Page 104 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1840
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

When Ewing finishes his run on Hulk, if he doesn’t do a Nova/other space related book, I’d love to see him tackle a Namor, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, or Defenders book. Bring in Janekyrie.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Doing my ‘87-Onslaught Avengers related Marvel Comics read through, and the Byrne Namor book is one I’m eagerly anticipating to add. Also that little 2-parter with Namor, the Hulk, and Dr. Strange by PAD and Keown is a fun little jaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I agree! The OG team/series was my fave.

Out of curiosity what was your favorite storyline for the Defenders? In any comic?
    Hmmn, that is a hard one to answer, since I liked so many, lol! I guess I would break it down by issues. 1-21 were the best to me. 30-50 the second best. Then, maybe 57-87.

I liked the mysterious, mystical feeling of the first 21 issues. There were so many interesting characters, mysteries to be solved, and other story tangents that they could have done, but never did. A great writer could pick up on that with a new series!

What were your favorite issues or stories?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hmmn, that is a hard one to answer, since I liked so many, lol! I guess I would break it down by issues. 1-21 were the best to me. 30-50 the second best. Then, maybe 57-87.

I liked the mysterious, mystical feeling of the first 21 issues. There were so many interesting characters, mysteries to be solved, and other story tangents that they could have done, but never did. A great writer could pick up on that with a new series!

What were your favorite issues or stories?
    I would definitely say the beginning 20ish issues like you, I kinda lost interest when the OG team fully was traded out for the others. Not that I hated the newer characters but just that I wasn't as interested without the Namor, Strange, Hulk dynamic there. I think the 2005 series was a lot of fun, and oh one of my fave issues was the silent one from the 2001 series, issue 12, the art isn't my preferred style but it was great imo bc you could see the dynamics of the main four without any words and that's why I think this non-team worked so well. The feeling I got from Best Defense's final issue makes me wish we had an ongoing in that style. I wish Marvel would make a animated Defenders too!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    When Ewing finishes his run on Hulk, if he doesn’t do a Nova/other space related book, I’d love to see him tackle a Namor, Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, or Defenders book. Bring in Janekyrie.
    I think the OG Valkyrie is coming back in Return of the Valkyries where I saw a cover of Jane and other Valkyries, however it would be fun to have both of them on the team.

I would definitely say the beginning 20ish issues like you, I kinda lost interest when the OG team fully was traded out for the others. Not that I hated the newer characters but just that I wasn't as interested without the Namor, Strange, Hulk dynamic there. I think the 2005 series was a lot of fun, and oh one of my fave issues was the silent one from the 2001 series, issue 12, the art isn't my preferred style but it was great imo bc you could see the dynamics of the main four without any words and that's why I think this non-team worked so well. The feeling I got from Best Defense's final issue makes me wish we had an ongoing in that style. I wish Marvel would make a animated Defenders too!
    Oh, yes, definitely! You know I would be watching that, lol!

The animation could be so great. Imagine Namor, Silver Surfer and Doc Strange flying with Valkyrie astride Aragorn and Hulk leaping!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Ewing sort of did that on the Best Defense mini-series, minus Val. IIRC, he pitched the story and wrote the final issue where the Defenders got together to Nebulon. Of course, that was also sort of a space book. LOL!

I think the OG Valkyrie is coming back in Return of the Valkyries where I saw a cover of Jane and other Valkyries, however it would be fun to have both of them on the team.
    Is Val coming back in that mini-series? Her origin and names are very confusing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh, yes, definitely! You know I would be watching that, lol!

The animation could be so great. Imagine Namor, Silver Surfer and Doc Strange flying with Valkyrie astride Aragorn and Hulk leaping!
    That would be so cool. Marvel really needs to revamp their animated shows. They should go back to that one show a day format like with different teams, for ex they could have one for each day of the week: xmen, fantastic four, avengers, and defenders etc. Throw in a fish king for their Friday show. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ewing sort of did that on the Best Defense mini-series, minus Val. IIRC, he pitched the story and wrote the final issue where the Defenders got together to Nebulon. Of course, that was also sort of a space book. LOL!

Is Val coming back in that mini-series? Her origin and names are very confusing.
    Her origin was confusing but I do think she is coming back. The solicit for Return of the Valkyries say it's Dani, Jane, a new warrior (to Jane's other side) and a Valkyrie who had been there all along. It said Jane was going to be working to restore the Valkyrie army. On the cover you see a blonde Valkyrie in back:

king-in-black-return-of-the-valkyries-1-1240573.jpg

That would be so cool. Marvel really needs to revamp their animated shows. They should go back to that one show a day format like with different teams, for ex they could have one for each day of the week: xmen, fantastic four, avengers, and defenders etc. Throw in a fish king for their Friday show. Lol

Her origin was confusing but I do think she is coming back. The solicit for Return of the Valkyries say it's Dani, Jane, a new warrior (to Jane's other side) and a Valkyrie who had been there all along. It said Jane was going to be working to restore the Valkyrie army. On the cover you see a blonde Valkyrie in back:

king-in-black-return-of-the-valkyries-1-1240573.jpg
    LOL, Fish Fry Friday!

Oh, I really Hope our Valkyrie Val (Brunhilde) is returning, as well as the rest of the Valkyrior!!

Juan is on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

CAPTAIN MARVEL #25

KELLY THOMPSON (W), LEE GARBETT (A)

Cover by JORGE MOLINA

MARVEL VS. ALIEN VARIANT COVER BY JAMIE MCKELVIE

IN THE LION'S DEN! As OVE's plans for CAPTAIN MARVEL are uncovered, Carol and her team must call upon new weapons and heroes -- both new and old -- to save Earth from his reign. Thunder and lightning -- magic spells and mighty fists -- it's no holds barred against a mad king for the fate of this world...and maybe so much more?

32 pages, $3.99.
    Though I am really tired of our undersea folk being labeled 'mad kings.'
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Juan is on fire!

Though I am really tired of our undersea folk being labeled 'mad kings.'
    You are right. How come it is not "the mad surface world"? (There are soooo many mad and angry people top-side here!)

That cover is great artwork!

Alternate cover for KiB Namor #3 by Paul Renaud!

Marvel Snapshots is being collected in a hardcover! I wish they had put Namor on the cover, but I'm not surprised that Marvel didn't.

MARVELS SNAPSHOTS HC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK, ALAN BRENNERT, EVAN DORKIN, SARAH DYER, MARK RUSSELL, JAY EDIDIN,
    BARBARA RANDALL KESEL, HOWARD CHAYKIN, SALADIN AHMED & MARK WAID
    Penciled by JERRY ORDWAY, BENJAMIN DEWEY, RAMÓN K. PÉREZ, TOM REILLY, STAZ JOHNSON,
    HOWARD CHAYKIN, RYAN KELLY & Claire Roe
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    Celebrate the history of the House of Ideas! Curator Kurt Busiek and an awesome assemblage of talent present a series of tales featuring some of Marvel's greatest heroes — as seen through the wide eyes of ordinary residents of the Marvel Universe! From the Sub-Mariner fighting in World War II to the dawn of the Marvel Age to the very different conflict of the superhuman Civil War, witness the lives, loves and losses of the everyday people caught up in the adventures of Spider-Man, Captain America, the Avengers, Captain Marvel and more! These unique perspectives include those of henchmen, first responders, old flames…and even a teenage pre-Cyclops Scott Summers! Collecting SUB-MARINER: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS, FANTASTIC FOUR: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS, CAPTAIN AMERICA: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS, X-MEN: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS, AVENGERS: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS, SPIDER-MAN: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS, CIVIL WAR: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS and CAPTAIN MARVEL: MARVELS SNAPSHOTS.
    264 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92496-6
    Trim size: 7-1/4 x 10-7/8

Ahhhhhhhh! That cover is SO BEAUTIFUL. I cannot wait to see the interior art as well! Looking forward to seeing Ove in Captain Marvel too.

Doing my ‘87-Onslaught Avengers related Marvel Comics read through, and the Byrne Namor book is one I’m eagerly anticipating to add. Also that little 2-parter with Namor, the Hulk, and Dr. Strange by PAD and Keown is a fun little jaunt.
    I'm curious to hear your opinion on the Byrne Namor.

Is that the Annuals with the Rick Jones and Namor body switch? That was hilarious!