Page 46 of 123 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Rank your favorite Atlanteans! I made a Sub-Mariner Character Tier list for fun, (accidentally added two Fens and two Nitas) just drag and drop the pics: https://tiermaker.com/create/marvel-...racters-307491

And here's my list!

Is that Neptune next to Cleito? And who is the blonde next to Cleito?

Who is between Vyrra and Attuma?

Who is that between Tamara and Argos? Is that Selach? Or one of the Tridents?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Is that Neptune next to Cleito? And who is the blonde next to Cleito?

Who is between Vyrra and Attuma?

Who is that between Tamara and Argos? Is that Selach? Or one of the Tridents?
    Yes the order is Neptune, Cleito, Sybil (the oracle of Atlantis who was in the rom comic XD), Vyrra then Tha-Korr, then Attuma. And between Tamara and Argos is Jian, Namor's guard, oh but it cut off half his head!

I just realized I forgot Kamar *face palm* oh well, I often try to pretend that storyline doesn't exist anyways XD.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yes the order is Neptune, Cleito, Sybil (the oracle of Atlantis who was in the rom comic XD), Vyrra then Tha-Korr, then Attuma. And between Tamara and Argos is Jian, Namor's guard, oh but it cut off half his head!

I just realized I forgot Kamar *face palm* oh well, I often try to pretend that storyline doesn't exist anyways XD.
    LOL! I feel the same. He'd definitely be on Into the Abyss row.

Ah, Jian. It's coming back to me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, there was much hand wringing, but here's my Tiers.

These are aren’t characters I hate and love, but characters I think are valuable for Namor’s world / book. I tended to rate all of Everett’s original characters, heroes and villains, as Iconic.

Okay, I also hate Llyron.

Hmmm. There’s a logo over some of my Iconic choices. Vashti, Neptune, Namora and Namorita are under the logo.

Thanks for doing this, IW!

Okay, there was much hand wringing, but here's my Tiers.

These are aren’t characters I hate and love, but characters I think are valuable for Namor’s world / book. I tended to rate all of Everett’s original characters, heroes and villains, as Iconic.

Okay, I also hate Llyron.

Hmmm. There’s a logo over some of my Iconic choices. Vashti, Neptune, Namora and Namorita are under the logo.

Thanks for doing this, IW!
    Haha! I also HATE Llryon, such a useless character and his whole origin and story line is my number one hated arcs. But this is a good list! I also hate Llyra but I will admit that she is perfect to come back as a future villainess for Namor to face again, and if we got a "resurrected Dorma who goes to face Llyra to make her pay for murdering her" that would be such a cool story line. (don't worry about the text it comes with all the finished tables, the reason I didn't get one was because I just screenshot the pic on my laptop, by using print screen I was able to save it to my photo editor and crop around it)

I can see the top 3 rows as must have characters for a Namor series. All very wise choices!

Haha! I also HATE Llryon, such a useless character and his whole origin and story line is my number one hated arcs. But this is a good list! I also hate Llyra but I will admit that she is perfect to come back as a future villainess for Namor to face again, and if we got a "resurrected Dorma who goes to face Llyra to make her pay for murdering her" that would be such a cool story line. (don't worry about the text it comes with all the finished tables, the reason I didn't get one was because I just screenshot the pic on my laptop, by using print screen I was able to save it to my photo editor and crop around it)

I can see the top 3 rows as must have characters for a Namor series. All very wise choices!
    Thank you. And yes, that was my thinking, that the top 3 rows are characters that are part of Namor's world and should be available to use. The "they exist" row are characters I don't think have been used / developed enough to make an impression on me, BUT they have possibilities, the right writer could develop.

I love it! Yes, that's the sort of thing that makes Llyra totally necessary.

Ah. Okay, I'll try that.

I want to play too, but I cant quite tell who the entire list is!

I have no idea why this board always resizes my images to a tiny version. It drives me nuts.
    Last edited by Doombot; 03-30-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I want to play too, but I cant quite tell who the entire list is!

I have no idea why this board always resizes my images to a tiny version. It drives me nuts.

I was going to ask which ones, but it looks like you figured it out.
    Can't help you with the resizing, though. This site is a bit wonky at times.

LOL! It looks like no one likes Llyron!

Definitely some interesting choices. I have to admit, I waffled a bit on Namora's place. Not because I didn't like but there's just not been as much done with her and Nita and her duplicate a bit.

I think Stingray might object to having his wife on a different row from him. ;p

Mighty Member

Rank your favorite Atlanteans! I made a Sub-Mariner Character Tier list for fun, (accidentally added two Fens and two Nitas) just drag and drop the pics: https://tiermaker.com/create/marvel-...racters-307491

And here's my list!

Very cool. I wish there was a way to put the character names since I don't know them all but from the ones I know I made my selection. I really don't believe in tossing almost any characters into the abyss because I have seen what is under a writer a lame character become a fan favorite under another writer. It can also be argued about main heroes too. The only one I'm tossing into the abyss is what I assume is blue Namorita because I thought it was a stupid idea.

Interesting choices! Yeah I think the CBR board can't handle too many large images so it resized them. It you upload directly to the board it will come up small, if you post the image elsewhere on the web then [img] insert image link here [/img] then it shows up big usually. I get frustrated when theres a three image limit. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Very cool. I wish there was a way to put the character names since I don't know them all but from the ones I know I made my selection. I really don't believe in tossing almost any characters into the abyss because I have seen what is under a writer a lame character become a fan favorite under another writer. It can also be argued about main heroes too. The only one I'm tossing into the abyss is what I assume is blue Namorita because I thought it was a stupid idea.

Sorry about the name thing Thor-El! And I did use a bit more obscure characters that haven't shown up in decades just because I felt I needed to add more to the roster. Lol. But cool list!

The last little blue girl with blonde hair is Sybil the Oracle of Atlantis, who showed up in ROM comics and is very obscure, but I think the reason I added her to the list was that I wanted an Oracle/mystical figure in Atlantis. I feel Marvel needs to lean into the mystical side of Atlantis more and every King needs a Seer.

SCOTT SUMMER'S PHONE WHEN NAMOR CALLS

https://twitter.com/616cyclops/statu...14871922528259

I'm sure I've made it clear how much I hate this Maleev Bendis/Namor pic. However, this is the best use of it I have seen. Nearly fell out of my chair laughing at Passive Aggressive Cyclops. LOL!

I imagine Namor's phone would have the most flattering pictures of the ladies ... and none of the men are even in his contacts! ;p It would explain that page from Heroes for Hire, were he doesn't recognize Stingray. But I guarantee you that he has Diane Arliss' picture in his contacts.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-31-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

Cool choices, Thor-El! Though I thought you liked Tamara more?

Sorry about the name thing Thor-El! And I did use a bit more obscure characters that haven't shown up in decades just because I felt I needed to add more to the roster. Lol. But cool list!

The last little blue girl with blonde hair is Sybil the Oracle of Atlantis, who showed up in ROM comics and is very obscure, but I think the reason I added her to the list was that I wanted an Oracle/mystical figure in Atlantis. I feel Marvel needs to lean into the mystical side of Atlantis more and every King needs a Seer.
    Interesting point about the seer. That's sort of my reasoning for Abira, who is now the Logomancer. Atlantis needs a magical cast. Especially if that sorceress that Cullen Bunn created for Fear Itself showed back up. What was her name? Ardna? I loved her. So much potential, and we didn't really know alot about her.

You did a great job, IW, especially since there's actually quite a few Atlantean / Namor characters, even though they haven't appeared that often or in a long while. Remember Ikthon, the Head Scientist? I thought he was good cast member, and then ... Betrayal?!?!? Or the High Priest, Kormok. I think Vashti even has some relatives.

The writer of Marvels Snapshots Sub-Mariner, Alan Brennert, IS online at Facebook. Most of his page appears to be about his novels, and I didn't see him pushing the Subby comic. However, if you want to drop him a line, here's the page.

https://www.facebook.com/AlanBrennertAuthor/

Mighty Member

Cool choices, Thor-El! Though I thought you liked Tamara more?
    I'm actually not familiar with the character. I've glanced through a couple of silver age Sub-mariner comics with her in there but still have to properly read the stories. I have only pockets of Namor's history, Some golden age (I'm still working on these going strictly in publishing order), the entire 60s cartoon, some original Invaders, most of Super Villain Team Up, all Roger Stern Avengers, All of 90s Namor series, his death and resurrection in SS, and Invaders 2019. I have other series and appearances here and there but that's mostly the extent of what I've read.