Page 90 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1840
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with you about Namor being a member of the Avengers.
    I remember reading about it in Avengers #262 during the '80s.
    Truly a momentous occasion that I'll always treasure...

This was one of the greatest Avengers lineups ever. Namor as an Avenger was great! Having Big John Buscema on art made things even better even though he used the weird triangular head in his Namor this time instead of his bullet one which I prefer!
    Last edited by Thor-El; 09-19-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Some big feels with this one. I loved this era of the Avengers. But I loved most of them until Dissembled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This was one of the greatest Avengers lineups ever. Namor as an Avenger was great! Having Big John Buscema on art made things even better!
    It was pretty awesome. The team up of Herc and Namor was perfect!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Not sure if I posted this before, but it's pretty enough to post again. I believe it is a custom statue, though I don't know if it is a commission. Obviously inspired by the David Finch cover for Invaders.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFVbVKED9S1/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Not sure if I posted this before, but it's pretty enough to post again. I believe it is a custom statue, though I don't know if it is a commission. Obviously inspired by the David Finch cover for Invaders.

I prefer Buscema and others to Finch but it is a cool statue.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 09-19-2020 at 09:21 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That is one gorgeous Namor statue. I think that A3 symbol is a company.

There was a Doctor Doom set of poseable figures designed by Ashley Wood by a company called ThreeA toys. You can see it in the product archive section on the Sideshow Collectibles site, which is for their sold out offerings. I checked around but I couldn't find a Namor statue done buy them. I think they do mostly high end poseable figures.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

AHHHHHH!!! I am dying, I want one so much! This is wonderful and thanks for sharing Rev!

Me either! Especially if it is the Namor the Sailor Man story. There's some wonkiness going on anatomy wise on that new cover, but I love that expression on his face. And EYEBROWS!!! So many questions for Alex Ross. I need to get my Twitter account set up. ugh.

I saw they are going to release a poster book of Alex Ross covers from the Ewing run on Hulk. I don't know why they didn't wait until the run is complete and get them all. I would LOVE if Namor could have an ongoing as successful with Alex Ross covers. Though, he's probably already done quite a few covers that have Namor on it, even if he's not the main subject. Hmmmm.

Yes, EXACTLY, on the anniversary issues. And not just the 80th, but the 75th also. It's so frustrating, especially when you see the success DC is having with their Namor knock offs. I just don't understand why Marvel isn't interested in investing in their original. It's like they've just decided to cede the aquatic hero genre to DC. So much potential, just wasted -- worse, abused to promote other characters. Ah well. At least we had you leading the charge for the fannish celebration of Namor's 80th anniversary. THANK YOU!
    I'm trying not to hope too hard it's the sailor story so I don't get disappointed (but also I really hope it is! lol)
    Marvel just needs someone in the Powers That Be to have some faith in the character and give him a solo for a few years, it is very upsetting to be a Namor fan year in and year out and wait for Marvel to toss some crumbs and I also wonder why they never treat a character of his caliber with the same respect as Captain America *sigh* at least we can have our mini this year! I wasn't even this excited when I heard the news of the new Invaders series last year. I am glad you enjoyed that poster! I will continue to hone my photoshop editing skills with more fan edits of the one and only king of the sea!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I prefer Buscema and others to Finch but it is a cool statue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is one gorgeous Namor statue. I think that A3 symbol is a company.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHHHH!!! I am dying, I want one so much! This is wonderful and thanks for sharing Rev!

Me too!

I think A3 is the company too, but I'm not sure if they are making this for sale, or if it is one of a kind.

I found the cover that inspired the statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    There was a Doctor Doom set of poseable figures designed by Ashley Wood by a company called ThreeA toys. You can see it in the product archive section on the Sideshow Collectibles site, which is for their sold out offerings. I checked around but I couldn't find a Namor statue done buy them. I think they do mostly high end poseable figures.
    Wow. I love that 'action figure'. I don't love the price, but, wow!

I'm not sure Namor makes as good an action figure. Naked flesh shows all the articulation. Whereas Doom's armor sort of hides the articulation.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-20-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm trying not to hope too hard it's the sailor story so I don't get disappointed (but also I really hope it is! lol)
    Marvel just needs someone in the Powers That Be to have some faith in the character and give him a solo for a few years, it is very upsetting to be a Namor fan year in and year out and wait for Marvel to toss some crumbs and I also wonder why they never treat a character of his caliber with the same respect as Captain America *sigh* at least we can have our mini this year! I wasn't even this excited when I heard the news of the new Invaders series last year. I am glad you enjoyed that poster! I will continue to hone my photoshop editing skills with more fan edits of the one and only king of the sea!
    Since that's the only Weiss pages I've seen, I'm going with Namor the Sailor Man. ;p Though, honestly, if it's any Weiss pages that are comparable to his story in Subby's old book, I think it was Subby 56, I will be very happy.

I'll never understand it either. There's a complete lack of investment in their seminal character. It's baffling. And sadly, as time has gone by, there are fewer creators who remember and realize how great the character truly is. It's already happened among the artists, who generally are younger than the writers. We don't need just another attempt at an ongoing. We need a defining run, like Brubaker's Cap or Ewing's Hulk. It is LONG over due. Too bad Marvel doesn't realize it, and we are left hoping that Feige will move on a movie to light a fire under editorial.

That said, I too am excited about Busiek's mini-series. He hasn't done much writing for Marvel, or DC, lately, so this is especially exciting. And, well, Lady Dorma!

I LOVE the 80th Annivesary poster you made. It's wonderful work!

Fred Hembeck on the pandemic. I feel a new avatar coming on.

Last edited by Reviresco; 09-21-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Nice to see Namor found a use for all those old pairs of trunks

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Nice to see Namor found a use for all those old pairs of trunks
    LOL! I know, right? I think someone mentioned Wonder Woman was wearing her pants also.

Mighty Member

Ha, ha,ha!!! I was gonna say love your avatar! Hembeck is a genius!

It was pretty awesome. The team up of Herc and Namor was perfect!
    Oh yeah, Roger Stern did a great job with those two. Marvel should have definitely kept Herc and Namor as friends.

Me too!

I think A3 is the company too, but I'm not sure if they are making this for sale, or if it is one of a kind.

I found the cover that inspired the statue.

Wow. I love that 'action figure'. I don't love the price, but, wow!

I'm not sure Namor makes as good an action figure. Naked flesh shows all the articulation. Whereas Doom's armor sort of hides the articulation.

I have this Namor figure. I'm just a couple of figures away from completing the Illuminati.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

It's great, but I prefer a more slender Namor, he looks like a body builder.