Page 69 of 123 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1840
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Not always. Lately, IMO TPTB at Marvel have gone too far in making Namor & Atlantis the aggressor in their relations with T'Challa & Wakanda. I guess I am getting nostalgic for Priest's Strum und Drang arc in his Black Panther series. Namor and T'Challa were able to avoid a conflict that could have dragged in Genosha, Latveria, Lemuria, Wakanda and Atlantis. I really enjoyed the intelligent way Priest handled the multi-nation crisis. There were more pages of discussion than superhero fisticuffs
    IM those are fabulous panels! Which issues are they from so I can read them on Unlimited? This partial lockdown (I'm currently reporting for work for one week, then back to WFH on a four-week rotational basis) so I have plenty of time,
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Today is Bill's Everett's 103rd birthday!
    Bill Blake Everett [May 18, 1917 - February 27, 1973]

John Arcudi on Twitter has posted some of Bill's arts and there is this satire of Jack Kirby's art I've never seen before!

Happy Birthday BILL EVERETT! IMPERIUS REX!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    IM those are fabulous panels! Which issues are they from so I can read them on Unlimited? This partial lockdown (I'm currently reporting for work for one week, then back to WFH on a four-week rotational basis) so I have plenty of time,
    Glad to see you are doing OK... and on top of everything else there was Typhoon Vongfong. I hope your didn't have any damage where you live. It's getting to be like the End of Days!

Sorry to be slow with my reply. They are from the Sturm und Drang arc in Black Panther (1998 - 2003) in Marvel Unlimited, Issues 25 - 29. I loved the team of Sal Velluto and Bob Almond (inker) on the art. It was a great combo and it lasted for several years of the run.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-20-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Mighty Member

Glad to see you are doing OK... and on top of everything else there was Typhoon Vongfong. I hope your didn't have any damage where you live. It's getting to be like the End of Days!

Sorry to be slow with my reply. They are from the Sturm un Drang arc in Black Panther (2003 - 2008) in Marvel Unlimite. Issues 25 - 29. I loved the team of Sal Velluto and Bob Almond (inker) on the art. It was a great combo and it lasted for several years of the run.
    That should be Black Panther (1998-2003). I'm not sure but I think its only 27 & 28 that Namor appears in the story. I know I have one of them as physical copy but must be on one of the mystery boxes I keep closed.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Correct. The actual story starts from issue 26 as well I believe.

Thanks guys, I corrected my post with the correct volume. As noted, Issue #26 is the starting point of the conflict is between Lemuria and Wakanda. It does go into detail about the child at the center of the conflict so it would help to know what all the arguments between the characters is all about. Namor then appears in 27-29.

Cool splash page from issue #27

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-20-2020 at 09:40 AM.

That arc was a great example of how you create a story that showcases your hero (T'Challa) while not trashing the guest characters. The respect the writer had for all the characters involved, Panther, Namor, Doom, even Ghuar, helped strengthen the story, it ddin't take away from it, and is one of the reasons this arc is still looked back on fondly as a high point.

Mighty Member

Thanks guys, I corrected my post with the correct volume. As noted, Issue #26 is the starting point of the conflict is between Lemuria and Wakanda. It does go into detail about the child at the center of the conflict so it would help to know what all the arguments between the characters is all about. Namor then appears in 27-29.

Cool splash page from issue #27

You convinced me, I'll start with issue #26, besides I'm a fan of Ororo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    That arc was a great example of how you create a story that showcases your hero (T'Challa) while not trashing the guest characters. The respect the writer had for all the characters involved, Panther, Namor, Doom, even Ghuar, helped strengthen the story, it ddin't take away from it, and is one of the reasons this arc is still looked back on fondly as a high point.
    I agree 1000 % with this. I wish more of today's writers would go back and then read this arc. Too many of them I'm afraid have followed the Mark Millar/Bendis playbook from Civil War or Disassembled.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I like two against one fights so perhaps I'll make a Namor vs Hulk & Hercules. I have this idea of a follow up to Tales to Astonish 100 were the Puppet Master recruits Hulk & Hercules to go against Namor since Hulk alone failed the first time and let Namor figure out how to win that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What a great idea--I would love to see this!
    And I got this started. I changed a bit the story and involved Roxxon cause I like them as Namor's antagonists.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 06-01-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Anyone here have scans or know issues that show the Atlantean language?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Anyone here have scans or know issues that show the Atlantean language?

Adam: Legend of the Blue Marvel (2009) #4

This is the first one that came to mind, I think there are others but honestly the one thing that's built up even less than Atlantean history is the language. You would think that a certain underwater people would benefit from a whole language and alphabet being made for them instead of some certain island dwelling mutants but what am I saying? Having someone sit down and think out a whole language for a race that doesn't even speak English in the first place? Some good writing? I must be living in a dream world.

(sorry for the copious amounts of salt in my reply but I am just a tad upset that things the Atlanteans would benefit from are always given to others, why do the mutants even need a freaking language??? the whole point of being a mutant is that you are from all walks of life and its the human race evolving, not its own separate race like the Atlanteans.)

If I recall anything else I will post about it, maybe when Rev gets back they will have a more through answer. I do remember that Namor once spoke about how speaking english was strange to him from his 90s run.

Namor the Sub-Mariner (1990) #26

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Thanks for that, IW. Are there any scans out there of the actual text, as in carved in stone or tablets, scrolls?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thanks for that, IW. Are there any scans out there of the actual text, as in carved in stone or tablets, scrolls?
    If you recall the Fraction Defenders run at the bottoms of the pages were little sentences or tag lines, written in English, however for Namor's issue (#5) the tag lines were written in runes, I believe the reader is supposed to translate them but I never got around to figuring it out. I'm currently busy with work but I will see if I can post the scans over the weekend if you don't have that issue. I'll try to think if there are others, I know I'm forgetting something but so many distractions, so many comics to mentally sort through.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

One of my all-time favorite superhero theme songs: