Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    No, girl, biceps should be BIGGER than his head! Here! Inspired by IW's pic and because its Flex Friday a couple of Namor pictures.

Nicely done!

{looks at my puny biceps and looks at my big head}

And to the board: Its back and shoulders workout for me today and if you go to the gym too have an awesome workout! And if you don't its never too late to start. May these pinups offer some inspiration so that you may kill it at the gym!
    Oh dear. I'm just trying to get back to daily walking. :P
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I'm so glad he has a Twitter, I'm trying very hard not to seem too much of a fanboy when posting in his twitter but I dont think I'm making a good job, I'm such a fan of his artwork!. Him and Alan Davis and a couple others just cant do anything bad in my book.
    I've never seen an artist dislike appreciation of his work. I'm sure it's cool, as long as you are a fanboy and not a fanstalker. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thor-El, I'll have to look at your Fancast more closely, later, but I have to say, Johnny Depp as Emperor Tha-Korr could be really interesting. Or if the Emperor doesn't get a big enough role, than perhaps Krang? Or U-Man? Cause I do like Daniel Dae Kim for Krang. If they'd done the Subby movie 10 or 15 years ago, like they were planning, I could see him doing Namor, but now, I could easily see him doing Krang.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-10-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks, Reviresco. Your list was my inspiration.

I've got a DC list coming too, where we are thinking alike.

Daredevil, Vol. 1 #7 is a classic:

And since Frank Miller is synonymous with Daredevil, I thought it would be nice if he could do an homage & have a go at Namor.
    Ah, gotcha. I'll have to look. Some of these artists have actually drawn Namor, but early on, before their style and fame was established. I'm thinking of Mignola and Jim Lee and Sienkiewicz in particular.

Completely understandable. Honestly, I wasn't trying to cause any trouble.
    No trouble at all. I love Frank Cho's covers. He's very versatile, and can do alot more than what he's known for.

Me too. They'd totally kill it, IMHO.
    IIRC, they actually started on a second series, and there are some pages / thumbnails floating around, but it didn't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    From Saladin Ahmed's Twitter! Looks like I need to catch up on Serpent War!
    Attachment 92882
    Attachment 92883
    About damn time.

Though, I think it IS canonical that Kull and Conan's Atlantis is Namor's Atlantis. The Serpent Crown was created for Namor's book. The Lemurians look scaly because they worshipped Set. Tales of Atlantis specially talks about the last rulers of pre-Catacylsm Atlantis. One of the main royal relics are the Sword of Kamuu and the Eye of Zarta. There was also that Atlantean sorceress someone mentioned who was banished for playing Cassandra ... I hope Ahmed has read up on this stuff.

I haven't read anything from Saladin but the Serpent Crown, Namor and Mephisto is an irresistible combination for me, will have to pick this up, just wish it wasn't a Conan book. I like Conan but I'm salty Namor is not the main character in a story with these elements.

Well, you've read his Hippie Namor, at his panels here. Obviously, this will be different. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just hoping that we don't see Conan holding his breath while trying to raid Namor's Atlantis.

No, girl, biceps should be BIGGER than his head! Here! Inspired by IW's pic and because its Flex Friday a couple of Namor pictures.

And to the board: Its back and shoulders workout for me today and if you go to the gym too have an awesome workout! And if you don't its never too late to start. May these pinups offer some inspiration so that you may kill it at the gym!
    As usual, I am Loving these pumped-up Namors, Thor-El!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Thor-El, I'll have to look at your Fancast more closely, later, but I have to say, Johnny Depp as Emperor Tha-Korr could be really interesting. Or if the Emperor doesn't get a big enough role, than perhaps Krang? Or U-Man? Cause I do like Daniel Dae Kim for Krang. If they'd done the Subby movie 10 or 15 years ago, like they were planning, I could see him doing Namor, but now, I could easily see him doing Krang.
    Yes! In the movie, definitely want some Atlantean Villains like U-Man and Tyrak too!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

So Squadron Supreme is getting a 2 issue comic. At this point is everyone just getting spin off comics and solos except Namor? At least I have Snapshots to look forward to this year.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

So Squadron Supreme is getting a 2 issue comic. At this point is everyone just getting spin off comics and solos except Namor? At least I have Snapshots to look forward to this year.
    RANT!!!

Seriously. WTF. I thought the Juggernaut announcement was the last straw, but, of course, Marvel can always go lower when it comes to Namor fans.

Of course, I wasn't expecting much, when once again, Marvel announces that their newest event will touch EVERY PART OF THE MU!!! Except for the 75% of Earth that is covered by water, which will, once again, be ignored or get a panel or two. So much fail, Marvel.

Mighty Member

Nicely done!
    {looks at my puny biceps and looks at my big head}
    Oh dear. I'm just trying to get back to daily walking. :P
    Thanks Rev, and daily walking is great! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    As usual, I am Loving these pumped-up Namors, Thor-El!
    Thank you, Phoenixx9!

Mighty Member

RANT!!!

Seriously. WTF. I thought the Juggernaut announcement was the last straw, but, of course, Marvel can always go lower when it comes to Namor fans.

Of course, I wasn't expecting much, when once again, Marvel announces that their newest event will touch EVERY PART OF THE MU!!! Except for the 75% of Earth that is covered by water, which will, once again, be ignored or get a panel or two. So much fail, Marvel.
    I'm more disapointed that this project: https://www.cbr.com/the-marvels-kurt...ildiray-cinar/ doesn't have Namor in it but Cap and Torch are front and center!

RANT!!!

Honestly I wish we had someone in the Powers that Be that liked Namor, and could push for him to have a series, I don't want to wait for the maybe movie appearance they say might happen just to have him front and center again. These days its all about whoever is going to be in the mcu.

I'm more disapointed that this project: https://www.cbr.com/the-marvels-kurt...ildiray-cinar/ doesn't have Namor in it but Cap and Torch are front and center!
    They mentioned the focus on the All Winners Squad rather than Invaders, so Namor is definitely still in there even if he isn't on this cover. I'm hoping we get another cover from Ross though!

Mighty Member

They mentioned the focus on the All Winners Squad rather than Invaders, so Namor is definitely still in there even if he isn't on this cover. I'm hoping we get another cover from Ross though!
    Ah! That makes sense, thank you I.W. for pointing me to that article. Should have faith Mr. Busiek never disappoints.

If anyone here would like to post one or two of their favorite Namor featured cover art please do. I will be picking out comic covers to create a wallpaper to use for the Namor blog and I will be also posting the wallpaper for others to use as well. This week I am currently fixing things and adding updated links and info to the blog for any new fans who stumble across it. Thanks!

Ah! That makes sense, thank you I.W. for pointing me to that article. Should have faith Mr. Busiek never disappoints.
    You're welcome Thor-El

Thanks Rev, and daily walking is great! Keep it up!
    That's the rumor I hear ... but being a couch potato is soooo tempting after work. ;p

Honestly I wish we had someone in the Powers that Be that liked Namor, and could push for him to have a series, I don't want to wait for the maybe movie appearance they say might happen just to have him front and center again. These days its all about whoever is going to be in the mcu.

Sad, but true.

I really don't know what it will take to make Marvel treat Namor like the A-list character he should be. You'd think they would learn something from DC's success with the Namor analogs.

Honestly, I felt like going off on another rant on that, because I'm so tired of Marvel claiming something is about the whole MU, but then it completely ignores the biggest area of the planet, the oceans, and the oldest and one of the most connected characters in the MU. We could have something really amazing, visually and story wise, underwater, but instead we HAVE to have yet another grim- noir cityscape with the Punisher. Or, OMG, moar Spider-man???

However, it's supposed to be an ongoing series, so perhaps it will get around to doing something awesome for Namor and the Atlanteans ... unless we get Robinsoned, yet again. Hopefully Marvel has learned from the Marvel Presents series and won't price it at $5 a piece.