Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No problem, my friend! Glad to help.

It was a really important happening. However, the process got reversed for Magneto just a few years later our time, but it was much longerfor him in Marvel Time.

That scene always makes me laugh----look at all of those lil' whinners! While there is no sound effect, I can hear all of the "Waugggghhhs", lol!
    LOL! Now I'm wondering if Passive Agressive Cyclops also gave Magneto a crying baby ring tone?

Yes, that's what I meant. It was kind of like the sinking of Atlantis, after Morgan Le Fay raised it. That happened while I was taking a break from comics and I had to search and search for where it happened, cause it didn't happen a Namor book, because of course, we didn't have one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Can't remember if I posted this one before or not, but there's never a wrong time to post Marie Severin. I really wish I'd gotten to meet her or at least interact with her.

AHHHHHHHHHH! Marie is my FAVORITE Namor artist, and I haven't seen this before, what a delight! I'm going to share this on Twitter if that's alright? I love it! I wish you got to meet her too, she seems like an amazing person.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

The first time I read it was in Origins of Marvel Comics ... or maybe it's sequel.
    You're right the first time, Reviresco. Fireside's Origins of Marvel Comics (1974):

Definitely a classic (and a personal favorite of mine, as well).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-03-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're right the first time, Reviresco. Fireside's Origins of Marvel Comics (1974):

Ooooh, I had this book!

I sold it a few years ago. But that, Sons of Origins and the Marvel Women Book all had such fantastic covers and never-before-or-after-seen coloring!! It was so unique!

Mighty Member

Awesome! This is from the classic Hulk #118. It was reprinted several times. The first time I read it was in Origins of Marvel Comics ... or maybe it's sequel.

I love how Trimpe drew the whirling water around Hulk. Really shows the movement.
    That what I had when I was a kid. Too bad I fell asleep on too many times as a kid. That is one of the collections that made me love marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    AHHHHHHHHHH! Marie is my FAVORITE Namor artist, and I haven't seen this before, what a delight! I'm going to share this on Twitter if that's alright? I love it! I wish you got to meet her too, she seems like an amazing person.

Of course! I got it online somewhere. I think it was in the Marie Severin's art book.

I love her work. She's definitely one of the grand dame's of comics and Marvel in particular. I really want to get this artist print from the 1970s featuring her, and Namor of course.a

Ah, found it. It's from Foom 8.

modern color by Rachelle Rosenberg

https://twitter.com/BrowseTheStacks/...42826456920065
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Yes! That's it! I still have a hardcover of it, packed up. I think it was the first hardcover I ever bought.

I think that's part of the reason I always loved Romita's Namor, between this cover and Subby 67, where the black suit was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Ooooh, I had this book!

I sold it a few years ago. But that, Sons of Origins and the Marvel Women Book all had such fantastic covers and never-before-or-after-seen coloring!! It was so unique!
    Yep! Son of Origins and Bring on the Bad Guys!

These books came out before there was such a thing as trades, so it was first time we got to see some of these old issues.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    That what I had when I was a kid. Too bad I fell asleep on too many times as a kid. That is one of the collections that made me love marvel comics.
    LOL! I can see that happening, falling asleep while reading and re-reading these stories.

Mighty Member

Can't remember if I posted this one before or not, but there's never a wrong time to post Marie Severin. I really wish I'd gotten to meet her or at least interact with her.

Wow! I've never seen this one. By the way Namor's hair looks it must be fairly recent as Namor hair looks quite different from how they use the draw it in the silver age. Its kind of longer and they hardly ever show strands on the back.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Anyone remember The Initiative: Submariner story? I remember the ending well but can’t remember how good/bad the rest of it was? With namors son?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Anyone remember The Initiative: Submariner story? I remember the ending well but can’t remember how good/bad the rest of it was? With namors son?
    Oh yes! One of the best endings ever! Only to be completely wasted and never followed up on.

I have mixed feeling about the series, mostly, I'm sure, because I'm an old school fan, who grew up on the Noble Sub-Mariner, not exactly the Namor we have now. I thought the premise of Kamar was ridiculous, both for a ruling monarch and for Namor. And I couldn't see Namor being anywhere near as ruthless as he is portrayed in the series, especially with Kamar.

Are you asking what happened to Kamar?

Other than that, I thought the series was pretty good. It highlighted the political side of Namor and Atlantis and was like a tour of the MU, and gave you an idea of how Namor interacted with it. It had some great Namor brawling moments and some snarky Namor, also. Loved the art!

Despite my personal misgivings, I usually recommend this for modern comics readers who are interested in checking out a Namor book.

Alex Ross posted the Namor pic I'd only seen on a bad pic of a museum wall!

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...98022185467908

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow! I've never seen this one. By the way Namor's hair looks it must be fairly recent as Namor hair looks quite different from how they use the draw it in the silver age. Its kind of longer and they hardly ever show strands on the back.
    It looks like this was done in 2003. Marie used to give Namor a few strands of hair out of place, but definitely not as long as it is here.

Mighty Member

I saw this on his instagram. Alex Ross Namor pictures are always such masterpieces!!!! What talent!

This is beautiful! I love how the gold is "that gold"--that perfect color and very metallicy looking. Perfect!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I would have to look again but I totally recall Namor having some hair loose during "Action shots" and you could see some stands that weren't slicked back to his head in Marie's art. I really love how she showed motion in her work, her Namor was great!

Of course! I got it online somewhere. I think it was in the Marie Severin's art book.

I love her work. She's definitely one of the grand dame's of comics and Marvel in particular. I really want to get this artist print from the 1970s featuring her, and Namor of course.a

Ah, found it. It's from Foom 8.

modern color by Rachelle Rosenberg

https://twitter.com/BrowseTheStacks/...42826456920065
    I haven't seen this colored! This is wonderfully done! Thanks for sharing Rev!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis