Page 8 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHH, I want a Namor animated show so much, even an episode would be ok, why do people always wait to use him/atlanteans? Here's hoping Marvel steps up their animation game, thats the one thing that DC excels at, Marvel really needs to do a series for all the major teams, defenders, avengers, xmen, fantastic four
    I have NO idea. I can blame editorial for a large portion of this -- they don't treat Namor or Atlantis like the substantial part of the MU it was and should be. But a portion definitely belongs on the creators. But IF you are setting up your book with a freaking Atlantean mystery / plot, WHY would you wait??? It's not like Marvel has a long run on a typical superhero book in a decade. And this has happened repeatedly. Fraction, Yost, Hickman, Robinson, Robinson, etc.

That's why I give Zdarsky big kudos, even if I didn't agree with everything he did, because Zdarsky didn't yank us around. He went straight to the Namor plot. THANK YOU.

And yes, I'd even settle for a GOOD Namor animated show. That would at least prod the comic side into giving Namor a book.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it's definitely a forum issue. The pin img part of the url is being swear word filtered, which breaks the links. Apparently CBR has banned Pinterest. You should switch to Imgur.

Nobody should use Photobucket anymore either, as they add a horrible banner in the middle of the image and sometimes blur the image too.
    Huh. I'd ask why, but ... nevermind. Well, I hope they fix it soon.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I have literally been LOL for about 30 minutes over this. My co-workers think I'm nuts. Okay, they knew I was nuts, but now they REALLY know. And I hear you are to blame, IW! Thank you! Made my day!

LMAO, this was made between mutual Namor/Invaders fans, there is a small group of us on Tumblr and ever since they posted it I have not stopped laughing XD
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I have NO idea. I can blame editorial for a large portion of this -- they don't treat Namor or Atlantis like the substantial part of the MU it was and should be. But a portion definitely belongs on the creators. But IF you are setting up your book with a freaking Atlantean mystery / plot, WHY would you wait??? It's not like Marvel has a long run on a typical superhero book in a decade. And this has happened repeatedly. Fraction, Yost, Hickman, Robinson, Robinson, etc.

That's why I give Zdarsky big kudos, even if I didn't agree with everything he did, because Zdarsky didn't yank us around. He went straight to the Namor plot. THANK YOU.

And yes, I'd even settle for a GOOD Namor animated show. That would at least prod the comic side into giving Namor a book.
    There are a number of characters that Marvel seems to ignore. For example, the Enchantress. Even with Asgardian book/stories, Amora has been absent for years. As one of Marvel's premiere women, villainesses and major Avengers foe, Enchantress should not be so ignored.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-13-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Mighty Member

I'm slowly posting the Namor reviews to my instagram https://www.instagram.com/simonwm_17/. At least that will be a more reliable place to keep them live.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Anything to get people to take Atlantis more seriously is a good idea. Yet another comic series was revealed today: X-Factor! Now I like X-Factor but also theres so many x books now, I just wish one of them was a Namor book, seriously i feel like Marvel has been coming out with so many new titles these last few months.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

So, Chris Yost, who besides writing comics, also writes for shows like The Mandalorian and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes (where he was also a producer) was answering questions on Twitter the other day. And revealed had plans for Defenders AND Namor if he'd gotten to do a third season of Avengers EMH. Namor would have gotten a whole episode with a flashback of the Invaders.

https://twitter.com/Cyberjaeger/stat...88652677206024

Of course, Chris Yost also had an Atlantean story line with Atlantis, specificially with Namora, Water Snake, and Namorita, that he never got to in the last revival of New Warriors.

https://twitter.com/yost/status/1097920256381661184

So that is TWICE that Yost pulled a Robinson. Here's hoping if he writes a third comic with the opportunity to do a Namor / Atlantean story, he'll do it FIRST, instead of waiting and getting canceled.
    Exactly, that's what it is; a Robinson. The writer that really cares about him is going to go straight to him like Zdarsky did. It wasn't perfect but he used the character and gave him the importance he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LMAO, this was made between mutual Namor/Invaders fans, there is a small group of us on Tumblr and ever since they posted it I have not stopped laughing XD
    Me too! I can't help laughing every time I look at it. Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm slowly posting the Namor reviews to my instagram https://www.instagram.com/simonwm_17/. At least that will be a more reliable place to keep them live.
    Excellent idea! I'm trying to figure out something similar. All my covers from the 365 Days project went up in smoke with Comic Book Database. And yes, I know, I'm behind.

Not sure I'll get to it tonight, but I'll try after my dinner plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    There are a number of characters that Marvel seems to ignore. For example, the Enchantress. Even with Asgardian book/stories, Amora has been absent for years. As one of Marvel's premiere women, villainesses and major Avengers foe, Enchantress should not be so ignored.
    YES! This is why I complain so much about editorial. They clearly play favorites. Characters they like, cough, Moon Knight, cough, get multiple and multiple chances. Characters they don't care about only get chances when a creator insists, or a movie is getting made. You should have heard all the excuses from editorial about not giving Doctor Strange a book, before the movie was being made.

It's the same with Namor. If I hear one more time the weak sauce excuse that Namor is better in teams ....

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, it's definitely a forum issue. The pin img part of the url is being swear word filtered, which breaks the links. Apparently CBR has banned Pinterest. You should switch to Imgur.

Nobody should use Photobucket anymore either, as they add a horrible banner in the middle of the image and sometimes blur the image too.
    Yeah, I had to give up Photobucket a couple of years ago. So far I've had no problems with Imageshack though. The one thing I liked about Photobucket is that you could create subfolders. Can't do that with Imageshack.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I had to give up Photobucket a couple of years ago. So far I've had no problems with Imageshack though. The one thing I liked about Photobucket is that you could create subfolders. Can't do that with Imageshack.

Photobucket is the worst now. While I also love the folder options, it was always slow for me, because of the ads, I think. But once they jacked up the prices and tried to hold the pics hostage, I was totally done with them. I still haven't found a good alternative, and still haven't fixed the hole they left me in, either.

Oh well. Like I need ANOTHER project this year. LOL!

Mighty Member

I'm happy to report that the Readathon thread and the pinterest problem has been fixed by the mighty powers of CBR wizard extraordinary Conn Seanery. I'm gearing up to finally continue with Marvel Mystery Comics #30 and give some life to the readathon thread again, see if we can cover the entire Subby Golden Age.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iner-Readathon

Below is the last image for Marvel Mystery Comics #29. I'll be continuing with the same format for issue 30 onward and Subby's other Golden Age magazines like his own, All Winners and Human Torch picking up were we left. Everyone is welcome to join in the discussion.

The above are selected scans that highlight the main points of a story for the sole purpose of generating discussion in a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm happy to report that the Readathon thread and the pinterest problem has been fixed by the mighty powers of CBR wizard extraordinary Conn Seanery. I'm gearing up to finally continue with Marvel Mystery Comics #30 and give some life to the readathon thread again, see if we can cover the entire Subby Golden Age.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...iner-Readathon

Below is the last image for Marvel Mystery Comics #29. I'll be continuing with the same format for issue 30 onward and Subby's other Golden Age magazines like his own, All Winners and Human Torch picking up were we left. Everyone is welcome to join in the discussion.

The above are selected scans that highlight the main points of a story for the sole purpose of generating discussion in a forum.
    Awesome!

I don't think I've read that issue. Classic Golden Age Namor. "Well, we ain't playing leapfrog, stupid!" LOL!

I've been meaning to start up the Silver Age stuff also. It's just been a busy January.

Mighty Member

Awesome!

I don't think I've read that issue. Classic Golden Age Namor. "Well, we ain't playing leapfrog, stupid!" LOL!

I've been meaning to start up the Silver Age stuff also. It's just been a busy January.
    LOL, yes, lots of "Come to Papa" and "Jumping Jellyfish" coming up! I think "Come to Papa" should have been as popular as "Imperious Rex!"