Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1840
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/conan-the-barbar...action-series/

Seems Marvel only has the Conan comics rights, movies and cartoons are Netflix's. Even more reason for Marvel to treat Namor better. That Cimmerian has been stealing from Namor for far too long.
    What even is Namor's tv/movie/cartoon rights? Marvel still wont publicly acknowledge that they have them and what entails. I would LOVE an animated movie or series to be honest even over a live action.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I would definitely buy an Invaders book, like that.
    More of my idea for a Namor/Atlantis centric book or story. These characters have various levels of empathy with Namor and would be co/guest stars in the idea of Namor trying to unite underwater kingdoms or advance anti-Barbarians protocols. If something drew a side/alt quest towards finding the lost Dorma - yeah, Damsel thing. I want more on the Ancient Atlanteans of Hickman and how that could create dramas.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Another live Namor drawing session! For Oct 1. 9pm Est by Dan Panosion : https://twitter.com/urbanbarbarian/s...204372480?s=19
    Looking forward to this.

What even is Namor's tv/movie/cartoon rights? Marvel still wont publicly acknowledge that they have them and what entails. I would LOVE an animated movie or series to be honest even over a live action.
    Yes, I'd like to know what's going on with Marvel.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 10-01-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    More of my idea for a Namor/Atlantis centric book or story. These characters have various levels of empathy with Namor and would be co/guest stars in the idea of Namor trying to unite underwater kingdoms or advance anti-Barbarians protocols. If something drew a side/alt quest towards finding the lost Dorma - yeah, Damsel thing. I want more on the Ancient Atlanteans of Hickman and how that could create dramas.
    Sounds like a book I'd buy, Oberon!

Doesn't it seem like we know what kind of stories we like and would read, more than what we sometimes get?

For all my sentimentality, I did get to the point of not caring as much or being able to follow. It just seemed like after his last book, most of his guest appearances or co star roles are less than satisfying - to say the least. He is mostly used as a foil or twist to plots that may directly involve him.

I really don't want to get into the whole Wakanda vs Atlantis thing. I'm not even sure why it should be a thing? Is there any retro-continuity explaining hundreds of years or more of bitterness towards each other, or is it just 'now'? I'm not sure I read those so I wouldn't know

but it doesn't ring true. Atlantis for most of recent history, seems embroiled enough in it's own politics and dramas, other wars from the other water races. Where does this all go to, with respect to Wakanda's legendary histories?

Are we going to get a story indicating that Atlanteans stole tech or other things from Wakanda in a long ago era?

At any rate, I just want new Namor stories that don't go there. Sure if you have a good story to bring back some unity, fine. Likewise any associations with Inhumans or Eternals/Deviants, which I confess to want to see in Namor stories because I believe the mutual histories would be fascinating and serve better purpose or constructing the underwater tapestry better, than Wakanda stories.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Doesn't it seem like we know what kind of stories we like and would read, more than what we sometimes get?

For all my sentimentality, I did get to the point of not caring as much or being able to follow. It just seemed like after his last book, most of his guest appearances or co star roles are less than satisfying - to say the least. He is mostly used as a foil or twist to plots that may directly involve him.

I really don't want to get into the whole Wakanda vs Atlantis thing. I'm not even sure why it should be a thing? Is there any retro-continuity explaining hundreds of years or more of bitterness towards each other, or is it just 'now'? I'm not sure I read those so I wouldn't know

but it doesn't ring true. Atlantis for most of recent history, seems embroiled enough in it's own politics and dramas, other wars from the other water races. Where does this all go to, with respect to Wakanda's legendary histories?

Are we going to get a story indicating that Atlanteans stole tech or other things from Wakanda in a long ago era?

At any rate, I just want new Namor stories that don't go there. Sure if you have a good story to bring back some unity, fine. Likewise any associations with Inhumans or Eternals/Deviants, which I confess to want to see in Namor stories because I believe the mutual histories would be fascinating and serve better purpose or constructing the underwater tapestry better, than Wakanda stories.
    Agree, the connection with Triton from the Inhumans comes from the Silver Age but this enmity with Wakanda seems like it came out of the blue, not organic at all. Wakanda and Atlantis have too many things in common to be fighting with each other.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, Inkoktober started out with a bang! Day One prompt is Fish. So, of course, we had a few folks immediately think of Namor! : )

by Cat Murdock
    https://twitter.com/CatMurdock_Art/s...074312705?s=20

by Ciancaleoni Ambros
    https://www.instagram.com/d.racer45/

by Alex Di Paola
    https://www.instagram.com/aldip_art/
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Another live Namor drawing session! For Oct 1. 9pm Est by Dan Panosion : https://twitter.com/urbanbarbarian/s...204372480?s=19
    Looking forward to this.
    Well, crap. I missed it live. I did get to see the tail end of it, and what they were drawing, and it was great! But the video disappeared before I could actually watch the whole thing.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

https://www.cbr.com/conan-the-barbar...action-series/

Seems Marvel only has the Conan comics rights, movies and cartoons are Netflix's. Even more reason for Marvel to treat Namor better. That Cimmerian has been stealing from Namor for far too long.
    Heh.
    Conan's rights are a little complicated. Like in the Europe, I think he's in public domain.

But the Netflix thing might explain why Marvel got the rights to the comics back.

Not really sure. I'm trying to think if Namor has appeared in any recent cartoons.

Yes, I'd like to know what's going on with Marvel.
    YES! What's the deal, Marvel???

Mighty Member

Because today its Flex Friday!

Awesome work, Thor-El! The Gift! LOL!

Though ... that doesn't look comfortable for our sea prince. ouch!

Mighty Member

Awesome work, Thor-El! The Gift! LOL!

Though ... that doesn't look comfortable for our sea prince. ouch!
    Thank you Rev. I had a blast working on this story and pitting Namor against the combined might of Hulk & Herc, which are worthy opponents for the king of Atlantis, no cheap jobbing matches for the savage Sub-mariner on my watch .

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Well, crap. I missed it live. I did get to see the tail end of it, and what they were drawing, and it was great! But the video disappeared before I could actually watch the whole thing.
    It was a nice session, one artist didn't even do Namor! lol, they did Abomination, but Dan's Namor was nicest, it was Namor sitting on a coral throne with little fishes swimming behind him and he had one hand on his temple/face as he looked at you, the inking was wonderful, and also Joe Quesada was there and I asked in the live chat if he was going to give us a new Seashell Namor and he told us the story behind the art was: The guy in charge of the book (I think his name was Chris but I forgot the last name) asked Joe to come draw and even gave Joe the idea of the seashell look, and so it was Chris's idea to go for that outfit and Joe did the art. Joe was working on this art that had Namor rising out of the water with jet's chasing him.

Also Rev I wanted to ask you about this Interview I found was searching the web last night: https://uncannyxmen.net/secret-wars-...-first-inhuman it talks about a Namor Inhuman miniseries??? I have never heard of this before.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Also Rev I wanted to ask you about this Interview I found was searching the web last night: https://uncannyxmen.net/secret-wars-...-first-inhuman it talks about a Namor Inhuman miniseries??? I have never heard of this before.

I've never heard of that. And none of that was set up in Secret Wars or before. Plus that clearly isn't what Hickman was doing with Namor in that event. Also, I don't think Namor is a favorite of JoeQ at all.

Thank you Rev. I had a blast working on this story and pitting Namor against the combined might of Hulk & Herc, which are worthy opponents for the king of Atlantis, no cheap jobbing matches for the savage Sub-mariner on my watch .

All right! That's more like it!

And everyone is so shiny.