Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1840
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, you found the Timm art! Nice! I sort of like that first one better.

Yep, Alex Ross definitely appreciates our prince. I hope when we do get an ongoing, it will get the Alex Ross cover treatment that Cap and Hulk have been getting. Yes, I dream big. :P
    Me too, Namor is charging in the front and there is not such disproportionate importance to Cap as the one that ended up in the shirt.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

All three of them look like they are leaping toward the viewer in this one. And Namor's face on this one is more determined.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I haven't seen much interaction between the two since their time on Avengers so I'm not sure what the status is on their friendship.

Just seeing them on the Avengers together was fun. For all the ways Marvel tried to make Herc a boob, he friendship with Thor(Eric Masterson) and Namor in the Avengers was just fun to read.
    I'll always remember "May your beard grow inward."

All-New Member

You know I always thought Namor should over throw Neptune, take his title as "GOD" (take Crown inside Zeus pantheon). Neptune has never been of great help protecting Atlantis anyway. So this possibly would create conflict with Herc. I wrote a Namor book and the very next chapter that I never got the opportunity to write had Namor advancing on Mount Olympus ..

Quote Originally Posted by Yahna View Post
    You know I always thought Namor should over throw Neptune, take his title as "GOD" (take Crown inside Zeus pantheon). Neptune has never been of great help protecting Atlantis anyway. So this possibly would create conflict with Herc. I wrote a Namor book and the very next chapter that I never got the opportunity to write had Namor advancing on Mount Olympus ..
    I'm not so sure Namor would like being a god. He just doesn't seem to have the patience for it. LOL! He barely wants to rule Atlantis. IIRC, there was an issue where the Atlanteans were starting to treat him like a god, and it creeped him out.

That said, I'm thrilled a fan is writing about him! Let us know when you publish or post it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ouch! That's beyond painful.

Mighty Member

I would love to see it. I wish more people would start posting fan art and fan fiction here. Its a way to keep the character alive and the fandom interested. Specially when Marvel keeps dragging their feet with these characters.

There are good characters that Marvel practically kills giving them zero exposure for years. But its rare to see a major Marvel character like Namor pushed to the sidelines like he has been for years now.

Mighty Member

I really like this. Is a 3D image but its not my work.

I'm not sure about the hair on either of them. And Namor needs his speedo! But other than that, it's nice work, and a fun idea. Thanks for posting it, Thor-El!

A Namor cosplay in the Hasbro Pulse virtual con. I think he came in second, but now I can't find that post.

https://www.instagram.com/catman76/

Pleasantly surprised, I didn't realize the Namor story would be a 5 issue mini. I thought it was just a one-shot.

Mighty Member

I'm not sure about the hair on either of them. And Namor needs his speedo! But other than that, it's nice work, and a fun idea. Thanks for posting it, Thor-El!
    I like it because is very similar to what I wore when I cosplayed Namor.

A Namor cosplay in the Hasbro Pulse virtual con. I think he came in second, but now I can't find that post.

https://www.instagram.com/catman76/
    Cool!

I'm not so sure Namor would like being a god. He just doesn't seem to have the patience for it. LOL! He barely wants to rule Atlantis. IIRC, there was an issue where the Atlanteans were starting to treat him like a god, and it creeped him out.

That said, I'm thrilled a fan is writing about him! Let us know when you publish or post it.
    Namor is already, essentially, a demi-god. He's more akin to heroes like Hercules or Thor than Spider-Man or Captain America. While not a direct offspring of Neptune or any Olympian, he is a descendent and the powers imbued to him by his hybrid nature, are very mythological. He's not just a King of an undersea nation, but he's much more like a minor sea-god himself, even his nature and temperament are very much like many ancient sea-gods. Calm, caring and noble of full or terrifying, destructive rage. Often all at once.
    Last edited by Doombot; 09-27-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Mighty Member

Just going to drop this here so everyone can drool over. And no, its not mine but I wish!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Namor is already, essentially, a demi-god. He's more akin to heroes like Hercules or Thor than Spider-Man or Captain America. While not a direct offspring of Neptune or any Olympian, he is a descendent and the powers imbued to him by his hybrid nature, are very mythological. He's not just a King of an undersea nation, but he's much more like a minor sea-god himself, even his nature and temperament are very much like many ancient sea-gods. Calm, caring and noble of full or terrifying, destructive rage. Often all at once.
    I personally prefer if Namor had kept his Prince title, maybe because I read a lot of comics of that era first but I always felt as though it fit him better, however I wouldn't mind though if he became Emperor Namor, it sounds more regal than King and would set him apart from the other king of the sea over at DC. Still I think it would have been better for him to have had some story or short comic about him upgrading to the King title, some kinda ceremony or quest he should have done to prove he was ready to be called king, and I would like the same thing for him be called Emperor, like a test of his character/will almost like the Quest for the Trident. I def agree that Namor is more of a demi god than anything on Neptune's level and that's how it should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Lol, I love that interaction as well. I hope we get another Namor and Hercules team up they are one of my favorite Broships.

A person replied to one of my Namor posts calling Namor "Aquaman's Spoiled Prototype" lol, I really don't understand why Aquafans continue to hate on Namor fans when they have so much more popularity.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis