Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

YES! I was so wowed when I saw that replica, its perfect. And those arts showcase the trident very well. The style they seem to be using now is the swirl staff design, its just ok but nothing compared to the Neptune Trident.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Some versions of the Trident I dislike:

The original, gingerbread cookie,Trident of Neptune, which I can forgive due to it being in those old first Silver Age stories:

and whatever the hell this is... it looks more like a chandelier than a Trident.

and I don't even know what this is, but it ain't no Trident.

LMAO. I thought I was the only one who dislikes those. Also that lightsaber trident thing Namor had in first mutant in the early issues, I did not care for that at all.
    '

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Doombot please keep invoking Namor's Trident because the Art Gods have heard you and this beautiful piece of work just showed up today.

Art by Mike McKone
    Love this McKone drawing! So much better than that other one he was selling where Namor looks 50 pounds lighter.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow....love that! I was able to buy a Doom print from Mike McKone when he was at C2E2 a few years back.

I wish McKone were working at Marvel again. With that kind of work I'd love to see him on a Namor series.

Oh you must share your Doom Art! I love his work. It would be so cool to see him on a namor book

... no plans for a prestige animated mini series? Disney plus needs to have more all-new Marvel cartoons, non-connected to the MCU..

Mighty Member

I did a poll of actors I consider suited to play Namor in the MCU. I wanted to share my results with the board.

Yeah no, I just have a very different Namor in my head than yours Thor-El. None the ones you have work for me, and I would have liked Momoa but that ship has sadly sailed, and I don't see Johnson or Cavill switching over to Marvel any time soon. As I said before, I personally (from my comic readings and analyzing) see Namor as a Biracial, PoC coded, man. His features and the the early intent by Everett obviously point towards a child born of a fictional indigenous woman and a white American man.

I'm not here to get into another fight over which actor would have better potential for Namor so I'll just keep my to my own thoughts about the character and actors I think would work.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yeah no, I just have a very different Namor in my head than yours Thor-El. None the ones you have work for me, and I would have liked Momoa but that ship has sadly sailed, and I don't see Johnson or Cavill switching over to Marvel any time soon. As I said before, I personally (from my comic readings and analyzing) see Namor as a Biracial, PoC coded, man. His features and the the early intent by Everett obviously point towards a child born of a fictional indigenous woman and a white American man.

I'm not here to get into another fight over which actor would have better potential for Namor so I'll just keep my to my own thoughts about the character and actors I think would work.
    I have to agree.....John Cena??? Really!?! Big No from me. I don't think I would have voted for any of those candidates.

BTW.....I have that Mike McKone piece packed away but will pull it out soon and take a photo of it for the Doom thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I have to agree.....John Cena??? Really!?! Big No from me. I don't think I would have voted for any of those candidates.

BTW.....I have that Mike McKone piece packed away but will pull it out soon and take a photo of it for the Doom thread.
    Omg please do! I need to go catch up on the Doom Thread and the spoiler thread soon, I read the last comic and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Once again Cantwell shows he knows Doom.

We have about 12 days left until the Namor mini series!!! I'll be hyping it up on the social media accounts on twitter/tumblr so I'm hoping alot of people get their preorders in and read the comic. Maybe if Marvel sees there is a base of fans they might consider an ongoing!

Also I hope Rev comes back in time for the series!

Mighty Member

Ah well, at least I woke up the board.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 11-27-2020 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo

While I disagree with your views on Namor's identity (surprise surprise lol) I'm also not a fan of any of these guys for Namor either. None of these actors have the presence needed (or required acting chops to give that presence) to pull off Namor. I'd MUCH rather sacrifice the muscle body for an actor who can pull off the nuance of Namor and who not be muscular. You can add muscle, you can't add great acting. This is the very reason I actually dread a Namor film announcement more than desire one.

As for fighting about Namor's visual look/identity/ethnicity, we've had good conversations here about that without it devolving into toxic Tumblr/Twitter style mud-flinging. It's a great subject to discuss. Yes it can be a sticky subject, I but I don't feel it needs to be. Everyone here who posts regularly (and probably everyone in general) has a different idea of Namor in their minds. I like hearing about those views even though I often disagree with them and don't mind saying so, but how things went in the thread just a few weeks ago show others may not be on the same page. This friction, in my opinion, has more to do with having to read text rather than hear a person speak, which ends up having people argue over how they perceive something was said rather than what what actually said. Tone, implication, meaning, etc. I'm a very lighthearted and agreeable person, but sometimes people read comments I make as abrasive or cold or sarcastic, unfortunately this is just the nature of text conversations.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, everyone has their own thoughts and that's fine, but yes here it's much more about talk than fighting which I enjoy. Until we actually get solid proof Namor will be in the mcu or any movie/show its all moot point anyways. Even then I always say: my opinions are my opinions, no comic creator or tv/movie creator is going to say: "Hey! ImperiusWrecked will get upset if we don't do what they want." I'm just a fan of no importance beyond my love of a character and the time I spend trying to create fan spaces for Namor across twitter/tumblr etc. I keep telling fans who get mad at my opinions on social media sites that nothing I say will ever change whatever Marvel intends to do for the character. So long as mutual respect keeps going on I keep talking to fans who talk with me.