Page 66 of 123 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

They do in yellow . Search eBay you’ll find it

I’m in need of some hell from my fellow Namor fans as I was surfing google looking up images from Bill Everett I stumbled upon an article then when I tried to open link it didn’t display what the google photo showed .

This was best I could do . Does anyone know where I can find this article or not sure what this is . I’m interested in what the caption shows that’s under that head sketch of Namor .

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    I’m in need of some hell from my fellow Namor fans as I was surfing google looking up images from Bill Everett I stumbled upon an article then when I tried to open link it didn’t display what the google photo showed .

This was best I could do . Does anyone know where I can find this article or not sure what this is . I’m interested in what the caption shows that’s under that head sketch of Namor .
    I recently posted this on the Namor Twitter, it's a article from Back Issue (2003) #27 which speaks about Namor and other Royal Comic Characters like Aquaman etc. I posted the full article here: Link. It's too many pages to post all at once on this board but here's the first page and the page including the one with the Everett Art you recently bought!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

This is what I needed . Thanks so much! One more question is this “ Back Issue “ a magazine or fanzine ? I’d like to get a copy.
    Last edited by Subby1939; 05-10-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I love those magazines from the TwoMorrows group. The best part about them is you can purchase the PDF versions of them. That looks like a great article to read. I may go and buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    This is what I needed . Thanks so much! One more question is this “ Back Issue “ a magazine or fanzine ? I’d like to get a copy.
    Like Iron Maiden said, it's a magazine published by TwoMorrows. And you're welcome, glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I love those magazines from the TwoMorrows group. The best part about them is you can purchase the PDF versions of them. That looks like a great article to read. I may go and buy that.
    Oh you definitely should, I haven't finished reading it all yet but in the issue there is Aquaman, Namor, Doctor Doom, and Black Panther. I will be reading the Doom part soon, just been a tad busy with RL stuff which has cut into my reading time.

Very cool . I’m grabbing this

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Me too. But I'd rather be reading the magazines while holding them in my hands. Too bad the older issues are so hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too. But I'd rather be reading the magazines while holding them in my hands. Too bad the older issues are so hard to find.
    So much agree! I love the look, feel, texture and even "smell", lol, of those old paper products!

even though you won't be able to order them anymore you might have luck finding an issue you want eBay .... I just checked an got 7 pages of open auctions, two of them with that particular issue that IW has. I found an older issue once at my LCS.

Just picked up copy off eBay .

Loved the attitude in this Namor fan art: LINK

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Loved the attitude in this Namor fan art: LINK

He's not alone ...too many people losing their **%#! minds these days

Mighty Member

I had missed this Tomorrow's magazine discussed here lately and I have most of the ones centered around Namor. I ended up buying it to read the entire article. I thought the author's tone is a big dismissive of Namor as a character. I mean from the title "Perennial Punching Bag" it doesn't sounds too hopeful. The magazine is mostly dedicated to Aquaman, Namor is even absent from the cover, just a mention on a lower banner. One thing from the article that caught my attention was the author's correctly complaining about the lack on consistent creative team that has plagued Namor in most of his publishing history. Besides Everett, Stan Lee, Roy Thomas and John Byrne he has been plagued with missing a stellar creative team. And even though Lee and Thomas are strong writers they had a constant switcheroo of pencilers during their tenure. I also blame the acquisition of the Conan rights very close to the Sub-mariner solo title launch for snatching John Buscema off the book when I'm sure Big John Buscema could have kept the popularity of the book very high.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-13-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I had missed this Tomorrow's magazine discussed here lately and I have most of the ones centered around Namor. I ended up buying it to read the entire article. I thought the author's tone is a big dismissive of Namor as a character. I mean from the title "Perennial Punching Bag" it doesn't sounds too hopeful. The magazine is mostly dedicated to Aquaman, Namor is even absent from the cover, just a mention on a lower banner. One thing from the article that caught my attention was the author's correctly complaining about the lack on consistent creative team that has plagued Namor in most of his publishing history. Besides Everett, Stan Lee, Roy Thomas and John Byrne he has been plagued with missing a stellar creative team. And even though Lee and Thomas are strong writers they had a constant switcheroo of pencilers during their tenure. I also blame the acquisition of the Conan rights very close to the Sub-mariner solo title launch for snatching John Buscema off the book when I'm sure Big John Buscema could have kept the popularity of the book very high.
    And at the very least, Big John Buscema's covers certainly stand out!