Page 49 of 123 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Anyone remember The Initiative: Submariner story? I remember the ending well but can’t remember how good/bad the rest of it was? With namors son?
    Yes I reread it from time to time because I love the art there. It's a very contained story and I dislike the Kamar arc simply because I don't think you should give a character a child unless you plan on doing something with that in the future, don't just introduce them then have them killed off. Also I refuse to believe that Namor would ever send his son away. Also Kamar should have had blue skin imo, by that point he was only one quarter human if his mother was an Atlantean noble woman. I always think that this is the comic where Marvel made the turn from Silver Age/Bronze Age Namor characterization and into the Modern Age "more ruthless" Namor that other writers picked up on like Hickman. My favorite part of the series is Namor swimming through concrete to beat up Logan who tried to trap him in the X-Mansion pool, lol.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh yes! One of the best endings ever! Only to be completely wasted and never followed up on.

I have mixed feeling about the series, mostly, I'm sure, because I'm an old school fan, who grew up on the Noble Sub-Mariner, not exactly the Namor we have now. I thought the premise of Kamar was ridiculous, both for a ruling monarch and for Namor. And I couldn't see Namor being anywhere near as ruthless as he is portrayed in the series, especially with Kamar.

Are you asking what happened to Kamar?

Other than that, I thought the series was pretty good. It highlighted the political side of Namor and Atlantis and was like a tour of the MU, and gave you an idea of how Namor interacted with it. It had some great Namor brawling moments and some snarky Namor, also. Loved the art!

Despite my personal misgivings, I usually recommend this for modern comics readers who are interested in checking out a Namor book.
    I still dream about what would have happened if Marvel ever gave us the Namor and Doom team up that was hinted at. ):

Alex Ross posted the Namor pic I'd only seen on a bad pic of a museum wall!

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...98022185467908
    Alex Ross is a master of his work, I hope we someday get a Namor series with all Alex Ross cover art like the Immortal Hulk, which by the way have you read it Rev? It's a great comic.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Alex Ross posted the Namor pic I'd only seen on a bad pic of a museum wall!

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...98022185467908
    I’m ready for the new Namor ongoing, written by Cates, art by Carlo Magni, and covers by Ross.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I saw this on his instagram. Alex Ross Namor pictures are always such masterpieces!!!! What talent!
    I really liked the paintings he did in this series. They are more iconic looking than his usual Marvel covers. I always think his Marvel art is more dynamic and than DC, but then it tends to be less iconic. Of course, DC is more about the god like superheros than the flawed, every day heroes like Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is beautiful! I love how the gold is "that gold"--that perfect color and very metallicy looking. Perfect!
    I think Alex Ross has a signature metal style ... which is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Alex Ross is a master of his work, I hope we someday get a Namor series with all Alex Ross cover art like the Immortal Hulk, which by the way have you read it Rev? It's a great comic.
    I have! I'm definitely going to get the trades. I can see why folks are raving about Immortal Hulk.

Of course, now I'm even more envious and more wanting a new iconic take on Namor by a great creative team. It's long overdue. And yes! Consistent covers by Alex Ross would be amazing! And I bet he'd be up for it also.

Though, I have to say, the artists they picked for that Sub-Mariner Initiative series were high quality. I mean, every one was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m ready for the new Namor ongoing, written by Cates, art by Carlo Magni, and covers by Ross.
    That's what I'm talking about! We need a long iconic run!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Classic Namor vs Herc from the Avengers comic:

namor vs herc 1.jpg

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Classic Namor vs Herc from the Avengers comic:

namor vs herc 1.jpg
    OMG. I LOVE this story. Namor and Herc are GOLD!

Look at that first panel. LOL! Herc doesn't even have words. lol!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

The reason they fought was because Herc saw how depressed Namor was due to be removed from Atlantis. So he started a fight to pull him out of his low mood. Yep he did that. Hercules the Dr. of psychotherapy.

Mighty Member

Ladies and Gentleman, the uber talented Simone Bianchi:

Beautiful! Wow, look at Namor dish some out to Sentry! That is quite an amount of blood.

Love Namor's costume including wrist-bands too!

Mighty Member

I got this last week from Ebay as a 11 x 17 poster, waiting to get a frame for it now. This one and a Jack Kirby Silver Surfer from MMMS.

Mighty Member

OMG. I LOVE this story. Namor and Herc are GOLD!

Look at that first panel. LOL! Herc doesn't even have words. lol!
    I have the original comics of this awesome story but I will try to get this digital, cause I love how the digital version makes the drawings so sharp and clear, some people hate it though.

I have the original comics of this awesome story but I will try to get this digital, cause I love how the digital version makes the drawings so sharp and clear, some people hate it though.
    I'm not a digital reader, but I like to have digital copies of Namor stuff for reference where I can get a connection, and for screen shots.

Fortunately, Comixology is having a sale on tons of Avengers books, including this one. Plus, for TODAY ONLY, you can use a Buy One Get One Off code (Marvel2020), so you are getting them for half the sale price! So, if you buy the Epic collection that contains this issue, plus other Namor appearances in Avengers, and another Epic collection, you get a $40 for $4.

They also have a tone of their FF books on sale too, so there's plenty of Namor appearances that you can buy in single issues or trade for real cheap.

Oh, you might have to do it in multi-orders, though, since the code takes off the cheapest books. So don't buy a bunch of trades and single issues at the same time. It will take off the .99 and charge you the full sale price of the trades. I ordered all my single issues on one order, then placed an order with two trades that are the same price. And then another order with two same priced trades of a higher price than the previous order.

I LOVE Bianchi's art. I would LOVE for him to do a Namor book. Or an arc! Or a one-shot! Not only are his figures amazing, but look at that setting? He's a world builder.

This is such an awesome cover. Really shows how powerful Namor is. I love how he's leaping out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Beautiful! Wow, look at Namor dish some out to Sentry! That is quite an amount of blood.

Love Namor's costume including wrist-bands too!
    YES! The nice details, where Bianchi makes the iconic costume his own.

I got this last week from Ebay as a 11 x 17 poster, waiting to get a frame for it now. This one and a Jack Kirby Silver Surfer from MMMS.
    I've seen that on eBay. Is it folded?

Those old MMMS / FOOM posters are great! I have the Namor one, but it's done by John Buscema from the #1 cover.