Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1840
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    You guys have to get over your obsession with Aquaman. Namor can or can't have X because it looks like Aquaman or Aquaman does it. I don't read Aquaman, I don't care about Aquaman, I don't compare Namor to Aquaman, I don't even think about the character until I come into this thread or see someone on twitter upset about something to do with Aquaman vs Namor. I'm pretty certain wherever Aquaman fans hangout, they don't obsess over Namor.
    Namor can't have his hair ..behave like hair..underwater.. because that's what Aquaman's hair does... whaaaat.

Namor's hair should not look like he's bloody Colossus ffs

Alex Ross, Randy Bowen and others don't illustrate or sculpt the bullet headed Namor because "all top artists" prefer that look. I'm not sure where you're even getting that from, unless we have different definitions of what the bullet head style is, as the overwhelming majority of drawings I've ever seen of Namor have him with hair that actually looks like hair. Ross and Bowen only do the bullet style when they are creating homages to someone else's art. (Buscema/Colan)
    Dude, maybe the two nice ladies put up with you but I' don't like your disrespectful rude tone one bit. I've been part of this thread for awhile and never had a problem with anyone. I've tried to take you lightly and just take things with humor but enough is enough and you better tune it down. I "obsess" about whatever I want to "obsess" because this here is a place to give opinions freely. From the color of a button of a character's uniform to whatever it is we want to obsess about without anyone telling anyone to stop obsessing or get over anything.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

You guys have to get over your obsession with Aquaman. Namor can or can't have X because it looks like Aquaman or Aquaman does it. I don't read Aquaman, I don't care about Aquaman, I don't compare Namor to Aquaman, I don't even think about the character until I come into this thread or see someone on twitter upset about something to do with Aquaman vs Namor. I'm pretty certain wherever Aquaman fans hangout, they don't obsess over Namor.
    Nooooooo! Don't even _think_ about depriving me of an opportunity to bitch and moan! ;p

Seriously, though, I don't think I / we are so much obsessed with Aquaman, as defensive. I mean, for me, it's decades of dealing with uninformed comic fans, and yes, Aquaman fans, who feel the need to trash Namor and tell me how much better Aquaman is. And for myself, I admit, I'm bitter that Marvel has bungled Namor over the decades and basically has ceded the whole character type and undersea world over to DC.

As for what Aquaman fans do in their hangout ... well I don't usually go there. But there's clearly an element that are obsessed with Namor, or they wouldn't be harassing Namor fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    who is aquaman
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    just checked to see who aquaman is, meh, namor is cooler and hotter
    This is truth.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Dude, maybe the two nice ladies put up with you but I' don't like your disrespectful rude tone one bit. I've been part of this thread for awhile and never had a problem with anyone. I've tried to take you lightly and just take things with humor but enough is enough and you better tune it down. I "obsess" about whatever I want to "obsess" because this here is a place to give opinions freely. From the color of a button of a character's uniform to whatever it is we want to obsess about without anyone telling anyone to stop obsessing or get over anything.
    And I appreciate and love your obsessions, Thor-El. It's what makes you a great cosplayer and artist.

Doombot's opinions, contrary as they may be, usually give me a different perspective on things.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Whoa, settle down, hombre. I was simply taking the piss out of you, and any "tone" you may be reading into isn't there. It's simply a byproduct of having to read text rather than hear me actually speaking. I like coming here and having conversations with you guys, even though I often disagree.

As for you, or anyone else, "putting up" with me, I'm afraid that's just too bad. This place doesn't belong to you. You're free to put me on ignore if you're too sensitive to hear my opinions, which are just as valid as yours. I also don't appreciate your veiled threat, as if there's going to be some consequence for me, by you, if I don't fall in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Nooooooo! Don't even _think_ about depriving me of an opportunity to bitch and moan! ;p

Seriously, though, I don't think I / we are so much obsessed with Aquaman, as defensive. I mean, for me, it's decades of dealing with uninformed comic fans, and yes, Aquaman fans, who feel the need to trash Namor and tell me how much better Aquaman is. And for myself, I admit, I'm bitter that Marvel has bungled Namor over the decades and basically has ceded the whole character type and undersea world over to DC.

As for what Aquaman fans do in their hangout ... well I don't usually go there. But there's clearly an element that are obsessed with Namor, or they wouldn't be harassing Namor fans.
    I know, I was just playing up the fact that Namor fans seem to be so sensitive about anything relating to Aquaman, when it's truly unnecessary. Namor's feeling's can't be hurt by anything Aquaman or his fans do or don't do.
    Last edited by Doombot; 10-13-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Also, the "two ladies" referred to, are they Reviresco and ImperiusWrecked? Are you two female? (It's not like it matters at all, I was just unaware, and pleasantly surprised if true.)

You know I just realized the other day that Namor first appeared on the scene three years after Shadows Over Innsmouth was published. Kind of funny considering all the parallels.

Mighty Member

Whoa, settle down, hombre. I was simply taking the piss out of you, and any "tone" you may be reading into isn't there. It's simply a byproduct of having to read text rather than hear me actually speaking. I like coming here and having conversations with you guys, even though I often disagree.

As for you, or anyone else, "putting up" with me, I'm afraid that's just too bad. This place doesn't belong to you. You're free to put me on ignore if you're too sensitive to hear my opinions, which are just as valid as yours. I also don't appreciate your veiled threat, as if there's going to be some consequence for me, by you, if I don't fall in line.

I know, I was just playing up the fact that Namor fans seem to be so sensitive about anything relating to Aquaman, when it's truly unnecessary. Namor's feeling's can't be hurt by anything Aquaman or his fans do or don't do.
    I come here to have a good time and enjoy good conversation about the characters I love. And you are right, I don't own the board but I don't have to put up with people that don't know how to handle an amicable conversation. And life is too short to be miserable. So keep "taking the piss out of" whoever here is willing to take your crap. Goodbye.

The only one not handling an amicable conversation was you. You seem to imagine I have some sort of personal grudge against you, I don't. I don't even know you. We both love Namor and Thor, we should be buds, but whatever.
    I'm sorry we don't see eye to eye on things, one would hope that would only lead to more interesting conversations around here, but it seems that ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by Doombot; 10-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Happy 100th page Namor, and thanks to the great fans, who make it happen.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Mighty Member

And I appreciate and love your obsessions, Thor-El. It's what makes you a great cosplayer and artist.

Doombot's opinions, contrary as they may be, usually give me a different perspective on things.
    And I love your dedication to Namor, I have learned to love the character so much because of you. I also love the passion IW has for Namor and even though we may not see eye to eye all the time like in Namor's casting lol we always keep it respectful like anyone else so far in this board.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 10-13-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Happy 100th page Namor, and thanks to the great fans, who make it happen.
    OMG this thread had been flying by, lol, Happy 100th Page!

Also, the "two ladies" referred to, are they Reviresco and ImperiusWrecked? Are you two female? (It's not like it matters at all, I was just unaware, and pleasantly surprised if true.)
    *waves* Hello, yes I'm a fan girl and very passionate about the best sea king, and comics, and comic history!

This is truth.
    I usually reserve myself from commenting about Aquaman (unless it's to gripe about how much he took from Namor >:/ ) but as the person who runs a Namor fan blog and Namor fan twitter to keep fans who are interested up to date with new info, talk about older comics etc. I have to say that I personally have in the last (6 years being a Namor fan) 4-ish years since I started running a blog for Namor, been harassed by Aquafans, DC fans in general, and just a few pages back I had posted this whole rebuttal I had to one Aquafan's comments on my post about being excited about the upcoming Namor mini. I usually delete anonymous hate from tumblr, block haters on twitter and generally try to keep things very positive since I don't come online to start fights over characters (but I will finish them! lol) Sometimes I do wonder if I should take a step back from being so involved but I do all these upkeeps for accounts, Fan Events etc because I really love the character and when I started out I wished there had been a central place for Namor (I didn't know about this board till I joined) so no matter what other fans may prefer, there is only one king of Atlantis for me (I do like DC comics sometimes and Orm especially but he is just a knock off Namor too )

However as Rev said, I don't go into Aquafan space hangouts, it's always them coming into my online space and making issues so I have a very wary opinion of Aquafans in general. I personally don't have any sympathy for Aquafans looking to start a fight to prove that Aquaman is better, I will block them, and move on, and honestly why do they always do this anyways? Aquaman has SO MUCH MORE than Namor; the character has always had a comic or been relevant to the DC universe, he's been in way more cartoons, and games, and has merch and movies, but from my interactions with those toxic fans I feel it's more of "they want to prove the knock off is better than the original".

I think a lot of us are passionate about Namor in our own way and we all bring something to general fandom such as appreciation for an often under appreciated character.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    You know I just realized the other day that Namor first appeared on the scene three years after Shadows Over Innsmouth was published. Kind of funny considering all the parallels.
    I was just thinking of parallels the other day and not HP Lovecraft ones but about Fen. I think Fen is alike Everett's take on the Selkie myth? She changes her skin when out of water, she was called the Goddess of Seals, and the most beautiful Atlantean, she falls in love with a human man and bears a half human child. I love ocean myths so I don't know why I never made that connection before.

Namor loses his (zombie) head in Marvel Zombies (2020) #3

Probably for the best. That original Marvel Zombies series was a lot of fun, as was the Zombie Universe story arc from the Ultimate Fantastic Four book, but everything after that became increasingly awful.

Hey everybody! <<waves hello>> After a hiatus, I am back. Having missed ya'll, I couldn't miss Namor's 100 page!