hasn't been published yet.

I love these old Kirby Kovers! You can see the "movement" in the characters, such as Sue's hair, her arms and legs and in Reed trying to get away from the Thing.

FINALLY!

Omg Rev, do you have a way to post the original art? I've never seen it! but the current dell'otto is so good, he is one of my fave artists so i have been on cloud nine all day over this cover. This ordaway one looks amazing! Now im really excited to see what the Kirby one will be!

Omg Rev, do you have a way to post the original art? I've never seen it! but the current dell'otto is so good, he is one of my fave artists so i have been on cloud nine all day over this cover. This ordaway one looks amazing! Now im really excited to see what the Kirby one will be!
    Here we go. Apparently it's been published in two of his art books. I may have been wrong about the cropping of the Kaiju, perhaps because of the pic where his hand is covering Namor.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1523600

Here we go. Apparently it's been published in two of his art books. I may have been wrong about the cropping of the Kaiju, perhaps because of the pic where his hand is covering Namor.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1523600
    This so cool!!! I feel like the color/position of the art makes it seem like its zoomed in on Namor more in the final work, the line work draws my eyes to the monster more than Namor, but its opposite with the colored one. Thanks so much Rev!

So since i managed to get enough cover suggestions from fans I finished the cover collage! It will be going up on the blog but here's the pic for anyone who wants to use it!