Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 712
  1. #436
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    I'm enjoying Tarot alot and I think the main reason is because its set during a time in the past, I really enjoyed that era of comics. I wish we could have Renuad and Davis on a Defenders ongoing with Namor, Hulk, Strange, Surfer, and Valkyrie.

    Some tiny Namor's from the comic.





    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  2. #437
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Gosh that cover is gorgeous! And its true mer folk/mermaids/sirenas haven't been a big part of Namor's mythology I recall there was that short mini series that had the reveal of the mermaid at the end, and also the issue of The Sub-Mariner #54 that had the mermaid story.



    Which honestly makes no sense as to why there aren't mermaids/merfolk more in Namor's stories. IIRC Hickman did something with fish faced people, the old atlantean kings, but that went no where. I really think adding the Sirenas is a good move to expand the roster of more than just Atlanteans and Lemurians as a race underwater. I think that writers should use more underwater or water based myths from around the world into stories.
    I agree and good find on issue 54, plus that's a story illustrated by Alan Weiss!!

  3. #438
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm enjoying Tarot alot and I think the main reason is because its set during a time in the past, I really enjoyed that era of comics. I wish we could have Renuad and Davis on a Defenders ongoing with Namor, Hulk, Strange, Surfer, and Valkyrie.

    Some tiny Namor's from the comic.





    So awesome! Wish this was a maxi-series at least instead of just 4 issues!

  4. #439
    Fantastic Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Hey everyone, what are some of the interactions between Namor and T'challa can you think of before the Illuminati/Civil War era?

  5. #440
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Hey everyone, what are some of the interactions between Namor and T'challa can you think of before the Illuminati/Civil War era?
    Hey Doombot. Hmmmnn. I can't think of any major meetings, except for the Avengers-Defenders War! But not really interaction, just both being there.

  6. #441
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Hey everyone, what are some of the interactions between Namor and T'challa can you think of before the Illuminati/Civil War era?

    T'challa is not part of Namor's mythos. There are NO interactions in Namor's books and most of the interactions are to benefit T'challa, so you rarely see Namor in a good light. I tend to disregard them, for the most part.



    Daredevil Annual 4 -- They don't interact much, but T'challa ends up insulting Namor.

    Defenders 84 -- Kiber Island incident -- a hot mess.

    Priest's Black Panther 26 - 30 -- Sturm and Drang -- One of the fairer portrayals of Namor in a Black Panther story, where Namor ends up being the bigger man to solve the crisis and war, which T'challa started. But it is a Black Panther story, so Namor has to "lose" and look bad in front of his people -- which really didn't make any sense.

    Priest also used the Defenders (including Namor) in Black Panther 35, but I haven't read this issue.

    Hudlin's Black Panther -- I found these appearances cringe worthy. Hudlin is the only writer who portrayed Namor and and T'challa as "friends." But it's a friendship where Namor is repeatedly deferring to the "awesomeness" of T'challa, and acting completely out of character, as well as down right stupid.

    Black Panther 17 Namor attends T'challa's bachelor party, where he acts like he's never seen a stripper and coos over shrimp, all while dressed in an awful suit vest.

    Black Panther 21 I don't know where to start ... Hudlin apparently didn't read any of the Civil War books, or the Illuminati origin book, or a Namor book. It basically has Namor sucking up to T'challa and asking him to lead the anti-Regulation group in Civil War, because Hudlin's Namor is completely inadequate and admits it to T'challa and Storm??? And don't get me started on how Namor treats Storm. ugh. Oh, and if Namor wasn't trashed enough, he also gets to relate a retconned WWII story where he's a complete idiot.

    Black Panther 1 -- Namor tries to get T'challa to join the Cabal??? Like Hudlin hadn't read the Illuminati issue.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-27-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  7. #442
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    The only good contribution from a Black Panther comic for Namor

    Black Panther (1998) #28



    Honestly though, I really hope Marvel keeps Namor out of Black Panther books in the future.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  8. #443
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm enjoying Tarot alot and I think the main reason is because its set during a time in the past, I really enjoyed that era of comics. I wish we could have Renuad and Davis on a Defenders ongoing with Namor, Hulk, Strange, Surfer, and Valkyrie.

    Some tiny Namor's from the comic.

    I love this amalgamation and name! Imperius Hex!

    I have to admit, I'm disappointed Namor has such a little role, but Renaud's art makes up for it. Every "tiny pic" is gorgeous. That said, I am also enjoying the series. It's an old school story that homages one of my favorite events, the Avengers Defenders War. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be selling all that well ... though it's doing better than Atlantis Attacks.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  9. #444
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hey Doombot. Hmmmnn. I can't think of any major meetings, except for the Avengers-Defenders War! But not really interaction, just both being there.
    Yes, I think they were in the same room, after Namor and Cap got the Avengers and Defenders to actually talk to each other, but I don't remember them talking or anything.



    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The only good contribution from a Black Panther comic for Namor

    Black Panther (1998) #28



    Honestly though, I really hope Marvel keeps Namor out of Black Panther books in the future.
    I agree. It certainly does Namor no good.

    LOL! Homina, homina. All hail the speedo!
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  10. #445
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Priest also used the Defenders (including Namor) in Black Panther 35, but I haven't read this issue.
    No need to worry, Reviresco. There wasn't any interaction between Namor & T'Challa, since they weren't even in the same country.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-27-2020 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

  11. #446
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    No need to worry, Reviresco. There wasn't any interaction between Namor & T'Challa, since they weren't even in the same country.
    Really? That's a deceiving cover. But I'm fine with that.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  12. #447
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,333

    Default

    Today, February 27, is a sad anniversary -- the passing of Namor's creator, Bill Everett. Here's the touching memorial page that was printed in Namor's book.

    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #448
    Fantastic Member Mormegil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    304

    Default

    So i saw this image on twitter today

    2.jpg

    And i was talking with some people in the My Marvelous Year slack about how i like the image but don't like the triangle head. And i brought up Carl Pfeufer and his art in the 1940s.

    Someone there commented and said they like super triangle head Namor. and they pictured Reed trying to make himself look more like Namor to win Sue back on one of her runaway affairs. He drew this on the fly.

    1.jpg

    Had me laughing good.
    Last edited by Mormegil; 02-28-2020 at 08:31 AM.

  14. #449
    Fantastic Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    T'challa is not part of Namor's mythos. There are NO interactions in Namor's books and most of the interactions are to benefit T'challa, so you rarely see Namor in a good light. I tend to disregard them, for the most part.



    Daredevil Annual 4 -- They don't interact much, but T'challa ends up insulting Namor.

    Defenders 84 -- Kiber Island incident -- a hot mess.

    Priest's Black Panther 26 - 30 -- Sturm and Drang -- One of the fairer portrayals of Namor in a Black Panther story, where Namor ends up being the bigger man to solve the crisis and war, which T'challa started. But it is a Black Panther story, so Namor has to "lose" and look bad in front of his people -- which really didn't make any sense.

    Priest also used the Defenders (including Namor) in Black Panther 35, but I haven't read this issue.

    Hudlin's Black Panther -- I found these appearances cringe worthy. Hudlin is the only writer who portrayed Namor and and T'challa as "friends." But it's a friendship where Namor is repeatedly deferring to the "awesomeness" of T'challa, and acting completely out of character, as well as down right stupid.

    Black Panther 17 Namor attends T'challa's bachelor party, where he acts like he's never seen a stripper and coos over shrimp, all while dressed in an awful suit vest.

    Black Panther 21 I don't know where to start ... Hudlin apparently didn't read any of the Civil War books, or the Illuminati origin book, or a Namor book. It basically has Namor sucking up to T'challa and asking him to lead the anti-Regulation group in Civil War, because Hudlin's Namor is completely inadequate and admits it to T'challa and Storm??? And don't get me started on how Namor treats Storm. ugh. Oh, and if Namor wasn't trashed enough, he also gets to relate a retconned WWII story where he's a complete idiot.

    Black Panther 1 -- Namor tries to get T'challa to join the Cabal??? Like Hudlin hadn't read the Illuminati issue.
    I could have swore there were more friendly interactions between the two. I guess I was imagining it. Perhaps because I love the two characters.

  15. #450
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I could have swore there were more friendly interactions between the two. I guess I was imagining it. Perhaps because I love the two characters.
    I'm not familiar with any other interactions. I'm certain that there's nothing in Namor's books.

    There's no reason for Namor and T'challa to be friends, and they were never on a team together, for any time. AFAIK, the only writer that thought Namor and T'challa were friends was Hudlin. He completely ignores the fact that Namor has almost no male friends on the surface world. Namor's friends are usually women. Even the friendship with Cap was a retcon. Jim Hammond and Dr. Strange (and that's an odd friendship built over many issues of Defenders) are the only two I can think of, off the top of my head.

    There was one other interaction, I can recall, but I'm not sure it is actually canon, as it was a retcon about Namor and Black Panther's first meeting, written a couple of years ago after Secret Wars. It was in Rise of the Black Panther, which seemed to be something like a Season 1 mini-series retelling of T'challa's life? I wouldn't say they parted as friends there, though they weren't outright enemies.
    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •