Page 87 of 123 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    From Marvel.com, the solicits!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-this-december

Soooo, there's some connection to Atlantis, perhaps the "dangerous mystic relic?" Also curious about the Murmansk and Russian alchemists. It's a new city, so there must be something (mysterious relic?) that is bringing in alchemists.
    I have said it before but once again, I really dislike when Marvel continues to mesh Atlantis with "space and cosmic" stuff like the kree, the inhumans, etc. I also disliked it when they try to tie to other mystical things in the Marvel Universe and my biggest concern with this series is that it is maybe tied with the Knull and Venom lore (of which I knew very little about). I'm very excited and very hopeful because I love Busiek's writing, the guy is awesome and Marvels is always in all my comic recs to friends. So it's a small fear but hopefully Namor will be doing his own thing during this event to focus more on Atlantis. I am super hyped for Lady Dorma!!! FINALLY a chance to see how she would hold up if a modern writer got a chance to work with her character! I've always been critical of Attuma as Namor's "main foe" but if this series shines a light on his past and we see how things were it might just change him from a two dimensional barbarian type and he might have more complexity as Namor's enemy in the future. There is nothing more compelling or tragic than two allies (or friends?) turning enemy because of something happening in their past. I really hope we get to see Fen at least, she really is one of my favorite Atlanteans and this will be another chance to see her and Namor interacting. Sorry for just rambling all my thoughts but I have been able to think of very little else since the news came out. XD

So other than the last two issues of Atlantis Attacks and the next issue of Battle for the Serpent Crown we don't have any other Namor appearances right?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

No, only speaking of the golden age panel. Where was Betty Dean in context to that story, if known. No biggie, I didn't know that he had even more Blonde friends.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Using Hulk as an example again, they haven't done so with his stuff once his own series gets going again so i doubt they will with Namor. Its just too much material to reuse for the line.
    I can live with that. It's those early appearances that are harder to find. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get that 1984 mini-series. It hasn't showed up anywhere, IIRC.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    No, only speaking of the golden age panel. Where was Betty Dean in context to that story, if known. No biggie, I didn't know that he had even more Blonde friends.
    Betty Dean showed up early, like Marvel Mystery Comics 3, IIRC. Lynne Harris isn't really a friend of Namor's so much as she's a prisoner. She is in the story arc after the first big Torch and Namor battle, I believe. Betty Dean isn't around for that, except in the end when she helps rescue Lynne and her boy friend Luther and talks Namor into fighting Nazis again.

You can check out a synopsis here:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lynne_Harris_(Earth-616)
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Betty Dean showed up early, like Marvel Mystery Comics 3, IIRC. Lynne Harris isn't really a friend of Namor's so much as she's a prisoner. She is in the story arc after the first big Torch and Namor battle, I believe. Betty Dean isn't around for that, except in the end when she helps rescue Lynne and her boy friend Luther and talks Namor into fighting Nazis again.

You can check out a synopsis here:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lynne_Harris_(Earth-616)
    Thank you for this. Fascinating. Rather odd story and I guess before Namor's major involvement with fighting Nazis.

It seems so uncharacteristic of Namor to have had this done to the couple and more or less keep them in Atlantis.

I mean it was a revenge that was far more punitive than required in my opinion. But it seems like this arc stretched out for a while too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Thank you for this. Fascinating. Rather odd story and I guess before Namor's major involvement with fighting Nazis.

It seems so uncharacteristic of Namor to have had this done to the couple and more or less keep them in Atlantis.

I mean it was a revenge that was far more punitive than required in my opinion. But it seems like this arc stretched out for a while too.
    It WAS an odd story. One I didn't really care much for. Part of the deal was Namor's mom, Princess Fen, who for some reason, had it in her head that Namor needed to marry Lynne. O_O

Luther and Lynne weren't exactly good people either. I'd be happy if we never heard of them again.

I can live with that. It's those early appearances that are harder to find. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get that 1984 mini-series. It hasn't showed up anywhere, IIRC.
    I didn't realize its never been reprinted. I found 1-4 of that and 1-12 of saga of the sub-mariner at my local shop in the dollar bins. I bought both not even knowing what they were.

I LOVE the covers to the 1984 series

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    So other than the last two issues of Atlantis Attacks and the next issue of Battle for the Serpent Crown we don't have any other Namor appearances right?
    Is Namor supposed to be in the last issue of Battle for the Serpent Crown???

And no, haven't heard of Namor being in anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I didn't realize its never been reprinted. I found 1-4 of that and 1-12 of saga of the sub-mariner at my local shop in the dollar bins. I bought both not even knowing what they were.

I LOVE the covers to the 1984 series
    Excellent buy! Both of those series are solid stories, IMO. The Saga of the Sub-Mariner was printed in a trade paperback not long ago.

And yes! Some of the 1984 covers were reproduced as a mural / mosaic for a Lisbon, Portugal subway! Oh, as well as an Alpha Flight issue I think Namor was in.

I posted about it here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post1011420

That mural is amazing Rev! Hope you don't mind that I shared it earlier to the Namor Twitter.

Is Namor supposed to be in the last issue of Battle for the Serpent Crown???

And no, haven't heard of Namor being in anything else.
    From the way the fourth issue of Battle for the Serpent Crown was left on a cliffhanger I guessed that it will wrap up in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    That mural is amazing Rev! Hope you don't mind that I shared it earlier to the Namor Twitter.

From the way the fourth issue of Battle for the Serpent Crown was left on a cliffhanger I guessed that it will wrap up in the next issue.
    No, of course not! Share away. There are some better images, i.e. not in the dark. But those were the quickest ones I could find. I just think it is so cool that tons of people who ride their subway see Namor every time they do so!

It was a cliffhanger for Conan, but I thought Namor just got shoved out of the way of the plot?

No, of course not! Share away. There are some better images, i.e. not in the dark. But those were the quickest ones I could find. I just think it is so cool that tons of people who ride their subway see Namor every time they do so!

It was a cliffhanger for Conan, but I thought Namor just got shoved out of the way of the plot?
    You are right, one fan that replied to the post said they had walked there, so that is very cool. You are also right about Conan, I had forgotten that the villain had used magic to send Namor to the desert :/ meanwhile the villain was taking Conan back to Las Vegas. I guess the only other thing we have to look forward to before the series launches is Atlantis Attacks and also that future?son of Namor from Captain Marvel #23.

Created a Namor banner with different shades of blue/green here, if anyone would like a specific color just let me know. I'll be making more Namor icons/edits as the weeks lead up to the new series as well!

OMG! Those are gorgeous! Love the images you picked. I think I'm leaning toward the blue one.

OMG! Those are gorgeous! Love the images you picked. I think I'm leaning toward the blue one.
    Thanks Rev!