Page 38 of 123 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Ugh! Watch next Amadeos Cho start pounding Namor and doing some damage (at least ) cause I can assure you Pak is going to totally ignore the power levels established for Namor by Aaron in Avengers. I still like the artwork, specially the way he draws Namor facial features and expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ugh! Watch next Amadeos Cho start pounding Namor and doing some damage (at least ) cause I can assure you Pak is going to totally ignore the power levels established for Namor by Aaron in Avengers. I still like the artwork, specially the way he draws Namor facial features and expressions.
    Yeah, shouldn't Namor be able to wipe the (ocean) floor with Cho, lol?

Marvel has not abided the different strength and power levels for a good 25 years now, but I wish they would. I feel like they have placed virtually every (major) character at the same level, whereas in the past we had all sorts of power/strength levels. Characters were still loved irregardless of how strong or potent blasts they had, because the characters were fleshed out with personality. Characters were loved for themselves.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thanks, IW!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Pak had Namor take on Herc in a pretty even fight. I'm trying to think if Pak wrote Hulk going against Namor .... Though, it appears they ignoring the black eyes bit.

They also seem to be ignoring the fact that Atlantis is in the Atlantic. Not the Pacific. WTF?

The art is fine, but for Neptune's sake, SHAVE! And get a hair cut. This scruffy look is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, shouldn't Namor be able to wipe the (ocean) floor with Cho, lol?

Marvel has not abided the different strength and power levels for a good 25 years now, but I wish they would. I feel like they have placed virtually every (major) character at the same level, whereas in the past we had all sorts of power/strength levels. Characters were still loved irregardless of how strong or potent blasts they had, because the characters were fleshed out with personality. Characters were loved for themselves.
    Nope. I'm just not much into the power levels / battle board stuff. Especially since so much of it now depends on whose book the fight takes place. Insert my common complaint / rant about why Namor needs a book.

I don't know much about Cho's Hulk. But he certainly shouldn't be able to beat Namor underwater.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, Namor. Not ANOTHER surprise proposal to a surface gal!

I read several of those strips when they were coming out, but got distracted from it. IIRC, wasn't it also about Namor being mad about surface world pollution ... and it was killing Atlanteans?
    Yes! There was pollution and Namor was not happy about it which is why he was trying to close the sea to all the humans, a Atlantan boy was sick and he brought him to the surface to show the UN. But Mj got the boy to a doctor while Namor fought Spidey, namor leaves to prepare for war and the boy is healed and returns to ocean, Namor brings him aboard the ship then goes to war but is stopped once again bc the doctor turned out to be a granddaughter of Betty Dean! And she reminds Namor of her and after some talking he decides to not attack. It's a very fun strip and I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No problem. There's 80 plus years or lore, after all. LOL

I have to disagree with Moore on that count, however. I imagine the Atlanteans had more than one female ruler.
    Even fake!Fen was empress for a short while.

Also I did ask Kurt Busiek about a Namor solo, and I think it's as we all suspected, Namor's best chance at one is if he gets into the movies. Well, I will keep up my email campaign and hope for the best from Marvel.

Screenshot_20200316-160323_Twitter.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Amadeus is not a Hulk anymore and shouldn't be that strong but in this preview he Hulks out again somehow, and when he was Hulk at his best he was very strong (although I don't remember like his feats or whatever from World War Hulk II). So if he is a Hulk again at his peak he can still make modern buffed Namor sweat.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Amadeus is not a Hulk anymore and shouldn't be that strong but in this preview he Hulks out again somehow, and when he was Hulk at his best he was very strong (although I don't remember like his feats or whatever from World War Hulk II). So if he is a Hulk again at his peak he can still make modern buffed Namor sweat.
    I haven't been keeping up with Cho since he Hulked out. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED him and Herc together. I also loved Ares and Wonderman together. Pak and VanLente were golden in that Herc run. So much fun. I will never forget this page. "I cannot hear you over returning fire." LOL!

And of course, the Namor and Herc ... interactions were awesome in that run also.

I really want a Namor solo book, but I'd settle for Pak or VanLente or Gillen or Roger Stern writing a Namor and Herc buddy book. That would be so hilarious!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yes! There was pollution and Namor was not happy about it which is why he was trying to close the sea to all the humans, a Atlantan boy was sick and he brought him to the surface to show the UN. But Mj got the boy to a doctor while Namor fought Spidey, namor leaves to prepare for war and the boy is healed and returns to ocean, Namor brings him aboard the ship then goes to war but is stopped once again bc the doctor turned out to be a granddaughter of Betty Dean! And she reminds Namor of her and after some talking he decides to not attack. It's a very fun strip and I enjoyed it.
    Awwwww! That's awesome! I missed the granddaughter of Betty Dean. That's cool!

Even fake!Fen was empress for a short while.
    That's right! Artys Gran!

Also I did ask Kurt Busiek about a Namor solo, and I think it's as we all suspected, Namor's best chance at one is if he gets into the movies. Well, I will keep up my email campaign and hope for the best from Marvel.

Screenshot_20200316-160323_Twitter.jpg
    Thanks for asking him! Though ... compared to some other characters Marvel has been trying to push, {cough} MoonKnightCaptainMarvelSpiderWomanetc {cough} I don't think Namor has had that many series. A decade since his last book is waaaaaaay too long.

But, of course, he's right. If Namor is ever in the MCU, Marvel will suddenly remember they have the original aquatic sea prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    about that-- the Grant Morrison 4 3 2 1 story, didn't that feature Namor having some influence over a rainstorm?
    I remember how useful that was against Johnny's flame.

Namor also implied being able to nullify Sue's force-field.

Interesting new things about Namor that I wish could be explored even further.

So, even going back to being a Hulk, Cho didn't stand a chance.

I'm beginning to suspect that the cover of Atlantis Attack is misleading and Wave is going to be Queen of Sirens, not Atlantis.

It was not as bad as I expected. For me the comic makes it quite clear that, past Atlantis history aside, clearly Pan is the bad guy here, not Namor. He is just fucking angry but with reason.

PD: Oh, it looks like he still has hydrokinesis.
    Last edited by Glio; 03-18-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Namor was never in the wrong, and the intention was never for him to be in the wrong. This is incredibly obvious if you read the previous Pak books leading up to Atlantis Attacks.

However if you just jump in on the one with Namor on it, it looks like that, because the intention was to lead you to believe that.

The previous Agents of Atlas and Aero/Wave books make it incredibly clear Pan and the Sirenas are the villains, but in a way that from the heroes perspectives they're just really sleezy at worst.

I didn't read Aero so I don't know who are these Sirens. I have a feeling that Atlantis already has about 50 forgotten ancient races that it was at war with.

In today's issue we see that Namor still does have his "water bending" powers which is great when it's used really subtly like this. I am trying not to spoil too much until everyone has read it, but overall I see that the stuff Pak has been building up seems to be paying off which is great. The OG Agents of Atlas are on Atlantis's side while the New Agents are split due their morals/allies, I feel like the Sirenas could be an interesting group if they keep getting fleshed out like this. Namor wasn't out of the game for long and I feel like the next issue will be explosive.

Also I loved finally seeing Namor out of the shoulder armor, now if they just put him in a speedo then it will be better

The History of the Sirenas vs the Atlanteans

BANNED

Is it me or does anyone find Namor's Arrogance EXTREMELY SEXY???? Like it's VERY attractive to me.......NO?

Ok, i'll keep that to myself. LOL