Page 33 of 123 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    OMG!!!

So much goodness!

Betty Dean!
    Yes, Betty! I can't wait for this to come out!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Avengers #32 previews are up here!

OH! WOW!!!! JUST...SPEECHLESS!!!! So much greatness on that very first pinup page!!!! This is the one I'm waiting for!!! If only for the perfect artwork from McGuinness!!! Thanks for posting this IW, don't think I've been so excited for a Namor appearance in awhile, hopefully Jason Aaron's writing will follow suit. I like the reference to pollution and contamination from the surface world, lets see where all this goes. Just all the descriptions of the menaces from the surface world in that second page could spin a 12 issue maxi series! I gotta say it again that art is just GREAT! And Namor likes drinking his Sponge Bob protein smoothies extra salty! I'm not very familiar with Aaron's humor but hopefully he does shows some respect for Namor too, after all Aaron is the guy showing Namor could take on all the Avengers single handedly like in the old days.

Superhero Hype also posts some important description. I like this paragraph:
    "In Superhero Hype’s exclusive preview from Avengers #32, Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness catch up with King Namor, the Sub-Mariner. Out of all of the Avengers’ current adversaries, Namor has the most legitimate issue. His kingdom is the seven seas, and it’s been violated by endless pollution. Now, Namor’s enemies are sending dolphins with lasers after him. That’s why he may be willing to make a deal with Earth’s mightiest villains."
    Last edited by Thor-El; 03-06-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    OH! WOW!!!! JUST...SPEECHLESS!!!! So much greatness on that very first pinup page!!!! This is the one I'm waiting for!!! If only for the perfect artwork from McGuinness!!! Thanks for posting this IW, don't think I've been so excited for a Namor appearance in awhile, hopefully Jason Aaron's writing will follow suit. I like the reference to pollution and contamination from the surface world, lets see where all this goes. Just all the descriptions of the menaces from the surface world in that second page could spin a 12 issue maxi series! I gotta say it again that art is just GREAT! And Namor likes drinking his Sponge Bob protein smoothies extra salty! I'm not very familiar with Aaron's humor but hopefully he does shows some respect for Namor too, after all Aaron is the guy showing Namor could take on all the Avengers single handedly like in the old days.

"In Superhero Hype’s exclusive preview from Avengers #32, Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness catch up with King Namor, the Sub-Mariner. Out of all of the Avengers’ current adversaries, Namor has the most legitimate issue. His kingdom is the seven seas, and it’s been violated by endless pollution. Now, Namor’s enemies are sending dolphins with lasers after him. That’s why he may be willing to make a deal with Earth’s mightiest villains."
    Glad you are happy with the art Thor-El, I wish there was a way for the original art with no text boxes to be available, I would like it as my phone background XD

Made updates to the Namor Blog so that it's easier for fans, also I have a link to a google doc available that is still being updated with, in chronological order Namor Appearances that were up on the ComicBookDatabase before the site went down, it may take some time before its all up there. Also I ran a poll on twitter earlier and found that some people are interested in a Subby Fandom event so I will be attempting to host a NAMOR WEEK at the end of April for Namor fans to share new fan content on twitter and tumblr. I will post more info tomorrow as soon as I have it ready. I will be getting back to my Namor read through too that I have up on the pillowfort blog.

so whatever happened to Betty Dean?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Namor was stupid enough to began a war with Roxxon and the Avengers at the same time and now he is bitching because he is losing. We still have to know if Hulk will be able to defear Agger but the politic of Namor of starting wars as only solution isnt good.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Namor was stupid enough to began a war with Roxxon and the Avengers at the same time and now he is bitching because he is losing. We still have to know if Hulk will be able to defear Agger but the politic of Namor of starting wars as only solution isnt good.
    First off, you do realize this is an APPRECIATION thread, right?

Second, what the heck are you reading? Because Namor is not the one that STARTED a war with either Roxxon or the Avengers. Both of those groups are the ones who invaded Atlantis. Roxxon is the one who started killing Atlanteans. Not to mention, Roxxon are villains. If Namor is "stupid" for fighting villains, then every single superhero in the MU is stupid.

Third, it doesn't say Namor is bitching because he's _losing_ to Roxxon or the Avengers, who are helping them for some reason.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so whatever happened to Betty Dean?
    Betty Dean was turned into one of they Hydromen, and then was murdered by Dr Dorcas when she saved Namor in Super Villain Team Up.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Made updates to the Namor Blog so that it's easier for fans, also I have a link to a google doc available that is still being updated with, in chronological order Namor Appearances that were up on the ComicBookDatabase before the site went down, it may take some time before its all up there. Also I ran a poll on twitter earlier and found that some people are interested in a Subby Fandom event so I will be attempting to host a NAMOR WEEK at the end of April for Namor fans to share new fan content on twitter and tumblr. I will post more info tomorrow as soon as I have it ready. I will be getting back to my Namor read through too that I have up on the pillowfort blog.

Looks cool! I'll definitely check out that Google Doc.

I love how active Namor fans are! I just wish I could execute my good intentions. And March is looking even worse at work. Oh well. April is another month to try and get it together. ;p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    First off, you do realize this is an APPRECIATION thread, right?

Second, what the heck are you reading? Because Namor is not the one that STARTED a war with either Roxxon or the Avengers. Both of those groups are the ones who invaded Atlantis. Roxxon is the one who started killing Atlanteans. Not to mention, Roxxon are villains. If Namor is "stupid" for fighting villains, then every single superhero in the MU is stupid.

Third, it doesn't say Namor is bitching because he's _losing_ to Roxxon or the Avengers, who are helping them for some reason.
    Maybe because Namor is taking an extreme position attacking anyone near the sea friendly or not? He is even attacking eco friendly plants . Because he is killing random employees of Roxxon without any conection why the evil CEO that only work in an oil plant? He could go against Dario Agger if he was man enough to fight him. But he let do that the Hulk.

Every time Namor has a problem with the surfice world there are two options.

Option 1: Talk to with the avengers , try to find a way to stop the responsable of the problem without harming inocents
    Option 2: Flood some cities and kill some people only to lose in the end.

Namor always takes 2.

Sorry I know this is an appreciation tread but I am a bit sick of everyone trashing the avengers , specially in the case of Namor that always falls in the error with all groups of heroes.

In Atlantis attacks 2 Cho is saying: Namor your dragon is pretty wild.
    Namor : No problem.
    Cho: I am saying you that you should be worried about it.
    Namor: Nah I am her king. She will obey me.
    -Namor after the dragon destroys atlantis-: WAR , WAR WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED , NO ONE WARNED US ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THIS IS TREASON.
    Last edited by hulkling; 03-08-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Not sure what this has to do with my post appreciating McGuinness artwork for the next Avengers but like Reviresco said, this is an appreciation thread so if your post starts calling stupid the character we are appreciating then you are starting on the wrong foot. Namor is used as a hot tempered action guy, hit first and ask questions later but also as a character used to portray the collective anger against things like pollution and social injustice. He is more like a force of nature that will upraise when the natural balance is upset cause Atlanteans would rather live in seclusion taking care of themselves and not bothering anyone else.

Namor isn't stupid, and if you read any of Namor's comics you would see that many times he's come to the defense of the humans, and stopped a war between the Atlanteans and Humans. He isn't bitching because he's losing, he's an anti hero who will do what it takes to protect his people from any more harm. Humans aren't the good guys to Atlanteans, not when the humans have constantly hurt them over the decades.

Maybe because Namor is taking an extreme position attacking anyone near the sea friendly or not? He is even attacking eco friendly plants . Because he is killing random employees of Roxxon without any conection why the evil CEO that only work in an oil plant? He could go against Dario Agger if he was man enough to fight him. But he let do that the Hulk.

Option 1: Talk to with the avengers , try to find a way to stop the responsable of the problem without harming inocents

Namor always takes 2.

Sorry I know this is an appreciation tread but I am a bit sick of everyone trashing the avengers , specially in the case of Namor that always falls in the error with all groups of heroes.

-Namor after the dragon destroys atlantis-: WAR , WAR WE HAVE BEEN BETRAYED , NO ONE WARNED US ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS. THIS IS TREASON.

Namor didn't start a war with the Avengers because he wants to war, maybe the Avengers shouldn't have dropped a freaking giant to crush his city, killing loads of his people, and making several children homeless, who were already tired of living in the oceans because the pollution of whom Roxxon is main culprit, then they tried to leave to go to the humans/avengers for help and the Surface Humans watched the kids die on the beach.

The dragon lived fine in Atlantis, who was only a danger to the people handling her, if you worked in a zoo as a handler you would be in danger of the creatures there too, and was loved by her people, the surface human put a device in her to control her to attack the Atlanteans, basically when Namor finally trusted the humans again, he was betrayed. He was willing to give Cho a chance, he was betrayed by others. That's what happens to Namor, he is constantly having to deal with human's destroying his home and when he gets mad about it, suddenly he's the problem here? nah. If you are sick of everyone bashing the Avengers then go complain in the Avengers thread. Namor isn't bitching because he's losing, he didn't start this war with Roxxon, they did by KILLING THE OCEANS with their pollution. Roxxon is the bad guy here. Not the King who wants them to stop polluting the oceans and killing his people.

Found on Tumblr, this art showing Avengers over the years and Namor (who was on the team for a short time) can be seen, though it's just his ear, lol.

Penciled by VARIOUS
    ON SALE AUGUST 2020
    The iconic characters of Marvel Comics are thrillingly presented like never before in this collection of posters by the pioneering artists of Mondo! The company’s acclaimed screen prints have won a cult following with their graphic style, creative approach — and tendency to sell out fast! Now you have a second chance to own some of the very best, curated from gallery exhibitions featuring bold takes on legendary heroes including Spider-Man, Thor and the X-Men. Each work of art is a labor of love from illustrators with a genuine passion for the Marvel Universe — and its many colorful characters! You won’t want to miss out on this instant collection of Marvel masterpieces that would grace any home or office!

Anyways getting back to appreciating Namor, this year will be the first ever #NAMORWEEK and I have posted info on the Namor Twitter for it as well as my namor blog, I will see how well this goes this year to see if this becomes a yearly tradition.

Namor always takes 2.

Namor is not stupid, as many of his decades of comics appearances have demonstrated, nor does he "bitch/bitching".

Namor is a very complex character with a long Marvel history. He is many things to many people: King, husband, lover, team-mate, champion, Defender of the Oceans and the Land, among others.

Besides being a complex character, Namor is a very different type of character. He is not for everyone. He is not your typical hero, nor is he like many fan-favorites such as Spider-Man, Ironman, Wolverine, Captain America, no disrespect to those characters or fans, of which, I am sure many of us are, myself included. Namor is just different.

He may not be for you, and that is fine. But, for us, we love him and this is his Appreciation Thread. This thread is also different than many on CBR. We are not having any of the negativity and fighting that other threads seem to thrive on. This is a peaceful, wonderful place to discuss all things Namor. You may not have known this, but now you do. Please respect us and this thread.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-08-2020 at 02:01 PM.