Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So since i managed to get enough cover suggestions from fans I finished the cover collage! It will be going up on the blog but here's the pic for anyone who wants to use it!
    Wow! That looks amazing! Wonderful work! Thank you!

There was a 70th anniversary poster with a bunch of posters, maybe one for every year? This is like that, but better, cause it's Namor! So, many cool covers.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Jack Kirby! Wonder what will they use that hasn't been published yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love these old Kirby Kovers! You can see the "movement" in the characters, such as Sue's hair, her arms and legs and in Reed trying to get away from the Thing.
    Kirby is the King of dynamic! He makes even standing still look full of action.

Here we go! It's a Jack Kirby pin up of Namor's bachelor pad!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Wow! That looks amazing! Wonderful work! Thank you!

There was a 70th anniversary poster with a bunch of posters, maybe one for every year? This is like that, but better, cause it's Namor! So, many cool covers.
    Thanks Rev! I don't think I've seen that poster you are talking about but it sounds cool! I might try and make more of these later since it was fun. Also that Kirby cover looks amazing!!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Thanks Rev! I don't think I've seen that poster you are talking about but it sounds cool! I might try and make more of these later since it was fun. Also that Kirby cover looks amazing!!!
    This was one of them. It turns out it wasn't exactly one for every year, but if I'd love to see one for Namor that did that, or close to, since there were a couple of years between Atlas and Marvel that there weren't any Namor appearances. My problem would be picking out which cover would represent the entire year!

Here's the original Pin Up page ... I think. The other versions of this I've seen were colored differently. I love the labels!

Mighty Member

This so cool!!! I feel like the color/position of the art makes it seem like its zoomed in on Namor more in the final work, the line work draws my eyes to the monster more than Namor, but its opposite with the colored one. Thanks so much Rev!

So since i managed to get enough cover suggestions from fans I finished the cover collage! It will be going up on the blog but here's the pic for anyone who wants to use it!

Good job IW!

Mighty Member

Kirby is the King of dynamic! He makes even standing still look full of action.

Here we go! It's a Jack Kirby pin up of Namor's bachelor pad!

Lol, I had seen that one before. Seems that Namor and 60s Gordon Scott Tarzan have the same taste in high waisted trunks/loincloth!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Lol, I had seen that one before. Seems that Namor and 60s Gordon Scott Tarzan have the same taste in high waisted trunks/loincloth!
    Or as Chris Samnee says ... Namor's Granny Panties. LOL!

They are definitely of the period.

I don't recall seeing Gordon Scott's Tarazan. But he definitely looks like he could star in a Charles Atlas ad!

Our first look at Marvel Snapshots Sub-Mariner!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rvels-snapshot

These are awesome! Namor's wearin that striped shirt from an Atlas story! Betty Dean looks gorgeous. And the All Winners Squad!

The water show reminds of the infamous Fabulous Fin Costume story!

AHHHHH! I saw this earlier and was screaming about the stripped shirt on Twitter. lol! I'm really excited for this comic! I love BettyxNamor!

These are awesome! Namor's wearin that striped shirt from an Atlas story! Betty Dean looks gorgeous. And the All Winners Squad!

I like these, especially All-Winners Squad. There is a lot of details--such as the jagged tread on the bottom of Whizzer's boots----something I have not seen on some speedsters since the 1970's-80's comics. My only gripe is Miss America face is not quite right and I don't like when they draw her scrawny, making the costume feel over-large.

Mighty Member

You can tell Jerry Ordway really loves the Golden Age! This is going to be a sweet book.
    Love that panel of Namor using his body to protect the soldier from the bullets! Really can't wait! I still remember when Ordway and Thomas took on The All Star Squadron for DC way way back!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I don't think these have been posted here yet but here are variant covers for Atlantis Attacks #2 due on Wednesday.

Ron Lim cover.

Gerardo Sandoval cover.

I think it's easy to figure which cover you prefer.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing covers! I definitely like the first one more.

Happy Valentine's day to all, here's some of my fave Namor ones from GarnetVengnce on tumblr!

Edit: GarnetVengeance has new valentines!
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 02-14-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Happy Valentine and Imperius Rex to everyone! Hope this is not too racy for the board.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I don't know why the artist decided not to draw a nose, but the costume gives a cool Little Mermaid vibe.