Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 751
  1. #136
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    A fan on Twitter made this Namor MCU poster. link

    This. Is. Gorgeous.

  2. #137
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

    I really hate to be negative about another character's good fortune ... but it does rankle. It's like Marvel has just given up and handed over the space of it's first superhero, and the original sea prince!

    Especially when I read this blurb, which sounds a lot like Roxxon, Suma Ket / Serpent Crown, and Byrrah.
    I really want to know what's going on in the heads of the people that keep refusing to build Namor's brand or give him anything. Like seriously I've had my suspicions that someone at Marvel has been holding Namor back and had hoped that with them now (possibly) regaining rights then it would be better. I do see the similarities now that you mentioned it and honestly Aquaman has taken so much from Namor over the years that its just frustrating to see him do it again. ):
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  3. #138
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This. Is. Gorgeous.
    So awesome!!! UncannyKnack (the artist) is always great!!!!

  4. #139
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

    I really hate to be negative about another character's good fortune ... but it does rankle. It's like Marvel has just given up and handed over the space of it's first superhero, and the original sea prince!




    Especially when I read this blurb, which sounds a lot like Roxxon, Suma Ket / Serpent Crown, and Byrrah.
    So sad that Aquaman keeps his copy of Dorma & Vashti and promotes them on an animated show as original while Namor's original cast remains dead, and Namor himself is relegated to guest star in other titles. If they have really acquired the full rights to the character I hope they make something so good it surpass the copy.

  5. #140
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,529

    Default

    It is annoying how Marvel seems to have given up on Namor since DC got a jump on them by introducing Aquaman to the DC movie universe. I have to admit they did a good job too, probably because he's not the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon look alike as he was for many years in the comics. DC really lifted the Namor look you guys mentioned from the Namor done by Byrne and Jae Lee when he had amnesia


  6. #141
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Agreed. Clearly you already know this, but Namor does have several slight advantages in his favor. That should definitely count for something.

  7. #142
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,529

    Default

    I sure hope they start developing things soon. I don't want to be senile when it finally happens!

  8. #143
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Atlantis Attacks #1 comic preview is here! link

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  9. #144
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Thought I would share a link to this fan art where Spock takes on a certain look from our favorite sea king

    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  10. #145
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thought I would share a link to this fan art where Spock takes on a certain look from our favorite sea king : D
    That's cool! Though the only time I could see Spock wearing it would be in Pon Farr. LOL!


    I'm pretty sure this was inspired by the commissioned Phoenix Namor statue that has been posted here in various stages. Here's the finished commission, in several slides, and it is AWESOME.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7XDXRjj..._web_copy_link


    Some of my favorite pics, though there's plenty more, including close ups of the rather harsh face.





    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  11. #146
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Atlantis Attacks #1 comic preview is here! link


    Next week! Can't wait.

    Though, I have to wonder about the article writer.

    Namor’s recent heel turn continues in next week’s “Atlantis Attacks,” unlike Marvel’s 1989 crossover event of the same name, where he allied with humanity to prevent an Atlantean-Lemurian alliance from taking over the world.
    Seriously? Namor's a heel for taking action because surface people keep invading Atlantis and stealing from them ... again? At least Greg Pak is showing WHY Namor is attacking.

    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  12. #147
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Sunless Realm
    Posts
    9,369

    Default

    Not sure if this is an actual statue or a 3d model, but I like it! It's a custom statue based off David Finch's Invaders cover by Alpha3Custom.



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5d8T8cj..._web_copy_link


    Ah, here's the inspiration. A variant cover for Steve Rogers Super Soldier #1.

    ***Namor75 Celebration Threads***

    IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

  13. #148
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's cool! Though the only time I could see Spock wearing it would be in Pon Farr. LOL!

    I'm pretty sure this was inspired by the commissioned Phoenix Namor statue that has been posted here in various stages. Here's the finished commission, in several slides, and it is AWESOME.

    Some of my favorite pics, though there's plenty more, including close ups of the rather harsh face.
    Yes! I checked their blog and they did use it as a reference for the art. lol, I agree that seems like the best time Spock would wear something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Not sure if this is an actual statue or a 3d model, but I like it! It's a custom statue based off David Finch's Invaders cover by Alpha3Custom.



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5d8T8cj..._web_copy_link


    Ah, here's the inspiration. A variant cover for Steve Rogers Super Soldier #1.
    Ahhh I'm in love, I really love it when statues have him in his iconic look. This looks wonderful.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  14. #149
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Someone on twitter brought up the idea of Namor/Ororo in the main comics and while I thought they were very cute in that AU comic and think that they have a good respect for each other, I just feel that Namor needs to stay away from any mention of T'challa or Wakanda, and I feel like if Namor and Ororo were paired together it would seem like Namor is "stealing" Ororo from T'challa even though the two characters have been divorced for years now. I get very tired of Namor being saddled with the "woman/wife stealer" and "homewrecker" labels. What do you all think?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

  15. #150
    Mighty Member Thor-El's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Someone on twitter brought up the idea of Namor/Ororo in the main comics and while I thought they were very cute in that AU comic and think that they have a good respect for each other, I just feel that Namor needs to stay away from any mention of T'challa or Wakanda, and I feel like if Namor and Ororo were paired together it would seem like Namor is "stealing" Ororo from T'challa even though the two characters have been divorced for years now. I get very tired of Namor being saddled with the "woman/wife stealer" and "homewrecker" labels. What do you all think?
    As much as I like the idea of an Ororo / Namor pairing you have a point there with the "homewrecker" label and bringing possible conflict with Black Panther that in the end simply makes Namor look bad and possibly even loose Ororo as a writer may decide to simply fix the couple.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •